Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Update Now" Button Not Clickable

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited July 2011
    Same thing happened to me. I tried refreshing, too, and nothing. Honestly, I don't even want the patch! My game is finally working awesome with no glitches, so I'm going to avoid the patch for as long as I can. But I might get Generations for my birthday (which is July 31) so that won't be for long. :\
    44444.gif
  • Options
    DaisyIdoDaisyIdo Posts: 99 New Member
    edited July 2011
    lorinlish wrote:
    I've been able to install every update with no problems until now. Today, the launcher tells me there are updates available, but when I click on the "OK" button nothing happens.

I've also tried clicking on the "Game Updates" tab. The launcher can see that there is a new update available (game version 6495-1.24.3.012001) and it has the full information for what is included in the update. However, the "Update Now" button at the bottom is grayed out and when I click on it, nothing happens.

What does this mean??

OMG im so happy this is happening to other people :)
    there are all these posts that are like "I FOUND A FIX!!!" on the forums but they all showcase EA's sloppy planning. all of them involve .exe files or origin and other things that are only for PC
    why even make the sims for mac if they're not gonna give us the updates that they make such a big deal about?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hi all,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties!

If you would be so kind as to list which version of OS X you are using, as well as the products you have installed. It would be much appreciated.

Also, if you could let me know if you have the digital download version or the DVD version of your products, that will be very helpful.

Thank you!

i have os x version 10.6.7, and i have the physical copies of obviously the base game, generations, and outdoor living stuff
  • Options
    420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Just played for a bit all I have tried to do that the patch says it fixed was to take a photo with the Hiko QX40di Gladiator which you buy in Eygpt. it looks like it still does work correctly. The take a photo icon still does not go away the sim was still not moving to the next task with out resetSim being used. I also did not see any thing like "household furnings" appear when I focused the camera on an item. It made all the right sounds but that was it. Back to the reprograms I guess.

I can not believe what a lame company EA has become.
  • Options
    urbankiddurbankidd Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    It works for me now... it just magically worked. ****.
  • Options
    lovethecurrylovethecurry Posts: 50
    edited July 2011
    I have just tried to install it and it worked! I'm thrilled to try it out!
  • Options
    sweetlittlecherrysweetlittlecherry Posts: 477 New Member
    edited July 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    Just played for a bit all I have tried to do that the patch says it fixed was to take a photo with the Hiko QX40di Gladiator which you buy in Eygpt. it looks like it still does work correctly. The take a photo icon still does not go away the sim was still not moving to the next task with out resetSim being used. I also did not see any thing like "household furnings" appear when I focused the camera on an item. It made all the right sounds but that was it. Back to the reprograms I guess.

I can not believe what a lame company EA has become.

OH NO.... Seriously? That was the main reason I was so keen for this patch because I wanted to be able to play with my photography sims again. :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have just tried to install it and it worked! I'm thrilled to try it out!

sorry this is really random...but where did you get your avatars hair? i LOVE it!
  • Options
    lovethecurrylovethecurry Posts: 50
    edited July 2011
    I truly don't remember. I downloaded a sim from The Exchange and it came with it. I have since uninstalled all custom content since I have had several issues with it.
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2011
    I have just updated my game. Will try playing it in a few hours.
  • Options
    SyquestSyquest Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hi all,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties!

If you would be so kind as to list which version of OS X you are using, as well as the products you have installed. It would be much appreciated.

Also, if you could let me know if you have the digital download version or the DVD version of your products, that will be very helpful.

Thank you!

I have a Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511) with base game plus World Adventures and Ambitions, all from DVD.

Okay now my "Update Now" button is working. I click it to begin download and it goes through the whole thing. Then it says "Some of the files have been modified! Please re-install" What does that mean? Re-install what? I click on View log and it all says ok except for one line in red and it reads "Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/version.txt -> SHA1 Error" I click close and when I restart, it says "A software update is available. Would you like to update your game?" again.

I clicked update without custom content as well. I have always updated using the launcher without problems.

My specs. All EP's except Fast Lane, Mac 10.5.8, Quad-Core Intel Xeon, G5 and all are discs. Can tech support help?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I have finally had to uninstall and re-install the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs. After each install, I would update the game before installing the next one. Mine was real buggy and some of my downloaded items stopped showing up. Now I'm on day 3 with no problems. I can even travel without losing household Sims when vacation is over. Hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    bballleigh15bballleigh15 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Hi I am running on a mac OS X snow leopard 10.6.8 and I cannot seem to get my any of my sims 3 games to work. I have done clean installations many times and now it doesn't even run. It will load up to a black screen and then shut off and act like its not compatable anymore, which I know it is.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    I updated it but then I got so many glitches plus because of bad CC. But it all started with not being able to update via launcher. And I'm not going to push the update button until I know with certainty that it will work, or someone changes my mind... which is possible. :roll: But I know from experience I can't update. So the only games I have are Sims3 and Expansion Pack Late Night.

My computer Specs should be in my signature. Btw if my graphics card is bad why is it listed in the computer game read me requirements? Just asking? :?
  • Options
    bballleigh15bballleigh15 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Idk, it's all very weird to me, because my games worked on a Mac OS X 10.5.2, when they are only supposed to be for 10.5.7 or higher.

However i have found the source of the problem. It's deff the Sims that people recreate on this site and others like it. For some reason the EA people have made the new update not allow any recreated content. However i have found a way to get the content from the store to work. You have to actually go into the game and click on the new store option ( i usually do it from Create A Sim ), then go to where it shows you your purchase history and then start installing the items ONE AT A TIME. If you do too many at once your computer might freeze up, trust me i've had it happen a few times.
  • Options
    BanrionaBanriona Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    I am now finding these exact same problems with a newly-installed game 3 years on. This is ridiculous!

I'm on a macbook pro, OS X Version 10.9.1. I downloaded the base game, 3 EPs and 1 SP via Origin. I'm now on my 3rd install attempt of just the base game, which just about works, but I can't update it - the update button is greyed out, the update option on startup leads to an incomplete attempt at a download, and none of the patches seem to work (unsuitable format, PC only, corrupted data...). And, of course, I can't install the EPs until my base game is the right version.

Could someone please sort this out? You'd think after this amount of time, EA would have fixed their issues with Mac... just unacceptable.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited February 2014
    Can't you download and install the super patch linked to in the second thread on this forum?
    apple-signature.png