Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Praise the Sim Gods! Patch is working!

THE PATCH FOR MAC USERS IS NOW AVAILABLE AND WORKING! Amen, SimGods, Amen! :lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:

About time...:roll:

Thank you, EA. Glad you didn't let us down today
:wink:

Comments

• Options
    Me491Me491 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It was definitely helpful to me.
  • Options
    SesquipedalianSesquipedalian Posts: 26
    edited July 2011
    It's nice to know something will happen about it. Hopefully they get it done soon!
  • Options
    mellysuemellysue Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2011
    I agree! I don't want to start my game *until* the patch is updated so I can install it. I wanna play all day! (What's left of it!!)

I waited for an hour to get the information that I did get, but I think it was well worth it!!
  • Options
    manawa_kahamanawa_kaha Posts: 82 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for posting this! I wondered what I was doing wrong, and waited for ages after clicking "Update Now" just to be sure it wasn't doing something :lol:

Here's hoping for a speedy fix!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for posting this! I wondered what I was doing wrong, and waited for ages after clicking "Update Now" just to be sure it wasn't doing something :lol:

Here's hoping for a speedy fix!

^This! Totally agree. I am dying to play, I haven't been able to play TS3 for about two months now and I am so STOKED to play, I just wish the update would work, so I can download all of my store purchases.
  • Options
    lindseynicole16lindseynicole16 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Yes, this guy was a big help. They guy they put me with made me uninstall and reinstall the game. And he told me to uninstall in the wrong manner. I really did wish they had a Mac specific team. Mac users are just as important as Windows users.

Anyways, this helped ease my mind so thank you. I was beginning to think there would never be an answer.
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You're welcome everyone! I just knew that there were a lot of people not getting the answers they wanted, and when I was able to get transferred to this guy, he gave me exactly what everyone else and myself were all looking for. If anyone finds anything else out, please feel free to post it here, and I will update the OP so that it is right there when people view the message. (:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:

It says "404 Not Found"
  • Options
    w3byw3by Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Unless 1.24 is not the most recent one anymore, they are, in fact, pretty much very recent :P

As far as the links go, first one updates from 1.23, second one updates from 1.22, third one updates from 1.21 and in case someone's on older version, the fourth one updates from 1.0
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sorry maybe I didn't understand (today is not my day with all the tech-talk haha). Where did you get them?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have my ways :P
    I've started digging around after seeing Mac users have trouble downloading the new patch and found the links ;)
  • Options
    lizw2006lizw2006 Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    Updating right now. Thanks w3by, I'll let you know if this fixes the problems I've been having with freezing after a few minutes of game play...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    w3by wrote:
    I have my ways :P
    I've started digging around after seeing Mac users have trouble downloading the new patch and found the links ;)

Okay well in that case, can you assist me really quick? My "version" says 8.0.152.011001

I don't really understand which link would be the one I should download.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    That's the The Sims 3 Generations version.
    From the breif experience with OS X, I believe the Launcher is the same as on the PC version. If it is, you should see icons like these in the bottom left corner of the launcher: Image_2011-07-26_at_3.15.24_AM.png
    Hover over the first icon (The Sims 3 one) and it should show the version.

If that is not the case on Mac's launcher, I'm sure someone else who is on a Mac will know how to check for the base game version there (but if you have Generations installed, you have either 1.21 or 1.22).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    w3by wrote:
    That's the The Sims 3 Generations version.
    From the breif experience with OS X, I believe the Launcher is the same as on the PC version. If it is, you should see icons like these in the bottom left corner of the launcher: Image_2011-07-26_at_3.15.24_AM.png
    Hover over the first icon (The Sims 3 one) and it should show the version.

If that is not the case on Mac's launcher, I'm sure someone else who is on a Mac will know how to check for the base game version there (but if you have Generations installed, you have either 1.21 or 1.22).
    Hmmn. It doesn't show the version, it just states that it is "The Sims 3". I installed the one from 1.21 to 1.24 and reset the game launcher, and it says that it is the most recent version (in the game update tab) so should I assume that it is up to date...? Haha.
  • Options
    SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    mellysue wrote:
    My convo with "Live Assistance"

Jane: Hi, my name is Jane. How may I help you?
    Melonie Mangum: Hi I cannot download the most recent update for TS3 on my Mac. Is there anything I can do to get the update?
    Jane: It is very sad that you are facing problem in downloading updates
    Jane: But we have troubleshooting steps .
    Melonie Mangum: And where can I view those steps?
    Jane: I am going to provide you steps , please allow me a moment
    Jane: I am going to provide you the link please follow steps
    Jane: here is the link http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1348

Melonie Mangum: I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. The latest PATCH for the game, not items from the store.
    Jane: Okay
    Jane: It seems your issue is a bit more complex so I am redirecting your issue to our higher tier team. They will assist you appropriately regarding this issue. Please stay connected.
    Jane has disconnected.
    Josh G.: Hi, my name is Josh G.. How may I help you?
    Melonie Mangum: Hi, there is a problem with Mac users downloading the latest patch.
    Melonie Mangum: The "update now" button is grayed out and non-clickable, and other users that have been able to click it, nothing happens.
    Josh G.: Ok and what happens when you try to download the patch or install?
    Josh G.: OK for sure one moment.
    Josh G.: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz See if this will let you patch the game.
    Melonie Mangum: I click the link, and it says "URL not found."
    Josh G.: Ok one moment, that may be the wrong one... Sorry i have a manual patch. Just give me one moment.
    Josh G.: OK so right now we are getting the patching fixed. This was the patch. They are creating a new one as we speak and it should released.. In till then i am sorry :/ Does the game not play? Also do you buy from the sims 3 store?
    Melonie Mangum: Uhm, I haven't yet played it, I had to re install it on my Mac because I got the harddrive replaced about a month ago, and when I installed it today, it said there was an update so I was trying to download the patch before I played it. And yes, I do buy from the Sims3 store.
    Melonie Mangum: Do you know anything about when the patch will be released? There is nothing on the forums boards from the "guru's" stating it.
    Josh G.: Yaa. im checking it now.. I know a lot of the agents here have been requesting they get this resolved fast and send us and the forums the patch.

Soooo! Hopefully they will get the Mac-Patch up and running, soon!

Hope this was helpful to a lot of users.

***More info: He said to pay attention to the forums, and to see if there is any update from the Guru's. This guy was a great help, and very polite!

*****Big thanks to W3by, who found these links for us!

http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...1-From-6495-1.23.65.012001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...01-From-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...-From-5800-1.21.123.011001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...01-From-2432-1.0.631.00001.tgz

These work (replace the 01 at the end of both version numbers with your region's number)

Please do not try and download patches from the link you were given. Updates (patches) are not at that link by design and you were given a bit of misinformation. We have not taken down the Mac updates and are not preparing new updates at this time. we are investigating issues that people are experiencing on Mac and PC. I do not have concrete information at this time unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    Me491Me491 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited July 2011
    mellysue wrote:

Melonie Mangum: Hi I cannot download the most recent update for TS3 on my Mac. Is there anything I can do to get the update?

Melonie Mangum: I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. The latest PATCH for the game, not items from the store.
    Jane: It seems your issue is a bit more complex so I am redirecting your issue to our higher tier team. They will assist you appropriately regarding this issue. Please stay connected.
    Jane has disconnected.
    Melonie Mangum: Hi, there is a problem with Mac users downloading the latest patch.
    Melonie Mangum: The "update now" button is grayed out and non-clickable, and other users that have been able to click it, nothing happens.
    Josh G.: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz See if this will let you patch the game.
    Josh G.: Ok one moment, that may be the wrong one... Sorry i have a manual patch. Just give me one moment.
    Josh G.: OK so right now we are getting the patching fixed. This was the patch. They are creating a new one as we speak and it should released.. In till then i am sorry :/ Does the game not play? Also do you buy from the sims 3 store?
    Melonie Mangum: Uhm, I haven't yet played it, I had to re install it on my Mac because I got the harddrive replaced about a month ago, and when I installed it today, it said there was an update so I was trying to download the patch before I played it. And yes, I do buy from the Sims3 store.
    Melonie Mangum: Do you know anything about when the patch will be released? There is nothing on the forums boards from the "guru's" stating it.
    Josh G.: Yaa. im checking it now.. I know a lot of the agents here have been requesting they get this resolved fast and send us and the forums the patch.

***More info: He said to pay attention to the forums, and to see if there is any update from the Guru's. This guy was a great help, and very polite!

http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...1-From-6495-1.23.65.012001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...01-From-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...-From-5800-1.21.123.011001.tgz
    http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac...01-From-2432-1.0.631.00001.tgz

These work (replace the 01 at the end of both version numbers with your region's number)

Please do not try and download patches from the link you were given. Updates (patches) are not at that link by design and you were given a bit of misinformation. We have not taken down the Mac updates and are not preparing new updates at this time. we are investigating issues that people are experiencing on Mac and PC. I do not have concrete information at this time unfortunately. :(

But they successfully updated my game! Are they a scam?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Me491 wrote:
    mellysue wrote:

Jane has disconnected.

But they successfully updated my game! Are they a scam?

Sigh. I wish that we could get some solid answers, it fixed my game as well, but I uninstalled it because I don't want any problems with my game/Macbook. Hmmmn... This is just too irritating.
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, SimGuruJenn. I'm one of the ones whose "update now" button is greyed out. I'd love to patch my game, because I just started a family game for the first time, but I'll wait till EA figures it out. :)

OS Snow Leopard, patched fully with this one exception, and I have all EPs/SPs except Town Life, and almost no CC at all (+/- 10 total?).
  • Options
    DinamightDinamight Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2011
    Uh oh. I downloaded from the links. My game hasn't exploded yet, but is there a way to undo this?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dinamight wrote:
    Uh oh. I downloaded from the links. My game hasn't exploded yet, but is there a way to undo this?

Well, I had downloaded from the link as well, and when simGuruJane (I think?) posted, I uninstalled my game asap. If that isn't an option for you (saved games, CC, etc) then I cannot help you. But if losing save data (unless you can back it up, but I don't know how :/ ) isn't an issue for you, I would uninstall your game if I were you. Sorry for the inconvenience.