Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch Coming Today-Confirmed! Edit: It's out!

This is straight from @SimGuruRyan's tweet (about 30mins ago)

"There is a brand new @TheSims3 patch today! Update your game for HUNDREDS of fixes and updates to everything from the base game to TS3Gen!"

Also "Patch notes will be posted on TheSims3.com soon containing a comprehensive list of all of the fixes and improvements in today's patch!"

Finally- fingers crossed for smooth patching all around :D

Comments

• Options
    Funky_fairy18Funky_fairy18 Posts: 318 Member
    edited July 2011
    Let's hope. And let's hope it doesn't crash things even more!
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hallelujah! That is how you spell it right?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    Please let one of them be a "turn off celebrities" option.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:
    Hallejulah! That is how you spell it right?

Almost... it's Hallelujah I think :)

On twitter he's asking if anyone has patched yet, also said it takes a while for world servers to update
    so any minute now it should appear...

Time to back up saves everyone :wink:

Oh for anyone interested, he also said an updated version of CAW will be out soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can't see a fix for sims not being able to get engaged in there. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The patch isn't showing up in my launcher. :| Typical.
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I re-started my game and clicked on Game Updates, but nothing! I refreshed, nothing again. :(

Is there a direct link available yet to download the update?
  • Options
    lindsey1988lindsey1988 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2011
    it's not showing up in my launcher either. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I just refreshed and the game update is available for me now.
  • Options
    lindsey1988lindsey1988 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2011
    fabuliz wrote:
    I re-started my game and clicked on Game Updates, but nothing! I refreshed, nothing again. :(

I found this.
    http://www.simprograms.com/32067/the-sims-3-game-update-for-1-24/
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2011
    - Photography bug --> :D
    - Sims coming home from boarding school for prom --> :D
    - Missing family inventory when coming back from vacation --> :D
    - Nectary problem --> :D

- Excavation bug --> :cry: (it might still be fixed)

There's more. I'm excited.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CP03CCP03C Posts: 22
    edited July 2011
    Yes! Finally! I have been waiting for this, I can now buy Generations! 8)

Thank you Sims team!
  • Options
    pinkfairygrl1870pinkfairygrl1870 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I was just sitting down to start a Simming session and thought I would check the forums just for kicks. What do I find? A new update! Patching right now and can't wait to see what all they fixed (and pray they didn't break anything). :shock:
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited July 2011
    fabuliz wrote:

I found this.
    http://www.simprograms.com/32067/the-sims-3-game-update-for-1-24/

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    NinjaGirl11NinjaGirl11 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I read through the list and it does not seem to have fixed the memory system that bloats saves and leads to error 12. Did anyone else see it and I just missed it? I really wanted that fixed...
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hurray! :mrgreen:
    However, does any one know how the game works with mods? I recently installed Twallan's MasterController, as well as story progression, and only now it occurred to me that I may have problems with the patches :XD: So... do I just wait for the mod to be updated? And then what...? Do I download the update or does it happen on its own (hopefully :roll: )? I'm really sorry for the questions, but I hope someone can set me straight about this stuff...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2011
    Almost none of the stuff I wanted fixed got fixed.

Uploading too many memories to the exchange causing a crash was only fixed with the mac version not the pc. :(

The special interaction with traits wasn't fixed which means all interactions for that trait will still not be available early. This needs fixing before pets comes out. :(

Didn't fix teleportaition on funiture.

Didn't fix the take back into cas cheat meaning we still can't change our sims weight without a mod. :(

Didn't tone down the romantic reputations.

Didn't apparently fix sim corruption if you send your sims on a vacation. You still risk them becoming corrupt.

Didn't fix the car spawning issue with late night. :(

Didn't fix the issue were your sims can get invited to the prom from their parents/brother/sister and go steady.

Didn't fix the homes,clubs and venues from becoming rabbitholes thou I know a workaround for that.

Didn't fix the issue were sims were giving flowers automously causing your couples to get divorces when you played another familsy. :(

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    Hurray! :mrgreen:
    However, does any one know how the game works with mods? I recently installed Twallan's MasterController, as well as story progression, and only now it occurred to me that I may have problems with the patches :XD: So... do I just wait for the mod to be updated? And then what...? Do I download the update or does it happen on its own (hopefully :roll: )? I'm really sorry for the questions, but I hope someone can set me straight about this stuff...

Most mods will have to be updated for the new patch. I"d wait.
  • Options
    Sdp241Sdp241 Posts: 159
    edited July 2011
    does this fix the free vacation bug where the parents don't return or return but you cannot click on their icon?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    There is another patch out tomorrow with Townlife. As usual people that don't buy the sp will probebly get it too.

I hope it fixes the issues I mentioned and also adds something new. I really don't like sims automously giving flowers and marriages breaking up because their giving or receiving them from other sims when your not playing them. I hope this is fixed tomorrow as I don't want to download the mod that fixes it.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well I'm so happy about the fixes I think its very nice, though I don't usually have any major issues with my game, it seems they took some time to look into a lot of things. As for the Edit In CAS cheat thing, that works in my game as is. It's so good for fixing up ugly Sims, I'm gonna go to town on Twinbrook, hideous population.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kail16 wrote:
    Well I'm so happy about the fixes I think its very nice, though I don't usually have any major issues with my game, it seems they took some time to look into a lot of things. As for the Edit In CAS cheat thing, that works in my game as is. It's so good for fixing up ugly Sims, I'm gonna go to town on Twinbrook, hideous population.

It works in mine as well except for changing their weight. Weight converts back once out of cas. I guess I'll have to buy the lifetime reward machine that makes them lose weight quick but sometimes it fails.
  • Options
    JMJRLJMJRL Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2011
    ldmarko wrote:

*sigh* They won't of. Celebrities are part of an EP, therefore not a bug or glitch that needs to be addressed and fixed. I agree that it's way too easy to become a celeb, but if you don't like it, there's mods to reduce the chances of becoming one. And if you really, really don't like celebs, maybe you should consider uninstalling that EP.
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited July 2011
    JMJRL wrote:
    ldmarko wrote:

*sigh* They won't of. Celebrities are part of an EP, therefore not a bug or glitch that needs to be addressed and fixed. I agree that it's way too easy to become a celeb, but if you don't like it, there's mods to reduce the chances of becoming one. And if you really, really don't like celebs, maybe you should consider uninstalling that EP.
    1. Are you actually saying that I should have to google up a mod that prevents my entire neighbourhood from being 3 star celebrities?
    2. Are you actually saying I should have to uninstall an EP I paid money for just because EA got lazy and decided to make it VERY easy to become a celebrity?

I think not.