Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rexy's Guide To Editing (Have an Edit that You're Really Proud of? Post Here!!)

Comments

• Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I miss Pia :´( She had a wonderful forum. Haven't been there for like a year... She was an amazing editor.
  • Options
    twilight714twilight714 Posts: 1,561
    edited July 2011
    I feel so lost because I don't know any of the people you're mentioning :'( Lol
  • Options
    starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited July 2011
    I feel so lost because I don't know any of the people you're mentioning :'( Lol

Haha me neither.
    I can only remember Smash (loved being in her comp).
  • Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Oh my goodness, Pia!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

She was amazing...I totally miss seeing her around.
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited July 2011
    lol it's funny hw that pic i posted a page or so back using smash's model has started this whole convo up about editiors we miss :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Haha, I think it's great :D

• Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited July 2011
    :) ty
  • Options
    pooh90pooh90 Posts: 4,026 Member
    edited July 2011
    Can i get an opinion on this?
    262thjm.png"width=660"
    Full size http://i53.tinypic.com/262thjm.png
    Its my Flux entry but im not sure if i want to submit it yet.
    And an opinion on the pose. Do you think i should upload it?
  • Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    @pooh that's great, very fierce and high fashion.

Perfect.png"width=600"

This is the pic I did for Canvas. It's supposed to illustrate the song F***in Perfect by P!nk. I'm not sure if I'm going to submit or redo it.
  • Options
    Pucca909Pucca909 Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I would love to have photoshop but im shocked how they are THAT expensive? :? Why would people waste that much money for it,sorry if it sounds rude,but i use gimp just that it doesn't look easier and realistic,i would love to buy photoshop,but i dont have that much money :?
  • Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    They would "waste" that money for the same reason they would "waste" it on paint, colored pencils, or drawing books. Graphic design and digital art are many people's arts. It makes sense to buy something like that if you love digital art or are going to school for it.
    Though it is very expensive many simmers manage to "acquire" it by other means. It was included in the price of my tablet so I got it with that.
  • Options
    MysticfelineMysticfeline Posts: 2,161 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Woah 0_0 I had no idea it was THAT expensive...Well, I don't know if I'm going to get bored of photo editing or not so for now I'll stick to good old gimpy :XD:
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It is pretty expensive, I was lucky enough to get it for free with my tablet :)

But I agree with Izzy.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Rose: OOoohhh Rose, that's awesome! It's so unique, and I like the pose. The one thing that gets me is how her midsection sort of gets lost in that dark brown background.

@Izzy: Very very dark and sad, but in a striking and effective way. I think the blood's a bit too bright though, it needs to be a deep red.

@Pucca: While GIMP is great, PS is a far more sophisticated and complex program, and it's what's professionally used. It's definitely expensive, but if you're planning on using it for your job or career (like I am), it's well worth the money. You also get a pretty wicked discount on it if you're a college student. In the very near future, I'll be getting Adobe CS5 Design, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for a little over 200 dollars.
  • Options
    StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited July 2011
    FishGirl4 wrote:
    @pooh that's great, very fierce and high fashion.

Perfect.png"width=600"

This is the pic I did for Canvas. It's supposed to illustrate the song F***in Perfect by P!nk. I'm not sure if I'm going to submit or redo it.

Whoa... That's amazing :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Since I'm without my computer for the next couple days and I'm stuck on my boyfriends ancient notebook (lol), I asked people on simagination and cstyles to post pics for me to edit to keep me entertained until I can get my other half fixed.

Here is what I did today, (was fuuuunnn :D)
    Hope you like.

(Click the pic to view full scale.)

v75fzc.png
  • Options
    TopcrustTopcrust Posts: 169
    edited July 2011
    How do you get your sims to pose in those cool poses?
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Topcrust wrote:
    How do you get your sims to pose in those cool poses?

The poseplayer mod. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Rose: OOoohhh Rose, that's awesome! It's so unique, and I like the pose. The one thing that gets me is how her midsection sort of gets lost in that dark brown background.

@Izzy: Very very dark and sad, but in a striking and effective way. I think the blood's a bit too bright though, it needs to be a deep red.

@Pucca: While GIMP is great, PS is a far more sophisticated and complex program, and it's what's professionally used. It's definitely expensive, but if you're planning on using it for your job or career (like I am), it's well worth the money. You also get a pretty wicked discount on it if you're a college student. In the very near future, I'll be getting Adobe CS5 Design, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for a little over 200 dollars.

Ohh i see,interesting,well when i am older i want to be a veterinarian,but i also wanted to work on how to draw or how to make some cartoon like on computer with photoshop if you know what i kinda mean.But they will only give you a discount if you are a college student or if its suppose to be part of your career in your futre but you are still a college student?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Woah 0_0 I had no idea it was THAT expensive...Well, I don't know if I'm going to get bored of photo editing or not so for now I'll stick to good old gimpy :XD:

Same here ! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChouxieChouxie Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2011
    @ Evie: I love it! The texture is a bit off, though :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This is not sims (sorry, again) but i felt like sharing (usually I want to especially if I spent 9-12 hrs on a pic) lol

SO here, my very first REAL free-style, all by myself, all myself thought up, drawn, no lining! Feedback appricated, I'm still learining so if soemone has any helpful tips, that would be grately apprciated.

npgo6p.jpg
    FULL SIZE: (it's huge) http://oi56.tinypic.com/qpgdcl.jpg
  • Options
    chocchikcookie12chocchikcookie12 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2011
    That whole picture is amazing!
    But the hair and the eyes, wowsa :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, Cookie! Tablet really makes hairdrawing much easier :mrgreen:
  • Options