Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbithole names reverting - I was helped

(also posted in technical forum)

I have made a world in CAW, and named the rabbitholes to suit the town I have made, but in town view mode when playing the game they are reverting back to Sacred Spleen Memorial hospital, Everfresh Delights Supermarket etc.

This person was having the same problem and never got an answer:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/384341.page

Any idea how to fix this please?

Comments

• Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2011
    If you name a community lot the rabbit holes will not have the same name unless you buy them in game and change them that way.
  • Options
    pyrochemistpyrochemist Posts: 73
    edited July 2011
    will2586 wrote:
    If you name a community lot the rabbit holes will not have the same name unless you buy them in game and change them that way.

I really appreciate your help but I'm not sure what you mean. The lots have been drawn in CAW, then I went to EIG to place a copy of a lot I have made previously. For example, this lot is called "Aldisia Exhibition Centre". After I have exported my world and before I start playing with a sim, it still shows as "Aldisia Exhibition Centre" but when I choose a sim and go to map view, the stadium reverts back to "Llama Memorial Stadium"

I just don't understand why, I've exported worlds before and not had this problem...
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2011
    Because that is a map tag for the rabbit hole on the lot. The lot isn't given a map tag because of the rabbit hole/career building placed on the lot. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2011
    That's because EA changed the programming and using previously created lots is now creating this problem. It seems we are apparently forced to make brand new lots for every hood. I am having even worse problems since the new ep with anything I put in my library, especially if it has sims in it. I have clothes I can't get off clothes lines. Wash stuck in dryers. Half done statues stuck and undeletable on the sculptors stands and more. On top of it none of the Ambitions careers are working right. Several of us are seeing these exact problems, as well as the new family switching in game is borking entire neighborhoods from what some people are reporting. I have a feeling it has something to do with the start up being switched from the new ep back through the base game.

But I have also been getting my lots in my library are multiplying on top of everything else. My library went from 1500 houses and families to 4500 over night, and all the reproductions are totally messed up. So today I have to empty my entire library and start over.

The thing is I usually just keep about 300 houses and about 75 or so families, but I had loaded all of mine up as I had to uninstall/reinstall all my games and worlds after my entire game went whacky last week while testing a world. All my playing hoods have different houses and families - so that is why I had so many. I just haven't finished reinstalling all my worlds yet and now my fams and houses re all messed up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2011
    Ive always had this problem. With every world Ive made. I swear there even some EA shells that retain their EA name after being placed on a new lot.

Specifically, but not all inclusive: Grocery, Stadium, and Bookstore. And at least one of the Schools, Warehouses, and Offices. I know some of them do keep a new name in all views.

Wish I knew more about this.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Because that is a map tag for the rabbit hole on the lot. The lot isn't given a map tag because of the rabbit hole/career building placed on the lot. :)

(confused smilie)

Can you try and explain a bit more, that doesn't make sense to me? In the map view, I want my stadium to be called "Aldisia Exhibition Centre" when I hover over it. Instead it says "Llama Memorial Stadium". Renaming, buldozing and replacing, changing lot type in CAW makes no difference.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Docsprock wrote:
    Ive always had this problem. With every world Ive made. I swear there even some EA shells that retain their EA name after being placed on a new lot.

Specifically, but not all inclusive: Grocery, Stadium, and Bookstore. And at least one of the Schools, Warehouses, and Offices. I know some of them do keep a new name in all views.

Wish I knew more about this.

Thing is, in the past my unique lot names have been retained. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I made my other worlds pre-generations and this is a consequence of a bug. But I'm not sure.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2011
    pyrochemist, what Rflong7 was saying is that the lot itself has the name "Aldisia Exhibition Centre" (and so this shows up in Edit town view) but the rabbithole itself has the name "Llama Memorial Stadium" (so this is what shows up on the live mode map tag).

The only ways that the rabbithole names can be changed are to either have a sim purchase real estate, buy the lot and rename it, or else to use a debug enabler and rename the rabbithole through the debug interactions.

Originally our sims could own a business, but I think that the ability to rename the rabbithole came when we had the purchase real estate feature added (Ambitions perhaps?), so it's possible you are remembering something that has been changed in a patch.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rflong7 wrote:

(confused smilie)

Can you try and explain a bit more, that doesn't make sense to me? In the map view, I want my stadium to be called "Aldisia Exhibition Centre" when I hover over it. Instead it says "Llama Memorial Stadium". Renaming, buldozing and replacing, changing lot type in CAW makes no difference.

As you said- the lot name is what you gave it... that doesn't change. The stadium you place on the lot is named Llama Memorial Stadium- that is what the map tag (town view mode) shows. The red lot tags are Career Rabbit holes- Buildings with EA names.

If you go out of map view (town view mode) and click on the ground of your lot it will show the name you gave the lot because you are not clicking on the Building tag... (hopeful smilie)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    simsample wrote:
    pyrochemist, what Rflong7 was saying is that the lot itself has the name "Aldisia Exhibition Centre" (and so this shows up in Edit town view) but the rabbithole itself has the name "Llama Memorial Stadium" (so this is what shows up on the live mode map tag).

The only ways that the rabbithole names can be changed are to either have a sim purchase real estate, buy the lot and rename it, or else to use a debug enabler and rename the rabbithole through the debug interactions.

Originally our sims could own a business, but I think that the ability to rename the rabbithole came when we had the purchase real estate feature added (Ambitions perhaps?), so it's possible you are remembering something that has been changed in a patch.

Thank you so much, this worked! :D I used a cheat to get cash, then just bought all the lots and renamed. They now show up on the map view just like I wanted.

:D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

(confused smilie)

As you said- the lot name is what you gave it... that doesn't change. The stadium you place on the lot is named Llama Memorial Stadium- that is what the map tag (town view mode) shows. The red lot tags are Career Rabbit holes- Buildings with EA names.

If you go out of map view (town view mode) and click on the ground of your lot it will show the name you gave the lot because you are not clicking on the Building tag... (hopeful smilie)

Sorry for being a bit slow, I see what you mean now. Thank you, you've replied to some of my "help me" threads before and I appreciate it :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

(confused smilie)

Sorry for being a bit slow, I see what you mean now. Thank you, you've replied to some of my "help me" threads before and I appreciate it :)

No, no. It's not you. I have a hard time explaining things... I can see it in my head but explaining is another matter. :lol:
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited July 2011
    The other thing you can do to make sure your rabbit holes are showing the name YOU want is to use Object Cloner, make a clone of, say, Llama Memorial Stadium and rename that clone to what ever it is you want it named. Then you package that clone up and install it as custom content in your game. It's a lot of work to go through to make it all appear the way YOU want - and it IS at that point 3rd party CC - so there may be issues with sharing your world with those modified rabbit hole objects for other people.

God Bless,
    mik