Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone as disappointed as I?

Comments

• Options
    BusyBBusyB Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2009
    There are cheats for the sims 3. i got some from snooty sims and i think there are others running around also.
  • Options
    cinrocinro Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think we should start a support group. I like the ease of changing colors of clothing and patterns. That is cool. I miss everything else. I miss my pets, vampires, running a business, and even the way the sims 2 looked. I haven't played much at all. It took me so long to install Sims 3 - I kept getting errors. I finally got it installed and now I feel like I wasted money. I am going to keep playing. Maybe I will fall in love with it. There has to be some redeeming quality I am missing.

What I hope doesn't happen is the inevitable add-ons that EA Games will produce that could have been included in this version. I know we could have had pets. That could have been easy. And I hope the expansion packs don't cost an arm and a leg. If they do, I will honestly cut my losses, sell Sims 3 and get the rest of Sims 2 that I need. I won't give up yet but I am not going to spend a fortune for nothing. I am so disappointed.
  • Options
    MlblangeardMlblangeard Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Where are the pets? My pets are part of my family why aren't they included here? Also I created a family of a young adult brother and young brother, when I went to the relationship tree, sibling was not a choice they are either roommates or father and son? I would also like more instruments and to be able to click from family to family as well as going into the stores, work or school. The graphics are not even close to being as good as I hoped. I have a great videocard and the drivers are up to date, I just wish I felt like playing more since I dropped $50 bucks on it :(
  • Options
    ghiasappifanieghiasappifanie Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2009
    okay. after hearing about the various things i didn't realize at first (i.e. edit town), my only gripe now is . . .

i am relatively certain that future EPs will let us go into the various stores - i was thinking about it this morning and they could make bookstores, movie theaters, spas, etc relatively easily (wasn't there spa stuff in the sims 1? and the massage tables in 2?).

okay, what i'm trying to say is, that i'm only ticked because i think that they released the game as is (bugs aside, i'm sorry to ppl having bug issues!! heaven knows i've had sims kill more than 1 of my computers) for marketing purposes only. to sell future EPs and to get us to buy points for the online store. i think it's crap that i bought the $70 CE for various reasons (i thought that somehow the tips and hints guide was a real guide, and not the tiny pamphlet that it was) and there is less stuff than there could be.

otherwise, i quite like it.

now if only people could search tech and gameplay threads so that there weren't 8,000,000 duplicate threads about everything. :wink:
  • Options
    Noelle1213Noelle1213 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with everything people have said over here. I never got involved with forums before but I had such strong feelings about TS3...looks like I'm not the only one! This post is kinda long and really just for me to be able to talk about this game, since nobody I know is a Sim fan.

I was sooo excited to get this game and within an hour after installing it (and reloading it about 4 times - it keeps crashing) I just totally lost interest. Which is crazy because I am a Sims fanatic. Many enjoyable hours in The Sims 2. (Who am I kidding: months, years...) But the repeated crashing just made me lose interest. I might not even play it again until a patch comes out.

What I dislike:

It's difficult to make Sims look different. Everyone seems to look the same, only thin or heavy.

Build and Buy Mode: Boring.

Time goes by so slow, no matter how good your computer is - that's just how the game is.

The skip thru key doesn't seem to work. I really didn't pay all that money to sit there and read a book at my desk and wait for my Sim to wake the h*ll up.

If you wake them up even a little bit before they are fully rested, they're in a bad mood for hours! Ugh!

What I like:

The idea of the other families growing up and dying outside of my control, but I haven't been able to play the game for more than 10 minutes a pop so that hasn't happened yet.

Customizing all sorts of skin, hair, and eye colors.

Watching the traits in action. Overemotional is a funny one.

Unfortunately that's all I've observed about the game so far since the crashing is just too much to put up with. I hope they put up a patch soon.

Like many of you I loved the Sims 2 and already miss it (took forever to uninstall all those EP's. Why oh why didn't I leave them on there?) But if this game ever does get patched, at least it will be something new and unfamiliar - I'd played The Sims 2 long enough to know how to get any Sim to reach the top career, run a business, etc., so at least this will be a little more...realistic?

• Options
    HlhsrPlayer4HlhsrPlayer4 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To be quite honest i'm quite disappointed! I thought after an extra 4 months of waiting it would be so good but unfortunatly its not, and the 9/10 for Pc world's rating of the sims 3 is undeserved. As a male player i'm not happy about only having about 10 types of clothes on each formal, everyday etc..And no i'm not *** whatever your all thinking! :cry:
  • Options
    brwnsugamama1brwnsugamama1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok so the concept was cool, but it just didnt come off as better than sims2. I mean the detailed on the clothes are just so flat, the people look like bubble people and not as good as in Sims2. I seen some lifelike sims in sims2 that people created, but these sims look like you colored them in a coloring book. The small sampling of makeup, hair styles, and clothes was down right depressing. This game is not user friendly, i cant even get a vacant lot to build on. AND what about moving the screen around, that just went back to being archaic. Can we please use our mouse to move our screens. I think instead of getting something better than sims2, we got a game that is lacking in most areas and is closer to sims 1 than 2.

Agreed..u put it perfectly.
  • Options
    rinarox613rinarox613 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was definitely disappointed. I'm really hoping EA makes patches to fix a lot of the stuff. And its really annoying that I'm going to have to pay another 30 bucks for an expansion pack to make the sims 3 better... but one of the most annoying things is just having to wait FOREVER for my sim to wake up after they've fallen asleep. The fast-forward button is just really slow! Fix it pleeease!
  • Options
    yeddaQuoteyeddaQuote Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2009
    There are tons of opened Sims 3 games being sold on ebay now. Seems like a lot of people are disappointed.
  • Options
    DinoWiz0DinoWiz0 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i completely agree with EVERYTHING fireblade9740 said.

I am so glad that someone felt exactly the same way.

Sims 3 had some good and beautiful changes but some major things are lacking. Did not meet my expectations especially with all the hype around the new Sims 3 game.
  • Options
    AlanKenzoAlanKenzo Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2009
    Here's my two cents:

Alot of people here are disappointed that the sims 3 is not as expansive and lacked alot of what Sims 2 has. Honestly think about it though. How many years has the sims 2 been out and how many expansions did it have. Too many that it took me a long time to uninstall it all so I can get the sims 3 on my PC. I have a high end PC, running a duel core 64 bit processor with N260 Vid cards on Sli, and 4 gigs of ram, not to mention I'm on a comp with Vista 64 (the only thing I hate about my PC). So Sims 3 plays almost perfect on my PC, though it chugs from time to time when too much is happening, a party with 20+ sims.

I do miss messing around with just an empty lot and at times it does feel like this game plays like a console game in some aspects, But they focused on things I really enjoyed about the game. Course I miss my vampires, pets, instruments like the drums and piano and custom content, but how long did the Sims 2 take to get that? and it wasn't like those things were avalible on the sims 2 at launch it took some time. I love the active world and I like that my sims think for themselves for the most part. It annoyed me in the sims 2 that sometimes my sims didn't have the mind to go to the toilet when they needed to and just releaved themselves on the floor, it took you to tell them to go to the bathroom.

The Sims 3 took out alot of the designing aspects that the sims 2 had, which is a bummer. Also there is hardly that much clothing and hairstyles that it's somewhat disappointing, but like I said "How many expansions did Sims 2 have?" As for the sims looking the same and bubbly? as someone stated. I have to disagree, the sims 2 had less features to mess with then Sims 3, infact I have sims I spent hours making that scarily enough look like the people I based them on and all of my friends that were not into the sims before are now playing the sims because of that little bit they brought in on the sims 3. Course I loved the designing aspect of the sims 2, and basically thats all I play the sims 2 for. but now I love the story aspect of it and seeing all my sim families interact without me having to tell them to do things.

In my opinion, The Sims 3 took alot of steps back from what the Sims 2 is in some aspects, but took leaps forward in others which made the game no less enjoyable for me. I can't wait for the expansions.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2009
    What happened to EA's boast that sims would not need to wash eat etc so much . My sims do it more than they ever did in TS2. Ok they maybe take less time to eat the meal but it takes a heck of a lot longer to prepare it .And they way they have worked out relationships is totally messed up .Takes forever to get them serious enough to get engaged but they jump into bed with each other within an hour of meeting .
    I have not even had time yet to try and collect anything or garden . As soon as my sims finish work they need to sleep and then when they finally wake up after sleeping for 12 hours or so they only have time to use the loo , shower and eat before its work time again

The other problems is if you DO play more than one family in a neighbourhood , while you are playing one family you can quite easily find that the other families have left town never to be seen again . I know it has happened to me twice already in one days play .

Last point is what is actually the point of speed 4 in the game . It is the same speed as speed 3 . It says you click it and the game goes at speed 3 until your sims have finished doing what action they are doing at the time . Totally pointless . They may as well just have set speed 3 to do that and not bothered putting speed 4 in .
  • Options
    Ladyavalon1Ladyavalon1 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree so much...i would like 2 knw why we cant go into most of the places...and if this game is so relistic than why do they dissapear into cars and when they eat its there and then all of a sudden its gone. :?:
  • Options
    DinoWiz0DinoWiz0 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am also disappointed with the Sims 3. I have NO IDEA why other people are singing so much praises for the Sims 3 game. Like what member fireblade9740 said, the game has some good and beautiful changes but it is lacking A LOT as well.

Some bad changes are:

1. the gameplay is slow and I'm not just referring to the way the game runs on my computer... When all the Sims in a household are asleep the game jumps into Fast Speed, which in TS2 would move FAST! ... With TS3, it moves so slow that I've fallen asleep waiting for my Sims to wake up!!... the same goes for when all the Sims are at work or school and no one is in the house... all you can do is stare at the building they are in until they're out... that doesnt make sense... if none of your other sims are available it's like a waste of time...

1. I feel that the LOOK of the CARTOONISH GRAPHICS and THE ANIMATIONS in Sims 3 are not as GOOD as the animations and graphics in Sims 2. In Sims 2, the look of the graphics and animations are crystal clear, detailed and fine. In Sims 3, the graphics and animations are CARTOONISH and SIMPLIFIED and remind me of those in the CARTOONISH original Sims 1 series but are only slightly better than Sims 1 series.

FOR EXAMPLE, when a sim is proposing to another sim in the Sims 3 game , the animation and graphics is not as good and clear and detailed as that in Sims 2. That makes a whole lot of difference. I cannot see the facial expression of my sims that CLOSELY and CLEARLY in the Sims 3 game compared to the Sims 2 game. The wedding and birthday party animations in Sims 3 game is not as good as the Sims 2 game.

I read in a Sims 3 article that the Sims development team could not use Sims 2 graphics for Sims 3 because Sims 3 is an open neighbourhood and Sims 2 graphics would cause a lot of lag in a Sims 3 game. Somehow I wished they used Sims 2 graphics for the Sims 3 game

2. i hated the appearance/the look of the Sims characters in Sims 3---again too CARTOONISH. The appearance of the Sims in Sims 2 was MUCH more human-like and MUCH more realistic and MUCH PRETTIER/HANDSOME. Although in Sims 3 there is more flexibility and choice in controlling how your Sims look like (for example, morbidly fat to skeletal thin, different skin colours like red, green, blue which are not available in Sims 2), i wished the Sims development team had incorporated those parameters in the Sims 2 game in the first place.

@!!! Why not stick to the Sims 2 way of grocery shopping where you just buy items and as you eat more things from the fridge, the food items level fall and when you order groceries, you order by any quantity of food items.

4. The variety and style and DESIGNS of the furniture are so PLAIN and BORING. The Sims 2 furniture (e.g. single or double bed or canopy bed) have so much VARIETY in terms of style and design and are SO SO SO much more stylish than the Sims 3 ones. No i cannot wait another 6 months for another expansion pack to release only a few more new designs for each piece of furniture.

5. What is up with the INVENTORY? When you want to sell things you have to drop the item in the Sell it Box in the Inventory. Whereas in Sims 2 you just have to double click the item to sell it !! The Inventory interface is not nice – looking and not user-friendly!

6. There is something wrong with stocking up the fridge For example, I buy 20 tomatoes from the supermarket and they go into my sim’s inventory and when i want to put these tomatoes into the fridge, i have to put each tomato ONE BY ONE into the fridge. This applies to all grocery items ! That takes a LOT of time and is tedious!!!!!

7. Furthermore, the food in the fridge gets bad after some time and you have to keep going to the stupid supermarket and buying groceries. There is NO option to TELEPHONE ORDER groceries or ORDER groceries ONLINE and these options are available in the Sims 2.

8. I miss the interactions (friendly, romantic , mean) from the Sims 2. Even though there are some new interactions in the Sims 3, many Sims 3 interactions and animations are not as DETAILED and NICE as the ones in Sims 2. Why couldn’t the Sims 3 development team just added ALL the Sims 2 interactions and animations into Sims 3? Is it that difficult ???? Sims 2 had sooo many sweet and neat interactions if you had all the expansion packs.

9. Where is the WEDDING ARCH where you are suppose to marry your sims under ????

10. I hate the BUY AND BUILD MODE interface!! I like the TIDIER and NEATER and EASIER and more USER-FRIENDLY BUY-AND-BUILD-MODE interface of the Sims 2 !! In the BUY MODE of the Sims 3 game, you see a picture of a kitchen and click parts of the kitchen to get those items. I DON’T LIKE THAT WAY.

11. I hate that when a Sim wants to get into a car or wants to get on a bike, the sim will disappear magically and appear on the road in a car or on a bike. I would like to see the sim herself walk to the car and open the door and get in or walk to the bicycle, get on top of the bicycle. In the Sims 2, the sim walks to the car, opens the door and gets into the car even though Sims 2 did not have a bicycle.

12. I missed the MEMORIES section of the Sims 2 where the “First time kisses “ “I got a promotion” “my first job” “i got a raise” “my first woohoo” “cockroaches “ “i graduated “ “i got married” “i broke up” “i had a baby” memories were kept. This Memories section helps remind me what had happened in the past of my sim and my sims most special moments.

13. I HATE THE NEW WOOHOO feature on the Sims 3! I liked the Sims 2 one better. The Sims 3 Woohoo animation is just so WITHOUT EMOTION and WAS JUST SOME MOVEMENT UNDER THE BED whereas the Sims2 Woohoo animation feels like a celebration and had fireworks and noises and caressing. What’s with keeping with the Teen rating? Screw the teen rating!

14. There should be more JOB SKILLS SPECIAL opportunites made available to the sim more frequently. There are periods where there aren’t opportunites adn it gets dull.

15. I missed the large variety of jobs that the Sim can do in Sims 2 like dance teacher and all that.

16. I would actually like to SHOP FOR CLOTHES! In Sims 3 you don’t shop for clothes but you can change your outfit using the wardrobe and get any outfit from the wardrobe.

17. In Sims 3 I cannot go into a restaurant and dine there. There is no UNIVERSITY, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Vacations, Hobbies, Apartments but i guess the EA games want to make money so it strips the base game SIMS 3 of all these features so that we have to buy the EXPANSION PACKS to have these features and they can continue making profits out of the SIMS 3 line.

All i can say is “we sims fans have to be very very very patient”

Every time they release a base game Sims 1 Sms 2 or Sims 3, playing the base game enough is not entertaining. You must have the features of those expansion packs to make a Sim’s life realistic and fun and interesting.

18. I miss the characters like Miss Crumple Bottom and some other major Sims human characters from the Sims 2. I miss creature like the Plant Sim. Vampire, WereWolf, Big-Foot, robots, witches etc. I guess they will ONLY APPEAR WITH THE EXPANSION PACKS.

19. Can the EA team make the gameplay such that once your Sim reaches a certain relationship level with another Sim, that other sim can ask you to marry him out of the blue? Then my sim can say yes or no. If my sim/me says no, then there can be an option to allow this sim to propose again the future or not. i hate it that i always have to be the one proposing marriage.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DinoWiz0 i agree with MOST of what you say BUT

if you want to put all your tomatoes etc from your inventory into your fridge , in the top left hand corner of the item picture in your inventory if you have more than one it is curled over. Drag that bit where it is curled onto the fridge and it will put the whole pile into your fridge . You do not have to do it item by item
  • Options
    Elke87Elke87 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DinoWiz0: About the food in the fridge getting bad and you have to buy food. Well you don't really have to go to the store. If you don't go to the store you pay a bit off money everytime you cook. Except for recipes.

I agree with somethings. I do miss the memories too. But I think it's a good game. You just have to give it some time. I've been playing for several days now and I really like it. At first it was a bit strange but not anymore.
    The thing is... we are spoiled! We are used to the sims 2 with all the expansion packs. And personeley the thousands of downloads I had.

I just don't think its fair to write the game off so badly. I mean, come on... give it a chance.

I love the living neighboorhood. I been waiting for that forever. I like it that the people in town get older and just live their live in stead of me having to do everything for them.

My point is: I really like the game and I think you guys should just give it a chance. I've already started downloading new things for the sims 3. And so I will add more hairstyles, clothing and whatever to the game. And I will wait paitently for the patch. Which i'm sure will come...
  • Options
    GarfieldGarfield Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Melyanne wrote:
    I got to say that I am a little disappointed as well, one of my friends got the game before I did and he gave me his copy after trying it because he knows I am a big fan. At first I thought something was wrong with it because there was such a lack of clothes, hairstyles and stuff to put in your house. Now I found out that I seem to have to buy the extra stuff online if I want anything more and I am really annoyed.

I am pretty sure Sims 2 had more stuff on it then this game did on release. Sure it might not have had but it still feel that way. I got pretty much all the Sims 2 expanssion packs and Stuff packs and I knew they would not be able to put everything into Sims 3 since there is so much of it but I had at least thought that they would put in more then what they did.

All I can do now is hope that there sooner or later will come out some more free stuff to download as I am not going near the Online Store.

I was not happy at first when I played the game because of not being able to swap between families and such. It is a pain but once I figured out how to swap households I was feeling a bit better. I am still thinking I like Sims 2 more, which shocks me, maybe as I play longer I will change my mind.

It seems to me TS3 was made more for people who want to design and make stuff. The design a tool is AMAZING, the graphics are PHENOMINAL, having the whole town available is GREAT. Actual play -mmmm- not so sure it is up to the same standard and that is not just because I don't have expansion packs yet. It is not as user friendly to play. You can't rotate the screen with your mouse at least I haven't figured out how to. It is a lot harder to be involved with more that one household. The thing I miss the most, the needs zapper, oh that was nice. But at least motherlode still works.

I was pretty upset when I paid what I felt was a lot of money for a game and there wasn't much content. I understand that there isn't going to be as much as sims 2 with all the expansions but I did expect more. Having to go online to BUY hairstyles and clothes after paying that much, seems a little cheap. I didn't feel like paying more so my sims could have some good hairstyles.
  • Options
    unrealkwunrealkw Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sursion wrote:
    I totally agree. I was playing today and there was a point where I actually wanted to play something else. Not even 24 hours.

The Sims -> The Sims 2 was an upgrade

The Sims 2 -> The Sims 3 was a change

At this point I prefer The Sims 2
    That because Maxis was in of making sims 1-2 but however the sims 3 is different because maxis is not in business any more with EA ya there going to be changes with in sims 3 like some people say not every thing last for ever there will all ways be changes (in videos games I mean).
  • Options
    MaloreeMaloree Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am quite disappointed. I expected so much more.

But you guys, look how early we bought the game. Don't yell at me for being harsh, but we're friggin lab rats. But guys, that's what this section is for.

Developers, I love you. I really do. I wanna be game designers like you. But, like I said, I expected a lot more. Maybe sometime soon you can add this big ol patch that makes up for the rabbit holes and whatnot.

Players, I bet you they're already working on it... they already delayed the release date, so maybe they're just giving us the rough draft. It's our job to peer-edit. It's our job to shove the iron at them so they can iron out the quirks.

Sims are quirks. Every one of them. They're all weird in their own little way. How can we expect the game itself to be different?

Sorry for my rant.

I love you all. <3
  • Options
    digitaldoodlebugdigitaldoodlebug Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    such a nice post maloree :)
    that's all, nice post :D
  • Options
    missamandamissamanda Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am also disappointed with you. While i do love thwe fact that you can see them drive to where they are going i hate the fact that when you make a family and you move them in but then when you want to play a new game your person is in the family bin and it like you never played them at all. i use to love in the TS2 making 2 different sims letting them live near each other and falling in love but here its like you cant do that at all. Oh and if i am wrong please let me know if anyone know how to get around it.

Ditto this. This is the absolute biggest disappointment for me.
  • Options
    sjdeansjdean Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Where are my half walls?
  • Options
    OneBadJulsieOneBadJulsie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm also quite disappointed....and grateful I can still go back to my Sims 2 game. It's just a shame I paid 50 dollars for what I received. I do love that the game loads a million times faster, but the graphics are sincerely lacking and too much content was trimmed out, which I think all of us are feeling. This feels like almost a completely different, watered down version. The little quirky nuances we all loved are gone, and replaced with this weird counter-intuitive interface.

I kind of feel like it's a baited hook to get me to spend more money for content. This is such a basic, empty palette, that am dreading all the money I will end up spending on new content (or will be left wanting to spend) in the great new sims store, to try and make this remotely interesting.

I am totally mourning the neighborhoods...yes, I found the way to switch to the other active household, but its awkward and frustrating. That was the BEST part of the game for me, the shared experiences between all my sims I made in the neighborhood. Its much more difficult to achieve this now. I never in a million years thought they would tinker with that aspect of the game. It kind of feels like they removed a limb off of the game's body.

One last thing....WHY does the time pass so SLOWLY? Has anyone else noticed that? Even in ultra fast mode...It takes forever to suffer through sleeping and work to get to the parts of the game that are any fun!

I digress....
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    My biggest gripe is why even in the best beds does it take so darn long for them to get their energy back up . Then when their energy IS back up why do they insist on sleeping for another 3 or 4 hours .

In TS2 i could always send my sims to bed at 2 am and they would be wide awake and ready to go again between 6 and 8 . Now they are worn out by 10pm and it takes them until 10 am before they finally wake up again . Normally i have to sit there and watch their energy bar filling and then cancel the sleep action when its full otherwise they just sleep and sleep and sleep .

The next gripe is they eat much faster now but TO cancel that out it takes them twice as long to freaking cook the food .

I thought the big boast when they first advertised TS3 was that eating , peeing , washing etc would be virtually removed .

Please in the first EP bring back the snapdragons or something that does the same .
  • Options
    Kuromi1Kuromi1 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the poster above me. That has to be one of the most annoying things. Especially when I play with my teen sim she can only go to school and her part time job because if I don't get her home she'll sleep too late the next morning. Eve on the weekends eating and bathing takes too long and she can't do much before the police come after her for staying out too long.
    At this point I much prefer TS2.