Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with Sims 3 Generations

I've had the following problems since loading the new expansion:

Sims stopped aging at one point even though aging was turned on.

If a child is at boarding school and someone either moves in or out of the home, the child appears randomly and cannot go back to boarding school or regular school.

Sometimes my sims will jump out of an action or take forever to do something.

Items in personal inventories will not sell and I cannot move them out

When using the stroller, my sim constantly takes the baby out and then puts it back in

My sims will earn skills even though they werent trying to. For instance my sim got a gardening skill point from cooking.

Thats all I can think of for now I'm sure im missing a few things. Is anyone else having these problems or other problems? EA is getting on my last nerve. They should be fixing this instead of worrying about another expansion.

Comments

• Options
    NadimeRammalNadimeRammal Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Ive not had any of those problems, but my problem is that i cant find any seeds, gems, rocks or bugs in my game, and i have generations installed, but i can only find fish... do you have this problem? Also is your game patched to the current version?
  • Options
    DorkyFarklepantsDorkyFarklepants Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2011
    Cameras other than the mobile phone causes sim to freeze, need to reset the sim to continue playing. There is no photo as a result.

Family inventory loses objects bought on vacation ie nectar maker and storage items ie nectar racks and storage chests. Personal inventory is fine.

Sending child to boarding school randomly causes problems with the family (I say randomly as the first time posed no problem it was with second attempt at this feature that the family became borked)
    Avatar for family members disappeared leaving blank boxes making members unusable the more attempts at fixing ie save exit, evict save exit etc the worse the problems became including a fire on the lot that didn't exist. Deleted the entire neighbourhood losing 5 generation history of sims. :(

Randomly lose seeds or rocks collected (again not consistant or isolated to any particular sim)

And on a more personal note am sick to death of everything being a memorable event that needs documenting!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ive not had any of those problems, but my problem is that i cant find any seeds, gems, rocks or bugs in my game, and i have generations installed, but i can only find fish... do you have this problem? Also is your game patched to the current version?

Have u checked for seeds beside the dome of the science facility, special seeds regularly show up there under normal circumstances.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yeah i have checked there. It's really irritating me, i've had to delete half of my sims3pack files and half of my package files from my mods folder.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    spewing!
    Im not using mods at this time with sims 3 (did with ts2)
    Did you install and update with mods still ingame? They say that that can really mess things up. :(
    Hope you get the problem sorted without a patch update, I have to wait for EA to fix my assorted probs. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    According to someone, its my graphics card. But I don't see how it is, cause it was working fine before Generations.
  • Options
    nikolefuentenikolefuente Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    It probably is the new expansion's fault. My game worked completely fine until I installed generations and the new patch.
  • Options
    swalkie2000swalkie2000 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Having problems too :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I spent 3 hours on chat to EA to see if they could fix the problem, and they still cant. they've escalated my problem to Tier 3, gotta wait for an email. It's so wierd though, all the bugs, seeds, rocks and gems have vanished, but the fish havent.... I dont know what's up with it... :/
  • Options
    annaangel23annaangel23 Posts: 384 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Umm, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I've lost the option to 'Find New Job' completely. I click on the computer/newspaper, and it just saw find profession. Then, I go to the builidng of the place I want to work, and it either doesn't have an option or it's just professions. This only started happening after I installed Generations, and yes I do have the latest patch. This just started recently happening too, because the father of the people I want to get a job is in the military, so if anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Umm, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I've lost the option to 'Find New Job' completely. I click on the computer/newspaper, and it just saw find profession. Then, I go to the builidng of the place I want to work, and it either doesn't have an option or it's just professions. This only started happening after I installed Generations, and yes I do have the latest patch. This just started recently happening too, because the father of the people I want to get a job is in the military, so if anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated. :)

My problem only started since i installed generations and that patch... I'm sick to death of it now. EA have been no help, well, actually, i take that back. They've helped speed my start up times on my computer, but that's it.
  • Options
    nikolefuentenikolefuente Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    EA is getting on my nerves. Theres so many issues out there that I get the feeling theres nothing that can be done. They need to come out with a new patch or I'm done buying expansions. :evil:
  • Options
    jill1971jill1971 Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    I am so glad that it is not just me that is having problems, my family just totally disappeared in china, lost them, and I worked so hard. I was thinking of taking Generations off completely, but it still might not work grrrr! so frustrated.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jill1971 wrote:
    I am so glad that it is not just me that is having problems, my family just totally disappeared in china, lost them, and I worked so hard. I was thinking of taking Generations off completely, but it still might not work grrrr! so frustrated.

I was told by EA to re-install all my games,. and get rid of my CC as most of it was out before Generations and it was causing my in game items to vanish. I just hope it works.
  • Options
    GermasiaPlayerGermasiaPlayer Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have also had issues with my game since I loaded Generations.

1: My sims will sometimes stop being able to interact with each other on command.

2: Sims faces disappear from the display boxes and then I am unable to play that house.

3: Families have disappeared from the game completely.

4: Imaginary friend dolls don't age after hours (or days) of play.

There are others but I am too irritated to mention them all.
  • Options
    budashley14budashley14 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    ever since i installed the generations pack my sims can no longer interact with each just by clicking on them. i have to make them sit down just so they can talk to each other. And after a certain point with non-household you can't click on them either. I downloaded the lastest patch, about to try again, but is anyone else having this problem?

Forget the all the "memories" :roll: i just want my sims to talk to each other
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    thanks I will try that :-)
  • Options
    CuirisseCuirisse Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I've been spared of a lot of the more crippling glitches, thus far. What I've got are...

1. The stupid excavation thing, still...
    2. Family inventories do not retain items purchased while traveling.
    3. Money earned while traveling seems not to transfer, either. (Left for China w/ ~$5,000. Returned from China with ~$11,000. Sims arrived at home with ~$5,000.)
    4. Adult sims (w/o childish trait) have a strange desire to play Hopscotch and use the water slide. Abnormally so...
    5. Sims tend to get stuck holding toddlers. Nothing I ask him to do will get him to put down that baby. Cancelling the action doesn't work. I must specifically tell him to put down the kid and move on.
    6. On occasion, parents don't pick up children from daycare. I had to reset her to send her home.
    7. Sims taking pictures get stuck. ResetSim works, but the picture never exists and that takes the whole fun out of photography.

All I can say is that I get that the developers are busy with all the expansions. I understand that expansions conflict with each other. (I can only assume that the photography issue is due to the Memories taking snapshots; the comp is probably unsure about where to display the picture.) I get all that. But, at the very least, take out what doesn't work until you have the chance to fix it. Excavations have been broken since shortly after I purchased WA...
  • Options
    twinkledustingtwinkledusting Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2011
    Just an observation on my part. Problems did not start for me with 'Generations' until I sent one of my sims to boarding school. Then a host of problems began to spring up. Example: I did not have vanishing sims or seeds or jumping out of bed (etc) sims until after I sent a sim to boarding school.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2011
    I edit my towns to customize them the way I want and I only place two or three nightspots and they have always been busy. Since installing Generations the clubs are always empty.

I can no longer get town news in the newspaper. A Sim will read the paper and at the most get one item...like the sports score and then puts the paper away.

My Sims will take forever to do something. The baby can be screaming and the Sim will stand in the middle of the room just wiping their nose or doing that back and forth twisting at the waist thing they do. They stand so long I was wondering if they were stuck and needed to be reset....but no....they were just standing there.

These aren't game breakers but until now my game has run wonderfully with no glitches. I have no third party CC or mods.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well I have uninstalled all the sims 3 and re-installed the sims, I hope this will work, apparently this will solve the problem, or so EA support have told me, fingers crossed
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2011
    jill1971 wrote:
    Well I have uninstalled all the sims 3 and re-installed the sims, I hope this will work, apparently this will solve the problem, or so EA support have told me, fingers crossed

Let us know if it works. I've been debating doing this but it consumes an entire evening.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    lissachcklissachck Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am having issues too. I took out all the CC, and now I was going to re-install everything. But...I just moved. Everything is in boxes. I have four of the expansion packs, but can't find my Ambitions. Also, I had Late Night in my drive when I moved, but I don't have the box. I have registered all of them online, so I was hoping there was a way to get all my registration codes and then just download them to make it easier. So far, though, I can't find a way to do that.

IS there a way to do this that anyone knows of? I feel really angry that I just spent money on a game that either crashes, or makes me get rid of all my CC AND have to re-install every single dang game to play!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My issue about the bugs, seeds etc was fixed. it was down to my own stupidity that I never realised that it took a few sim days for the spawners to work... I felt so dumb. I do hope you all get your problems sorted soon!
  • Options
    phillishaphillisha Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Im having problems too. I cannot even launch the game anymore.