Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Game data not found?!

I have Ambitions, Sims 3 and High end Loft stuff installed how can CaW NOT find any game data?
I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling to Docs but that didn't work.
Is there a way to fix this issue?
(also using Vista 64bit system)

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Because it is not updated to the newest update - or at least not updated properly - but it's on EA's end - not yours, so until they fix it - there is not much you can do unless you want to manually uninstall all your Sims 3 and CAW, clean your registry, reinstall, shut off auto updates and manually update but do not add the newest update or Generations and it s update, then install CAW and it will work. The problem is the new update as well as Generations and it's update.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RJ629RJ629 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    so how long until EA makes a new update for CaW getting rid of this issue?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Good question of which I have no answer for. Every other EP it seems they totally break CAW. We have had CAW not work once before -I believe it was with Ambitions over a month waiting to get it fixed - other eps it has been good within 24-48 hours. It seems everytime the Sims team changes leadership CAW gets borked. All we can do is wait.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited June 2011
    That is the question. Can't get in to work on my world because I was stupid enough to think EA could sort this on release of the EP this time. Why do they do this? They know we can't use CAW till they update it.

I want in to modify my own world so I can play Generations, can't even do that.

No world editor is not good, I need to flatten an area
  • Options
    RJ629RJ629 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    ah, alright...

tyvm for the one solution that will work for now btw
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have base game with World Adventures. Updated to version 2.17.2.011037 today and thanks to that now CoW does not work.
  • Options
    Shim24Shim24 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope EA updates CaW soon D:
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I just uninstalled CAW and then downloaded it again, putting my usertooldata file on my desktop to keep my save files. It's working just fine now.
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I just uninstalled CAW and then downloaded it again, putting my usertooldata file on my desktop to keep my save files. It's working just fine now.

Do you have Generations installed?
    Did you JUST download and reinstall CAW?
    Can you use EIG?

I can use CAW but EIG brings up the launcher with the latest update for LN. :)

I haven't updated to Origins though. I don't know if I want to any more. :shock: