Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Um, hello! This is TS3, not TS2.5!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GrammarKingGrammarKing Posts: 2,231 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Sigh.

Question Mark(Period)

Just sick of it all. XD

Oh, haha. I was just giving my .02! Sorry, :P
  • Options
    mikiiskoolmikiiskool Posts: 415
    edited June 2011
    I agree, I think the main sims 2 features ( weather, pets, etc) should have been in the base game. that way they could make totally new ep's without everyone crying for the stuff from sims 2 to return.

(yes I know including all that stuff in the base game would be hard on computers, etc, but pretending it would work fine, thats what I think ;) )
  • Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited June 2011
    Sigh.

Question Mark(Period)

Just sick of it all. XD

Nothing wrong with that, but some people are trying to shove dollars into a coin slot, if ya know what I mean.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sigh.

Question Mark(Period)

Just sick of it all. XD

Nothing wrong with that, but some people are trying to shove dollars into a coin slot, if ya know what I mean.

Niiiiiiice... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SecularTheocracySecularTheocracy Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The whole "Sims 2.5" thing wasn't clever the first time the first person used it, and it's not clever now.

The same game except it looks a little better and has a few different features? Guess what? That's exactly what a sequel is.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The same game except it looks a little better and has a few different features? Guess what? That's exactly what a sequel is.

That's true, but still, a sequel has what's in the original, but with more stuff added. TS3 has more stuff added, but now has to add back all the sequel-features.
    The whole "Sims 2.5" thing wasn't clever the first time the first person used it, and it's not clever now.

Referrin' ya to mah catch-phrase vvv

...Cool story, bro. :wink:
  • Options
    KelMarCosKelMarCos Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2011
    I completely agree with you OP. I am so sick of everyone saying they need 'Open for Business' and 'University' and 'Seasons' and 'Magic' and etc. etc. etc. How about some NEW ideas?? If you want to play open for business- go play the Sims 2. I'll be fine if they expand on the business idea in some fashion for example, but I do not want to buy the same ideas. I loved World Adventures because it was like a vacation EP but added a completely new idea and purpose to it. And ambitions, it added a ton of new careers that you are able with hands on jobs. Pets just sounds ridiculous so far, its basically the sims 2 pets but with horses. I want some creative ideas, its okay if its similar to a past ep but please add new material to make it unique.
  • Options
    enmosleyenmosley Posts: 333 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree with you all they are starting to do every new version is make the sims more human-like and make everything the same. How about new jobs? Ability to do stuff with teens in school like make rumors or even get held back.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited June 2011
    enmosley wrote:
    I agree with you all they are starting to do every new version is make the sims more human-like and make everything the same. How about new jobs? Ability to do stuff with teens in school like make rumors or even get held back.

Oooh! I like the idea of teen rumors and getting held back...even better! :thumbup:
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited June 2011
    There's only so many things you can do in a life simulation. Therefore, some ideas will be reused. I can't think of anything that would be completely new with this being the third game of a series of games that have 8 or so expansion packs. The only non-repeats I can think of are things such as using a different era (as done in Medieval) or fantasy stuff (which wouldn't really fit the realism of the sims).
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Posts: 193 New Member
    edited June 2011
    If Seasons had of been included in the base game I wouldn't care what followed. I'm a weather junkie so that's what I'm waiting on. Magic would be great. I felt like as soon as Apartment Life came out Sims 3 followed immediately. After the seamless neighborhoods, beautiful graphics, and traits were dangled in front of me I left Sims 2. Now I go back to play Seasons but it's just not the same.
  • Options
    GWDoddGWDodd Posts: 945
    edited June 2011
    I agree with the OP (for what it's worth). EA is a business and if they have a forum full of people crying for the same stuff they had in Sims 2, why not give it to them and be guaranteed big sales and profit margins. Saves money developing new ideas. My point? In my opinion it's the Simming community that's the problem because it's the Simming community that's continually spending their hard-earned money. What would happen if Sims 3 sales plummeted? Not only the base game but the expansions and EA Store items? Maybe they would try to develop new stuff, not seen before. Or maybe they would scrap the whole project.
    I know this doesn't make a difference and that nobody cares but I'm doing what I can to send a message by not buying any more expansions and sim points. Besides the gifting withdrawals, my bank account is a little more satisfied.
    Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading and HUGS for a nice, safe weekend!
  • Options
    emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Well if you're not happy with the game then don't buy it, its as simple at that.
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2011
    Let me blunt here I believe the OP and anyone who agrees with the OP are being cynical.

I hate to break it to you but you are asking EA to go the MMO route and in case you all have not realized this is NOT an MMO. EA does not make money off your $15.00 a month they make money off you by selling expansions and offering extra items in the store.

EA will look back on their previous Sims games and find out which sold the most, what people are asking for in Sims 3 and they’ll go with that FIRST. New ideas take more time and more money but if you reuse an idea you cut the time in half and the less money you are going to use. It is actually quite smart on EAs part; give you a redone expansion with less cost and time.

You are assuming that everyone here who is playing Sims 3 has experienced Sims and Sims 2, well I hate to break it to you not everyone has, hell I only played Sims 2 the base game, never experienced a signal expansion pack. So yeah, I am dumping quite a bit of money in to Sims 3 for my entertainment. Do I regret it? Of course, not, I am having fun and could give a rat’s butt if content is being reused because people like me have not previously experienced it.

Just because you or your dozen friends complain this is Sim’s 2.5 there are hundreds of people who just don’t care. EA is not forcing you to play this game, EA is not forcing you to pay for store items or expansion packs, if you do not like it leave or get a job at E.A. and complain to them about it head on.

As I said this NOT an MMO, DEVs on (most) MMOs will listen to their players because their money comes monthly, with this game the money comes in daily, so the chances of a DEV magically appearing, willing to wipe your tears away and make every right as rain, it’s just not going to happen.

I would be surprised if any EA DEV took a second out of their day and glanced at these complaints, because you know what? Complaints are not going to make them loose money but tossing out reused expansions will. In addition, I certainly will be putting down money for ANY expansion in the years to come, your move is to either go with what EA offers or just walk away.

Why do you think EA has been so successful? You think they been successful because every **** complaint coming in gets taking care of ASAP? Of course not, there too busy wondering what they can throw at you to milk the franchise for as long as possible and people will pay it. Think of EA as a brick wall, now run up to it and complain and see what happens, while you are doing that, the brick wall is turning into a multimillion-dollar business.
  • Options
    csmilescsmiles Posts: 85
    edited June 2011
    I have a great idea for the next expansion. How about one where THEY FIX THE FREAKING GAME? There are lots and lots of bugs, glitches, and if they actually fixed any of them in patches, this expansion would be unnessessary. I have played lots of open world and simulation games and one thing they have in common is that they have glitches dependant on platform. However, it seem that EA is fixated on developing new versions of the sims and creating content which you can pay for. They seem to expres little interest is locating and fixing the buggy content already in their product. Most of the problems I had with the sims 3 base game still exist and have not changed. Most of these problems can be addressed with simple patches. For example, how about a slider so you can adjust total city population to lower numbers for older comps? How about a universal reset button so when you have 50 sims stuck waiting for an elevator you can send ALL sims to their reset point without deleting and reinstalling the building? How about generating a recovery point before new patches or expansions install so that when they crash your game, you can return to an operable point without spend a full day trying to uninstall and reinstall then manualy installing patches up to the one which failed? Not difficult and these would solve many of the most common complaints.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited June 2011
    Sims 1 to Sims 2 was more different than what's going on here now. But having thought about it a lot more Sims 3 isn't like Sims 2 and yes while they're re-using ideas and tweaking that into something more different. I'm still annoyed by the people who want the exact from Sims 2 implicated into this game but now I'm confident Ea will change it to make it different and a game all it's own. Ambitions and Open for Business or whatever ep it is, is different from any of those and the people who say they're simply the same are just hunting for the similarities. Look at the vampires, Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 vamps are vastly different from each other. I'm sort of feel now that Sims 3 is now a game on its own just like Sims 2 was a game its own from Sims 1.
  • Options
    beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree with you.
    Look a pets? All their adding is a horse and being able to control the pets.
    Whoopdidoo I should whip out my wallet and spend 40 dollars on a game that barely works -.-
    I'm sure they are adding some other stuff too. Maybe not new animals or something but maybe new interactions? :)
    Generations is just out, so it's kinda normal (in my opinion) that there isnt much information about Pets at the moment.. that's just what i think. :-)
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Can you guys just stop comparing the games there wouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Why is everyone so obsessed with ********* the same EPs!? If in fact there will be 10 EPs, then why waste nearly half of them giving everything back!? It's ridiculous! If you ask me, why not just give us NEW things for a NEW freaking game!? How about the ability to fly or something? The sims is no longer a zany game, it's a strict cut-and-paste/edit-a-tad version of TS2, with a "new feature to grow with neighbors and explore seamlessly". Side note: If it was truly seamless, I could walk my sim for miles away from the town, :\. What do you think? Is EA selling out by making the same games over again, or are we selling out for buying them... AGAIN?

EDIT: I guess reha.shing is a bad word since it has ha.sh in it? IDK.
    Agree 100% :thumbup:
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2011
    Personally I think that EA didn't do too badly with the base game. What I think should have been done is they should have added Limited weather and limited Create a Pet to the Base game as well as one or two types on controllable business. They would have been able to charge more and we wold have bought it anyway. Then in subsequent packs been able to add things that pertained perpetually building upon the things introduced in the base game and giving us more room for new ideas. As an after thought this also includes Free Time. I'll flesh out what saying.

Base Game:

Weather Related: Seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) giving the sectioned out times of the year. Light dusting of snow, some wind, some rain, sunny days, amber colored light and falling leaves (raking, burning, composting, playing in piles). outerwear clothing. Thats it for this pack

Pets: Dogs, Cats & Fish, Pet Job - security, traits, create a pet, limited training and behaviors

OF Businesses: Restaurant & Spa (Controllable not rabbit hole)

Hobby - Fishing, Gardening, Tinkering, Guitar, Piano, Reading, Gaming, Painting, cooking, collecting

World Adventure

Weather Related: Temperature, Heating and AC, Windstorms & Sandstorms (Egypt only), Heat stroke & tanning and burning, Swimming in ocean

Pets: Rideable Camels (Egypt), Pandas out and about in china just walking, Dogs can be taken on vacation, introduce cat and dog breeds from china Asian and France. Introduce hunting

Of Businesses: Building on Restaurants from Base restaurants Chinese, French and Egyptian restaurants, New business the Market/Grocery. Hotel (doesn't have to be controllable just have the features from Sims 2 rather than the hostels. Bookstore

Hobby- Birdwatching, Weaving,

Ambitions

Weather - WA had extremes in summer how about extremes in Spring. Hail, Thunderstorm & lightning, lightning rods, being struck by lightning, seasonal growing season. Conservatories and Green houses, Garden clubs

Pets: Amphibians & lizards pet, Pet job - Service. Introduce a few more dog and cat breeds including the Dalmatian and the hound breeds

Of Businesses: Flower Shops, Clothing stores, electronic shops, the tattoos and fashion stuff can be add ons to the spa or stand alone parlors

Hobby - Auto repair, sculpting, flower arranging

Late Night

Weather: Extreme winter conditions, snowstorms, winter activities, ski lodges in the wooded areas, ice skating

Pets: Horses, Equestrian stables, Pet Job - Fame, Caged song birds birds and parrots, feeding pigeons Introduce more toy breeds.

Businesses: The Night Clubs and Bars

Hobby - Winter sports, Horseback riding, iceskating, movies & Tv watching

Generations

Weather: By the time we get here weather is done everyone happy

Pets: Introduce a few more breeds, more commands, Best in show competitions. Pets just need a few interaction per pack to pertain to themes in subsequent packs but otherwise finished

Businesses: Toy store, Candy Store, Ice Cream shop. pretty much done here too. Maybe a coffee house with an open mic for singing and refrigerated cases with cakes, pies and other desserts

By the fifth pack which would have been Pets we could have College or something all together new.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    @redrogue, you're basically describing the Sims 2 in a Sims 3 skin; hence why the OP is so exasperated. Let's face it, people have been whining that the Sims 3 isn't the Sims 2 from day one of its release. You'd think that they hadn't bothered to read the reviews and done their research before buying the game, wouldn't you? Oh wait...most people didn't. They were so enamoured of the new and shiny that they automatically blasted anyone who *wasn't* on the bandwagon and declaring that The Sims 3 was going to be The Best Sims Game Evah!

And then they buy it and immediately start wailing about how they didn't get pets, weather and all the features that they were used to having in The Sims 2 because they *weren't included in the base game*. They, of course, overlooked the fact that the game had cars, gardening, fishing, and collecting.

I guess people forget the Creator's Camp that EA held back in January 2009, a month before the Sims 3 was originally scheduled to be released (February 15, 2009, to be exact). When the creators were allowed to play the game, they found significant bugs and so EA decided to delay the game's release until June 2009. The fans were *furiuos*. I was on The Sims 2 BBS at the time, and those rant posts were *everywhere*.

Do you know what would have happened if The Sims 3 had come with the limited weather and pet options you recommended? There'd be tons of complaints because the fans would have accused EA of doing it half-baked and incomplete, and how EA should have included this pet or that pet, or livestock, and also how they should have included this weather feature or that weather feature. And let's not forget those whose computers would not have even been able to run the thing because The Sims 3 requires more oomph from the player's computer.

And you just proved te Original Posters point, since just about *every* suggestion you made includes a remake of a Sims 2 expansion pack and its interactions.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2011
    You kids simply don't make any sense. The SIMS is a LIFE SIMULATOR game. Are weather,pets and college of apart of life? While I was never big fan of Pets or University, these things should have made it into the base game and for them to not have been was and still is, totally ridiculous.
    How can you really complain about people wanting what they probably feel are features that should have been in the base game in the first place, or at least one of the first few EPs?

Once they put these basic things into the game I'm sure people would be much more open to new ideas.

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2011
    Isn't the Sims 3 a prequel of the Sims 2?

ONLY in the sense of the background stories that apply to the pre-made sims that live in the town they gave with the basegame.

NOT as to features/abilities/interactions etc.,

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    EvilJasonEvilJason Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have NO problem with EA re-******* EP's, They were enjoyable enough in The Sims 2 and the Sims... hey need to expand the ideas within those EP's however, not limit them.

EA currently seems to be content giving us BASICALLY what we had before for EP's without expanding what we had before.

The Sims 3 has the major advantage to the players over the previous 2 incarnations of the game, an open world. This feature is probably 99% of why I even got The Sims 3 to begin with.