Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding school bug

I can't be the only one experiencing this...

...but if someone moves out of the house, like an older brother got married and moved in with his spouse, all the children that were in boarding school, suddenly spawn outside of the house, with their education saying 'enrolled in boarding school'. They can't go back in, and they can't be removed. So they kind of have nothing to do until they become adults.

s:

Comments

• Options
    HideakiHideaki Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2011
    bump? :(
  • Options
    xxdizzygoogirlxxxxdizzygoogirlxx Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    This happened to my kid too!!
  • Options
    RaychulseeRaychulsee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Having the same problem
  • Options
    dollarbillsyalldollarbillsyall Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I haven't tried the daycare thing, cause i didn't know it existed. How do I get someone a daycare job on Sunset Vally [2nd version] and also is there a way I can change lots to jobs. because it's not letting me do it with the movie thing
  • Options
    waterwolfwaterwolf Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm having the same problem. I don't think the car that is supposed to take the Sim kid ever showed up.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Did you try to reset sim cheat? The cheat may take them out of boarding school though.
  • Options
    kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you have the Overwatch mod? The same thing happened to my sim child when they went to boarding school, once I turned the lost sim setting to false it did not do it anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I saved up a copy of the game for 'testing.

I tried to play one 'saved' game on which I would finish up all the tasks the child had pending and a cab finally showed up and took the kid away.

I did try to play it without finishing in the same original save and the car did show up as well eventually.

I am not sure what changed or if it does take half a week for the car to show up.
  • Options
    AlanShoreAlanShore Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2011
    Kick out the brother who got married along with all the kids who should be in bordering school using the "move" option on the computer then have the wife invite him to move back in. Or, use Master Controller to move him back in. Then switch to the correct lot (the parents) and move the kids back in as well. Then you have to enroll them in boarding school again. (But they will finally be reset properly)

(In One Household) Moving + Boarding School = Really Glitchy
  • Options
    NMATHEWS79NMATHEWS79 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2011
    I CANT BRING MY KIDS HOME OR THEY WONT GO BACK TO BOARDING SCHOOL AND THEY JUST STAY AROUND THE HOUSE ALL DAY
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2011
    Im having the same problem! i sent a kid to boarding school and he didnt leave but under the work tab it said he was i tried aging him up to a teen but that didnt help so he just plays pranks all day lol. Seriously though its annoying!
  • Options
    CountryGirlOKCountryGirlOK Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I've had this problem too
  • Options
    MarisatjuhMarisatjuh Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have the same problem. I can control my teens, but I didn't want them to be back. They are still in their teenage years and one of them is even back in normal highschool.
    I hope they can fix this bug
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do any of you have mods or cc installed in your game? If so what mods?

I will test this on my game shortly but so far, I havnt run into that issue..
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In my case there are no mods. Have the people who have experienced this bug waited at least an in-game week?

It shouldn't (not more than next morning) and we're used to things happening very quickly in the game. Perhaps this one just takes longer.
  • Options
    birgvelbirgvel Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Having the same problem..! And I have no mods. Every teen I've enrolled in boarding school always pops up in front of the house two days before they grow up. And none of them gradute. :(
  • Options
    Les7284Les7284 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have the same thing happen to my sims. I can enroll them in boarding school and the car picks them up, takes them away, and their face is grayed out. The following day, they're spawned back home and they never go back to school. They age, but they can't go to regular school because they are supposed to be in boarding school, and they never graduate. The weird thing is, they are still invited to prom.

*I don't have any mods installed but I do have some custom content.
  • Options
    SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited June 2011
    I didn't have any issues with the boarding school until I reset my game. Came back and they were both outside the house, and one of them was morphed all funny looking. Reset three times now and it still happens.
  • Options
    dandyme22dandyme22 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys,

I had the same problem. But I think I figured out a fix: I got so fed up at one point trying to get the kid back in boarding school, that I typed in the 'moveobjects on' cheat (hold ctrl + shift + C down to bring up the cheat box) and deleted him. Apparently it fixed it, because as soon as I did it it showed that he was in school. Hopefully this will work for you, too. Be sure to turn off the cheat ('moveobjects off') afterwards.

And *yes*, he graduated just fine afterwards and came back without any glitches or problems!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ResseResse Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2011
    dandyme22 wrote:
    Hey guys,

I had the same problem. But I think I figured out a fix: I got so fed up at one point trying to get the kid back in boarding school, that I typed in the 'moveobjects on' cheat (hold ctrl + alt + delete down to bring up the cheat box) and deleted him. Apparently it fixed it, because as soon as I did it it showed that he was in school. Hopefully this will work for you, too. Be sure to turn off the cheat ('moveobjects off') afterwards.

Dud he graduate yet on your file?
  • Options
    reiayuyreiayuy Posts: 206 New Member
    edited June 2011
    dandyme22 wrote:
    Hey guys,

I had the same problem. But I think I figured out a fix: I got so fed up at one point trying to get the kid back in boarding school, that I typed in the 'moveobjects on' cheat (hold ctrl + alt + delete down to bring up the cheat box) and deleted him. Apparently it fixed it, because as soon as I did it it showed that he was in school. Hopefully this will work for you, too. Be sure to turn off the cheat ('moveobjects off') afterwards.

I can confirm that this works! The car didn't even turn up to take the kids to boarding school, so I was at a loss. Did moveobjects and they were in boarding school where they belong. Thanks so much dandyme22! :D
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2011
    It happened to me! BUT it was two days away from prom and the kid was about to age up.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have no mods and have had this problem
    they returned 3 days before aging up they were both grade A students.
    they did not graduate yet they both got automatic genius traits.

the first day they got into trouble with their parents for skipping school and the next two days they just sat at home doing nothing.

now i have the bigger problem trying to get them a job
    they can only take jobs that are profession (firefighter, investigater, ghosthunter etc)
    the career and self emoloyed jobs are not an option for them.
    please tell me this is a glitch because if it is going to limit their job options sending them to boarding school - why should we bother!!!
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Options
    Cece1297Cece1297 Posts: 61
    edited June 2011
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    Do any of you have mods or cc installed in your game? If so what mods?

I will test this on my game shortly but so far, I havnt run into that issue..

i haven't run into that issue either, but i have no cc installed or any mods.
  • Options
    OzTopherOzTopher Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2011
    This just happened to me where my teen suddenly appeared when he should have been at LeFromage Art School.

I used the moveobjects suggestion above to send him back but just found the "Remove From Boarding School..." option under the "More" item in either parents mobile phone actions. I dont have a landline in my house but i presume its available there as well.

Has anyone tried the remove from boarding school option on a sim that returned early? Im guessing we would need to do this before the sim ages up so we can get them to live a normal life with a job or profession. I will try it on the next sim this happens to instead of moveobjects.