Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories: Annoying as hell?

I noticed that almost everything my sim does, gets automatically added to their memories with a terrible screenshot...

Does anyone else find it really irritating? I wish you could disable automatic memories... :oops:

Comments

• Options
    amorvidaamorvida Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree.

My sim pee'd her pants and got one lol. you get hundreds
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited June 2011
    In the Options there is an option to turn it off. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

They still gain memories but the Fly-Up Window will not Fly Up anymore. And you can edit/delete them at your leisure, as I do :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited June 2011
    I thought they had the oprion to turn them off in the game settings . but seeing as i do not have it yet maybe i read it wrong
  • Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Ah yeah I saw that, but I still with their memories wouldn't fill up with so much 'rubbish'. :?

They get so many, it's a bit annoying to be deleting them instead of playing.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just delete them every few sim days. That and you can always edit the weird automatic ones. I had to do that with one because I found it weird that Ashton was excited over woohooing a celebrity when she happened to be his wife...That one is actually in my studio, I liked my new description for it.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just upload them so I can get the download stuff for doing so, and I delete the silly ones. Like Burnt Food. Gawd I hate you burnt food memory.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh we can turn them off? YAY. They are very annoying!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    I just upload them so I can get the download stuff for doing so, and I delete the silly ones. Like Burnt Food. Gawd I hate you burnt food memory.

Oh no! Even for burning food!? :cry:
  • Options
    MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited June 2011
    aghh simmers :O lol .. u were all hyped up when they brought back memories .. and now u all hate it ? haha
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited June 2011
    Lol, yeah - people wanted them, but it's typical of EA to get it wrong somehow!

I am looking forward to trying out the new features when I can, but from the sounds of it I will be glad to be able to delete a few memories! I hope they don't cause problems in the game if you end up with huge amounts.

Does anyone know if sims you are not playing gain memories? Like, if you switched to another family, would they have memories from when you weren't playing them?
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited June 2011
    I remember how people were talking bad about the sims 2 memory system. :lol: I really like ts2 memory system but from what I heard is that ts3 memory is system is very bloated and unnecessary and I bet that ts2 memory system is much better. XD Well anyways, the up side is that I heard that y'all get rewards and stuff. lol
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ugh... so annoying... I have 3 toddlers in my main household and 5 sims teen and up. Every single time one of the 5 older sims picks up a toddler for the "first time" I get a memory. Due to game issues I've gone though this 3 times. :x

I didn't realize we could turn them off....so doing that now. I like the more important memories...but the stupid little ones are annoying.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2011
    x_Kinomi_x wrote:
    I noticed that almost everything my sim does, gets automatically added to their memories with a terrible screenshot...

Does anyone else find it really irritating? I wish you could disable automatic memories... :oops:

I agree, I mean I like having the ability to look back on my sims life as in ts2, but the screen shots do stink! And my sim got a memory for cuddling the same child 2 different times... :?
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited June 2011
    I like this system better than the sims 2 one because we can actually DELETE them. So it's not like scrolling through 50 "burnt the food" memories before you find the good ones. They can have up to 300 in their scrapbook. So a lot of them I'll leave for a few sim days and then delete them. Because really? Would you actually remember every promotion or every time you kissed someone? So I just make it like short term and long term memory. I wish we could edit the screenshots though....
  • Options
    xxaznztarxxxxaznztarxx Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2011
    I rather they have nice icons like in the sims 2 than automatically take ugly pics =__=
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited June 2011
    What i think happened is so many people requested the return of Memories, that EA ended up over doing it in the last patch. Mabie they will tidy things up in the future. I would much rather see a cute drawing for memories rather than a hastily taken game picture.
  • Options
    Hello_simmy10Hello_simmy10 Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually starting to hate them myself! One sim will be invited to a party and for some reason every single sim in my household will get the memory that theyve been invited to a party. U
  • Options
    Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2011
    I like the memories thing, I just don't want it popping up in my face every three seconds. I went into options and turned it off within 5 minutes of starting my game - it was that irritating. I don't mind so much that they have the memories. I just don't want them popping up on my screen every 2 seconds. I go through and delete them too.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited June 2011
    I strongly feel EA overkilled the Memories. However with the option to turn them off & delete them, I feel okay with the system.

Perhaps if they toned it down a little? idk.. knowing the memory of burning food can be funny to some. Clutter to others.

Perhaps the delete method of a bundle at a time, rather than ONE at a time would be nice. (like crap in inventory, moving stuff ONE at a time, etc) hint hint

:thumbup:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited June 2011
    I delete them after they go to bed, keeping the ones I want, but I have yet to manage 8 sims. That would be too much work. I'd probably just leave them. :P

I imagine after a while I will just ignore them altogether.. :lol:
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RisikaFoxRisikaFox Posts: 220 New Member
    edited June 2011
    They did go overboard a bit with the memories, but the fact that you can make your own makes it all better, in my opinion. When my Sims next have a child, I'm going to make a proper photo album for them, and then weep over it when they start getting old. xD

I must have missed the option to turn off the notices though, haha.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2011
    RisikaFox wrote:
    They did go overboard a bit with the memories, but the fact that you can make your own makes it all better, in my opinion. When my Sims next have a child, I'm going to make a proper photo album for them, and then weep over it when they start getting old. xD

I must have missed the option to turn off the notices though, haha.

Me too. I can't find it.

Edit: Nvm, found it. I quite like the memories, but I don't want to be flash popped every 5 mins while it tells me one of my sims fixed a toilet.
  • Options
    violasrock95violasrock95 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad we have the concept of memories now, but I do find some to be exetremly pointless. Another person on an earlier page mentioned short term and long term memories.

That could be an cool idea. Three categories; Everyday, memorable, and life-changing.

So the Everyday ones (fixing a toilet) vanish automatically after two or three days, memorable ones (promotion, asking someone for the first time on a date) vanish automatically. after week or two. And then the lifetime ones (first kiss, maxing a skill, having a kid) last forever.

And then maybe an option to change what you view is long or short term.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad we have the concept of memories now, but I do find some to be exetremly pointless. Another person on an earlier page mentioned short term and long term memories.

That could be an cool idea. Three categories; Everyday, memorable, and life-changing.

So the Everyday ones (fixing a toilet) vanish automatically after two or three days, memorable ones (promotion, asking someone for the first time on a date) vanish automatically. after week or two. And then the lifetime ones (first kiss, maxing a skill, having a kid) last forever.

I love this! That would be perfect in my opinion. :-)
  • Options
    violasrock95violasrock95 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited June 2011
    x_Kinomi_x wrote:

I love this! That would be perfect in my opinion. :-)

Exactly! I'm fine with going and deleting, but if it happened automatically that would be so much better!