Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aussie Got Gen??

Comments

• Options
    tylinntylinn Posts: 620 New Member
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    my email is jacqpinks@yahoo.com.au

Thanks! i'll Email you once I get an answer.
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited May 2011
    thanx heaps will be waiting eagerly for that email lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    @midnightpearl if u get the game 2morrow text me ok lol I will text you when I get my game if u like lol

Jac, I probably won't get Gen tomorrow, so I think you've got my mobile number, I think I've lost yours, or it's somewhere Lol!, but text me and we'll meet in RL, ok:)
  • Options
    Linsiminaus07Linsiminaus07 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm in Brisbane, and didn't know any of this!lol, glad you were able to find a copy jacqpinks. I was planning to go tomorrow, but will phone first. I was downloading from the EA store for last few releases of Ambitions etc, but wanna go back to using the disc. Too much to download if something on computer or back up disc (yep, back up hard drive got damaged too!) all better now, but will get discs from now on.
    I have a competition to finish soon too, so hoping to get 'Generations' before I have to submit. Happy Simming Everyone! : D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    my email is jacqpinks@yahoo.com.au

um.. you could get into alot of strife with EA by posting your email address on the forums, just a mere warning:)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    if any one can post a receipt and a pic of the game others should be able to get the game also will offer something big in store as a gift lol

Thanx for the heads up Midnight pearl have edited email out now, and have sent u a text
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    thanks for the text Jac:)and goodluck:)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jac, just logged onto Facebook under Matillia Purplina, I'm on now if ya wanna chat, cheers:)
  • Options
    Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2011
    I went into EB Games today to pay for my copy - they said they have it out back but can't release it until Thursday or they'll get in trouble :(

The last few EA Sims releases have had some issues with early release in Australia so it doesn't surprise me that they're being fairly strict. That being said, the embargo is designed to not disadvantage one retailer over another.

That all goes out the window if someone starts selling the game early. I suspect that there is some sort of penalty for the chain that breaks the "Street Date" embargo and EB Games has done this a bit. I got both Late Night and Sims Medieval this way. There was also an issue with distribution on Sims Medieval which saw a bit of fuss in Australia.

Even the guys who normally will waver seem quite certain this time so if someone has broken ranks it probably isn't going to go down well.

That being said, we're the consumers and if the evidence is out there game on, just remember that it's better to inform the chain's head office rather then go after the local guys as they'll probably still have to talk to HQ before selling it.

Just my 2 cents.

J.

PS: And post here of course because, as much as I may support the process I'll be right in line behind you if I can get it early. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jaelk01 I totally understand that but someone has already broken street date I just think we all should get it now someone has got it :o(

midnightpearl heading there now

check out reward http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacqpinks/144841235527464
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2011
    I drove to my local EB games store hoping the guy will just sell me the game (since Im probably like the only person in the area who buys sims games) and nothing :(....FAIL

guess I'll be going back on thursday
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I drove to my local EB games store hoping the guy will just sell me the game (since Im probably like the only person in the area who buys sims games) and nothing :(....FAIL

guess I'll be going back on thursday

well glad u tried this is just stinky ***** lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited May 2011
    No offense Australian simmers but if you've gotten some early this may be well not karma but whatever it is you may be getting it later to even things out :p lol don't hate me cuz i'm not getting mine until later this week probably the weekend. :D Hope you do get a copy earlier then wednesday atleast.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Adelaide is too strict when it comes to Sims games, and they don't care about us simmers wanting the game so much, so they make is so hard for us to get it, that's just not fair!:(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    No offense Australian simmers but if you've gotten some early this may be well not karma but whatever it is you may be getting it later to even things out :p lol don't hate me cuz i'm not getting mine until later this week probably the weekend. :D Hope you do get a copy earlier then wednesday atleast.

But I don't believe in karma just let me have it now lol

If anyone shows proof of purchase I can show EA and we can get the game
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    BGateGWayB wrote:

But I don't believe in karma just let me have it now lol

If anyone shows proof of purchase I can show EA and we can get the game
    Well, I ordered it online sunday but I won't get it until later this week... the credit card statement online says i've purchased it...? Or an actual receipt?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Jaelk01 I totally understand that but someone has already broken street date I just think we all should get it now someone has got it :o(

midnightpearl heading there now

check out reward http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacqpinks/144841235527464

I'm sure it would be beneficial to pass on the info to EB Game HQ if you can find some evidence. I can pick my pre-order up tomorrow which would fit into my plans quite nicely. :)

J.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I totally understand
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    lillyaustinlillyaustin Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm thinking we may get the digital download tomorrow cause I went back through my emails from EA when the games were available for download and here's when I received them: (Brisbane time)

Late Night - October 27th, 2010 at 8:01am (wasn't due for release until October 28th)
    Ambitions - May 31st, 2010 at 9:08am (wasn't due for release until June 3rd)

The other stuff and expansion packs I brought after the release date. So I'm thinking EA might release the download tomorrow morning, like they did with Late Night. At least I'm hoping so.

And the EB near me (and Big W) won't release it until Thursday either.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'd rather have disc version that digital download, but everyone will have a choice to make whichever it pleases them, so we may have to wait until Thursday!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    lillyaustin thanx for that info, I don't do digital downloads but thanx anyways

yeah it looks like they are being tight even though they have sold the game here we need proof that it has been sold to get our hands on it from other stores and when that happens it won't be from EB games I can tell you that :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Rmk375 is an Aussie and she has registered her game check out her Simpage :o) am so jealous
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    mcrashleemcrashlee Posts: 2,871 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I always get my games from Big W, & it's very, very unlikely that they would start selling the game early. :L
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Rmk375 is an Aussie and she has registered her game check out her Simpage :o) am so jealous

In Brisbane too no less. Grats to her!

J.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yeah how sad is that eb games head office know that they have broken street date but are trying to keep it quiet and won't sell it anywhere else :o( I think it is wrong
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims