Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not very happy that people got generations early

Comments

• Options
    Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    If it makes you feel better think of it this way, when a expansion pack is released and is avalable in stores it's loaded with bugs and glitchs and generaly it takes a few weeks to a month before you start seeing patchs to fix them, the differance between us and them? They have a few extra days or a week longer that they have to deal with the problems. Given the choice I'd rather wait longer to get the pack and have less of a wait to get patchs to fix it.

Given the number of issues that don't seem to have been fixed from Late Night, I'm hoping that the few days will be enough for the authors of the stability mods (Overwatch et.al.) to get their code re-engineered for the new release, that way I may actually be able to play the game when it's released and "patched". ;)

J.
  • Options
    eliveliv Posts: 104 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I prefer it this way. That way i know if it's worth buying by other peoples opinion on it.

it's 5:00pm 17 more hours until Generations is released on Guam. Yay!
    Druscylla wrote:
    What REALLY isn't fair is that they sent the wrong part for my air conditioner and I am sitting here in 80 degree heat in Colorado, while other people can totally go outside and get in a swimming pool. Curse you unfair life.

Gosh. I sit in 80 degree heat and humidity everyday. What really is unfair is people judging parents who believe their private lives is none of anyones business but their own. If parents don't want to tell the world the kids' gender then so be it it's not my or anyone else's business to know the kids gender.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2011
    It is the way life is. I am one of the extremely unlucky people in life. Most bad happens to me and my family and very little good. It is just the way things are. Can't change it, so why let it bother you.

I could have been on here complaining all weekend. My game has been sitting in a ups warehouse less than 19 minutes away. It has been there since 12:39pm on friday afternoon. Sure it is annoying and I would have loved to have played it all weekend.

But it didn't work out that way. So I checked out videos and pictures and stories. I started planning out new lots in my head. And more importantly, I hung out with my real life family. We went out to a movie and had dinner. To me, that is much more important than a video game. There are a lot of things that you can do, rather than waste the time and energy complaining or being miserable.

edit: fixed typo.
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2011
    In Australia we got Late Night a couple of days early. Sure I initially felt dejected about history not repeating itself with Generations, but really getting sims games early is overrated especially for those of us who use custom content. And as already said, the wait for another patch will be shorter for those of us who get the game later. :)
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm just happy the people who are lucky enough to get it early, answer our questions :D
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited May 2011
    Not sure why anyone is bothering to make such a fuss about it. The exact same thing happened last year with Ambitions, same holiday weekend and everything.
  • Options
    Curtis090Curtis090 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I don't think its fair that people got sent generations early. when they have it posted for the 31st. So I have to wait, why others are playing the game :x

I can smell the jealousy from here.
  • Options
    Anghara130Anghara130 Posts: 233 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Here in the UK it's not out until Friday June 3rd, so to all those little darlings picking the game up tomorrow in the US etc. It's not fair!! You get it first!!!

Oh! Hello swings and roundabouts!

I remain firmly convinced however that I win in the long run, as no doubt by the time I get the game the wonderful people who bring out mods and fix the bugs EA seem impervious to will have issued updates, or be closer to updating and I will be able to update and play as normal! No bugs, no glitches. Just peaceful simming.....

Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway!
  • Options
    simisimmosimisimmo Posts: 70 New Member
    edited May 2011
    If you want, we can go loot their houses and take their games :twisted:
    JK, but C'est la vie (such is life in french). Just keep rolling with the punches.
  • Options
    PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2011
    simisimmo wrote:
    If you want, we can go loot their houses and take their games :twisted:
    JK, but C'est la vie (such is life in french). Just keep rolling with the punches.
    LOL nice one. and SO true thanks. Yeah im a little bit jealous but ill get mine on tuesday and enjoy it!<exciment not yelling(just so people know)knowing ill get it on tuesday overides the jealousy bit. but still a teensy bit jealous but thats life.
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited May 2011
    Seriously?! Selfish much, good for them if they are lucky enough to get it early.

Agreed, I can understand jealousy but thats plain selfish. I'm excited when other simmers get it and take the opportunity to answer questions for ppl.

Plus its not like you won't be getting it.. it is coming out soon.

Relax & worry about other things in life then being envious that people got a game early. Maybe go do some homework.. You can't be older than 12 y/o.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2011
    Big deal. I live in the UK where it doesn't come out until Friday. All of America gets it early in comparison to the rest of the world, it's the same with movies, dubbed anime, DVDs... etc. The only time somebody gets something before America is the UK if the game/whatever was produced there (a very rare thing) or Japan and even then we still come after you guys, in other words stop complaining because when you take into consideration everybody else's release dates, you're a lot better off than us /rant - besides, I thought the whole point of preordering was to get it first. i.e. early. That's what happens here; I preorder from GAME and I get it 1-2 days earlier than the release date, hence the incentive to preorder.

Plus; there been some absolutely horrific storms in America recently. I'd say that should be more important than whining like a little child just because you weren't the first to get a video game.

Edit: Sorry to everybody else. I actually stopped caring about the UKs release dates since I've been so used to getting screwed over by the majority of game developers *cough*squareenix*cough*, I just wanted to point out to her that regardless of whether people got it early or not, she'll still have it before I ever will.
  • Options
    mrteal1123mrteal1123 Posts: 43
    edited May 2011
    play xbox for a few days i got the game early and its not what u think it is
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I don't care if it comes to people a day or two early. I have to work on the holiday, so I will be busy. I will be driving to Gamestop early tomorrow morning so I can enjoy the game a little bit before work in the afternoon. Life sure does get in the way of my simming!! :lol:
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    mrteal1123mrteal1123 Posts: 43
    edited May 2011
    another idea and i DO NOT!! recommend this try finding a torrent i know people who do this but they say its free but if its something like sims it could boost your internet bill a little
  • Options
    AmandralynnAmandralynn Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2011
    Its the 30th, and I just went to all my local stores and it wasn't out on the stands yet. My brothers girlfriend told me its set for release on May 31st, and she can't sell it to me because they'd get a fine. I thought the release day was the 30th. Thats what it says on the home page. Or am I crazy? I went to every store in this town and no luck. Figures. Tomorrow i work a awesome (sarcasam) long shift of 8 am to 8 pm. There will be no simming for me for a couple days I guess. Anyone else not being able to buy on the 30th?
    drakefamilynewsig.png
  • Options
    Curtis090Curtis090 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited May 2011
    mrteal1123 wrote:
    another idea and i DO NOT!! recommend this try finding a torrent i know people who do this but they say its free but if its something like sims it could boost your internet bill a little

I'd delete that reply if I were you.

Say hello to a fresh ban.
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited May 2011
    I say CONGRATULATIONS to the people who have gotten it early and shared some of the things in Generations with us, it really gives me insight into what the game is actually about, from a Simmer themselves, which is more valuable to me and insightful than a review from a gaming magazine.

Besides, I get the game tomorrow, it's only 1 more day.
  • Options
    keisalakeisala Posts: 56
    edited May 2011
    The people who got it early still have to wait until the 31st to get the game day patch, so they have mucho bugs anyway
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited May 2011
    mrteal1123 wrote:

You may wanna rephrase your wording they can/will ban you for pointing out other options. ^Like those on a website^
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited May 2011
    keisala wrote:
    The people who got it early still have to wait until the 31st to get the game day patch, so they have mucho bugs anyway

Haven't seen any yet:wink:
  • Options
    sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited May 2011
    Okay you want to know what I think about this post? Its real selfish. People who got the game early are real close to the factory or just ended up with thier game early its just how it goes sometimes. I was upset for a while to but I got over it because I knew I was being selfish you just gotta think I will have my game in no time:)
    and about the people who post stuff those are requests from others ;)
  • Options
    sims2nightyfansims2nightyfan Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited May 2011
    Its the 30th, and I just went to all my local stores and it wasn't out on the stands yet. My brothers girlfriend told me its set for release on May 31st, and she can't sell it to me because they'd get a fine. I thought the release day was the 30th. Thats what it says on the home page. Or am I crazy? I went to every store in this town and no luck. Figures. Tomorrow i work a awesome (sarcasam) long shift of 8 am to 8 pm. There will be no simming for me for a couple days I guess. Anyone else not being able to buy on the 30th?
    It says the 31st not the 30th
  • Options
    lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited May 2011
    They preordered and it was shipped with the intention of arriving on release day. Lucky them that they got it early. It's better than them not getting it until after the 31st.

I don't think it's a big deal. My game will be here tomorrow, so it's not like I've lost anything by this handful of people receiving their copy three days early.

As for spoilers, I don't read the threads that have tons of pictures/videos on them. I want to experience the game for myself when it arrives. :)
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • Options
    lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited May 2011

It's the 31st. The "5.30.2011" on the homepage is the expiration date for the preorder deal. :)
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.