Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play-N-Picture Assignment 2! Perfectly Flawed by Otep JUDGES TIME TO SCORE!

Comments

• Options
    xtine1012xtine1012 Posts: 840 New Member
    edited May 2011
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    I apologize everyone for the huge delay! The judge who did not turn in scores and has been told that if this happens again he will be replaced or removed, unfortunately. Now I was going to post this yesterday but Liam has been on a rampage over the last 48 hours >:(
    Anyways, the scores go in descending order. I'd like to Congratulate
    Simluver1098 and Kael for coming in first! :)

Simluver1098

Creativity-30/30
    Scene-28/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 15/15
    TOTAL=102/105

BG-I docked a point on the scene because the sims seem a little off to me, but very unique picture. You set the bar high since you were first!

CZ-I think this is a great photo, you did a really good job! I only took off points because your model and the guy in this photo look sort of blurry.

DD-I gave yours a perfect score becasuse of the beautiful presentation, and how they are out of the picture. The rocks were a nice touch. If there weren't any stones, I would have felt as though something was missing, and points would be docked. Good Work!
    I can't wait to see what else you have in store for this competition!

Kael

Creativity-30/30
    Scene-29/30
    Relativity-28/30
    Time- 15/15
    TOTAL= 102/105

BG-The relativity is a little off although you did have a good idea/point with the being young. I like how you have so much comotion going on in the background it kind of attracts you to the front which looks completely different. (if that makes sense?)

CZ-Aww, Kael, I love this! This was such a great idea, great work! I only took off points because that picnic table doesn't really fit into the picture.

DD- This is a cute picture. I don't know what I can say bad about it. I love how you can see that time has passed, and that you didn't just put two columns of before and after. There was an actual thought bubble.

dreamerz13

Creativity-30/30
    Scene-27/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 15/15
    TOTAL=101/105

BG-Very creative! Although there was never any high school lockers there were lockers so I only took away 1 point. Yes, very picky. I know. Really Creative though!

CZ-I think this was a great entry. Your image looks great and I can tell you worked hard on it! Good job :]

DD-I adore this picture! I love how they are in a "hotel room" but, at the same time, they are in a school locker! I would never have thought of that! I also love how you added the valentine card. It ties in that it is a school, but they are in love. Without that poster, your score would not have been perfect.

KenziiKracker

Creativity-30/30
    Scene-26/30
    Relativity-26/30
    Time- 15/15
    TOTAL=97/105

BG-I don't recall anything about a high school. I really liked the detail and effort you put into though very nice!

CZ-Great Work! I can tell you spent a lot of time on this photo. The only thing that is off is the quality.

DD-Creativity was perfect. I would never have thought to place them on a football field, although, the relativity was sadly docked because they never were on a field. I would have docked two, but considering that this is a teenage dream, it fits.

NinjaKay

Creativity-28/30
    Scene-27/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 13/15
    TOTAL=97/105

BG-The scene seems to bland for me a little more detail would've been nice. The pose mods are nice but this one looks awkward in my opinion. I can tell what your trying to get at though. Good job!

CZ-Great photo, I really like the angle. My only wish is to see more of your model's face. Good work!

DD-This is very chic. I like how they are one a bit of beach, with rock in the background. I like how the picture is tilted, and there are flurries on the edge.

DeathNoteSim(Practice)

Creativity-27/30
    Scene-29/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 12/15
    TOTAL=97/105

BG-Again, I hate to give perfect scores but this seems like it has everything I was looking for. Creativity in the scene plus with those details in the background, not just plain ocean. Relativity and it looks like you put some time into this. Awesome!

CZ- I really like this picture. The only thing that bugs me is how bright it is, it kind of makes the car look weird. Other then that, good job!

DD-I like how the tree is in the background, in a way, it is completing. You could make this a body shot. That could improve it.

Tapchic521

Creativity-28/30
    Scene-26/30
    Relativity-27/30
    Time- 15/15
    TOTAL=96/105

BG-Kieran looks a little awkward the pose mods mainly look awkward for the most part. This was different from most so I like that! Good job!

CZ- I like this picture a better angle would have really added to the quality of it. Another thing is your model's hair looks a little weird because of the angle and the pose.

DD-To improve the scene, you could maybe have a picture in the background. I like how you tied the beach outfits with the hotel, and how the jeans appear to be wet. This is very cute, and I can't wait to see your future assignments.

AlexaMichelle

Creativity-27/30
    Scene-25/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 13/15
    TOTAL=94/105

BG-Like almost everyone else the beach is a very nice scene but a little more detail would've been nice. Although it's hard to tell your at the beach. I love the puzzle theme you have there though!

CZ- Cool effect! I really like the idea of the collage, it looks great! I find that building in the backrground distracting and it takes away from your photo. Also, I wish that I could have seen more of your model's face.

DD- I like how "I'm complete..." is in it's own box. What I dislike is that you can't tell if they are even on a beach. I aonly see green, and a house of some sort. I like how her puzzle is "complete" as you put it in the description. Very cute.

ROCKPRINCESS3

Creativity-25/30
    Scene-26/30
    Relativity-29/30
    Time- 14/15
    TOTAL=94/105

BG-You have the little detail in the background and still bring focus on the main people. You did a really good job! It's hard for me to try and give someone a perfect score, because I have to find something wrong or something that could be better.

CZ-This is a great picture. You did a good job, I just need to see more of your model's face.

DD-Well I found it to be a cliche when the model is on a beach, hugging, kissing, in their arms... waht could have made this better was if it was a full body shot, the guy did not have headphones on, and the picture wasn't blurred. Great entry overall.

Jasmine1233

Creativity-22/30
    Scene-25/30
    Relativity-26/30
    Time- 12/15
    TOTAL=85/105

BG-Creativity would've been lower if it wasn't for the Katy Perry logo. The scene is nice, but I would've like to see a little more detail than just the ocean. Overall though your picture is pretty good.

CZ-I like the great quality of your image. I think you could have gona a little more out of the box in terms of creativity though.

DD- For the scene, I think that a full body shot of the couple would be better. Also, the text says "Lets runaway and don't ever look back", but you had them setting on the beach? I only docked two points because in the video I watched, at some point it had them on a beach with those lyrics, but still...

xtine1012

Creativity-19/30
    Scene-20/30
    Relativity-27/30
    Time- 10/15
    TOATL=76/105

BG-I'm sorry but that one sim and the sparks machine just threw off the picture. The beach is the general theme for most and well it's just a beach a little more detail would've been nice. Next time try to take the picture from a different angle and make sure there are no unwanted objects taking away attention from your main focus. :)

CZ-This was cute. The thing in the background subtracted from this photo as well as the girl in the background, it weird how she is staring at them.

DD- The text was hard to read, and I expected people to take a picture of a guy and a girl hugging. The girl with blue hair was random, and didn't get the point. Also, if it's such a great beach, why don't you display it?

Worm178

Creativity-22/30
    Scene-18/30
    Relativity-15/30
    Time- 10/15
    TOTAL=65/105

BG-I loved the idea even though I interpreted it wrong at first, I apologize for that. The scene doesn't remind me of the song Teenage Dream other than the words in the picture. I don't recall anything from your picture that was in the lyrics or music video. I really liked your idea/creativity with this one though!

CZ-This is a good idea. However, your model is missing some expression. Expression is important because it really makes the photo and your model stand out more. Another thing is the background, he should be standing somewhere with a little more going on in the background, backgorund is another key factor in modeling.

DD-This was not my favorite. There was only one girl, and the setting was barely a setting. You could have everyone in the picture, him playing music or something, as the girls fawned over him. Even then, points would be docked because there were multiple girls.

Worm 178, unfortunately you have the lowest score and you have been tooken out of the competition. You had a very great idea there, but the picture would've been better if the background had more details (like something from the lyrics or music video) it would've been alot better. You are welcome to "practice" and do some of the assignments un-officially and get some constructive criticism or lurk. :D

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ELIMINATED WORM!!!!!! his was wayyy better than mine!!!
    if i was to drop could he continue in the competition?
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited May 2011
    Haven't gone liam-ed once since I cleared something?
    Both of yours were good. I thought you were both pretty close (by my judging) but I can't change it sorry. I hate to eliminate but that's the way the comp is. If there is something you're not agreeing with feel free to drop out, but I can't add worm back in. Please don't drop out though, just because of this. :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sorry but i really dont deserve the spot. its not fair for me to continue his looked like he worked pretty hard on it and mine only took me 5 minutes (no lie)... i wouldnt feel right taking the spot he deserved its nothing against you or the other judges but i cannot personally accept the spot..I'm going to have to drop
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    xtine1012 wrote:
    sorry but i really dont deserve the spot. its not fair for me to continue his looked like he worked pretty hard on it and mine only took me 5 minutes (no lie)... i wouldnt feel right taking the spot he deserved its nothing against you or the other judges but i cannot personally accept the spot..I'm going to have to drop
    K.(sorry about that edit didn't go through)
    Edit:If that's how you feel then so be it. Good luck though on your comp your running. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    thanks good luck with yours as well :)
  • Options
    ROCKPRINCESS3ROCKPRINCESS3 Posts: 597
    edited May 2011
    Is it okay if I change my entry for this assignment before the due date?
    I need to alter some things and improve the picture. ;P
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Is it okay if I change my entry for this assignment before the due date?
    I need to alter some things and improve the picture. ;P
    Yes, it's fine. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    IMPORTANT:IMPORTANT!

1. No one will be eliminated this round but,
    2. Assignment 2 scores will be added with 3 so the lowest score will be out from the two combined.
    3. Remember no blue
    4. Due date pushed back until the 20th!
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    Yay! Thank-you for posting scores anyway. I was getting a bit paranoid that I had finished assignment 2 and scores weren't even up. :lol:
  • Options
    TapChic521TapChic521 Posts: 705 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Cool. Seen it!
  • Options
    ROCKPRINCESS3ROCKPRINCESS3 Posts: 597
    edited May 2011
    2cqcgi0.jpg

Okay, so in this picture, the photo falling off the bed is part of her modeling career that she absolutely hates, but she has no other way of earning money.
    She threw it off of the bed, because she is sick of people going through eating disorders and slight depression because of the message the media is turning her photos into.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey guyes been pretty busy. Will update the list tomorrow and will have a look at the assignments. In a real hurry just wanted to check in real quick and bump1:D
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited May 2011
    Final2.jpg

Since the song is about suicide I decided to go with the point of view of Erika singing the song to her teenaged self.

She appears as a ghostly form singing the song into the ear of the depressed, teenage Erika who is contemplating suicide telling her she is Perfectly Flawed.

I faded and shaped the photo like an old photograph to coincide with the chorus of the song.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sorry, been sick and now busy with RL and getting sick again. I'm updating the list and it's due in about 23 hours? 22 so hurry up those who haven't finished!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    simluve1098 and Kael if you would like to help choose the song for the next assignment I need your e-mail or you can send me an e-mail @bgategwayb@gmail.com if your afraid to post e-mail.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi. Sorry to hold everyone up. My internet's been down for a few days now. We just got it fixed, so I'll have my assignment up as soon as I can, if that's ok :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well its ok since only 3 have decided to turn in assignments i'll let it pass this time. :S Hope this isn't over the judging from assignment 1...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    Well its ok since only 3 have decided to turn in assignments i'll let it pass this time. :S Hope this isn't over the judging from assignment 1...

Is that it? :?

It's pretty petty if that's the reason. I think a lot of people are having issues with the forums and stuff though, that may be part of it. :? I dunno.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    BGateGWayB wrote:

Is that it? :?

It's pretty petty if that's the reason. I think a lot of people are having issues with the forums and stuff though, that may be part of it. :? I dunno.
    I dunno know I overreacted a little. Just kinda made me mad only 3 entries 0_o If it is then well so be it... if it's forum issues then well not really their fault. Either way assignment due tonight at midnight!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm sorry, guys...I think I'm going to have to drop. My game has been giving me difficulties and i haven't been able to load it up to get the assignment done.
    I'm really really sorry to keep everyone waiting! :oops: Good luck, guys. I'll lurk, though
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TapChic521 wrote:
    I'm sorry, guys...I think I'm going to have to drop. My game has been giving me difficulties and i haven't been able to load it up to get the assignment done.
    I'm really really sorry to keep everyone waiting! :oops: Good luck, guys. I'll lurk, though

Aww.. sorry your game is having problems. Mine was being problematic for a while.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @Tapchic-It wasn't you this would've been going if it wasn't for school. But i'm sorry about your game. :(

@Everyone who turned in +Judges
    I have had a very crazy schedule with finals and school deciding to keep kids after to re-take finals even though I did pass and took it again! Their stupid mistake. Sorry, the competition is going in full gear now since it is summer and I will not be as busy for the next couple of weeks. Only two more assignments and we'll have a winner. That winner will now receive a gift! I'm not for sure of how much or what exactly but i'd like to show them my appreciation.
    Judges you may now score and they are all located on the 2nd post, 1st page! Judges may receive a gift for sticking through this as well. ;)
  • Options
    deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited May 2011
    OH MY GOSH! I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THIS THREAD! Ever since we got done with Assignment 1, I have been searching for this thread!
  • Options
    deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited May 2011
    I sent in the scores? BUMP
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I just got on my e-mail and I see you've sent it but there's an error I don't know if it's on my end or yours. But mind re-sending the scores. :oops: Sorry.