Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had mixed gender multiples?

Every time I have multiple babies, they are the same gender. Reading posts where others talk about there twins/triplets, it seems like everyone else is having the same thing happen. I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to get a boy and a girl in a twin/triplet set...

Anyone have it happen yet?

Comments

• Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im wondering if this may be another random bug... hopefully... Ive had triplet girls... and I believe I have multiples on the way again so ill let you know.

-Jess
  • Options
    mollywog02mollywog02 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, I've never even thought of that..
    But no, theyre always all girls or all boys when my sims have babies.
  • Options
    RiverahuntRiverahunt Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm figuring this will disappear into the depths of the forum because no one has had mixed-gender multiples and won't post.

How disappointing if it's not possible :cry:
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow I haven't had any multiples yet but that would be extremely disappointing if it is always the same gender, hopefully easily fixed with a patch.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had any multiples yet....but by the sounds of it doesn't look like you can.

But I would bet that this is a bug that will be fixed in the 1st patch that is released!
  • Options
    RiverahuntRiverahunt Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm wondering if it is a bug though. If eating certain foods increases your chances of having either a boy or a girl, how would that work with multiples?

I hope it's a bug, but I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't.
  • Options
    glitterandglitzglitterandglitz Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've only had twin girls so I'm not sure I've actually haven't had single babies YET..I hope it's not always twins..
  • Options
    ashesx5ashesx5 Posts: 414 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had any sims have triplets yet but everyone I've talked to that has had them had all the same genders. :?
  • Options
    CopelandRocksCopelandRocks Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    In TS2 I always only had boys. I never had girls. And on here, I've only had single boys and triplet girls.
  • Options
    KaitKait Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sim just gave birth to triplet girls. Of course I did make her eat Watermelon her whole pregnancy because her husband wanted another girl(they already had two girls!) I wonder if you ate both apples and watermelon during a pregnancy with multiples what would happen.
  • Options
    Geeker29Geeker29 Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2009
    The first 2 single babies I had were girls then the next 2 single babies I had were boys. I haven't had twins or triplets yet but I want to. I was always using the twins cheat in the sims 2 to get sims.
  • Options
    mayjammayjam Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I have had lots of twins and triplets and 99% positive its a glitch cause i have always had one gender, i hope they will slove it soon, parents want different genders and its not possible!
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    i just recently had mix gender twins, i posted about it the other day. here they are

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Jivatma/Ovevil 3/Screenshot-41-1.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/IMG]
  • Options
    Piesie5Piesie5 Posts: 270 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I've only ever had twin/triplet girls, never boys and never mixed.

Apparently the only way (so I hear) is to have a doctor that can determine gender to say the gender of the babies - you need to be pretty sure it will be a multiple birth, then eat the fruit corresponding to the opposite gender.

For example - your sim is pregnant, you are pretty sure it will be multiples (because they have fertility treatment etc) , doctor tells you the gender is a girl, you eat apples, you give birth to boy/girl twins.

Zeri = is that how you got B/G twins? Cute pic btw!
  • Options
    StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited February 2010
    All of my multiples are mixed gender. All you have to do is have a doctor in the household. Either cheat and type in testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box, shift click the mailbox, select career, and make your sim a doctor, or actually work to become one, then once your other sim is showing, or is able to announce the pregnancy, have the doctor sim click on the pregnant sim and "determine gender" or whatever, after that if the doctor says you're having girls go eat apples (i dont know if its 1, 3, or 6 apples), if the doctor says you're having boys, go eat watermelons (i dont know if its 1, 3, or 6 watermelons). You'll get mixed multiples this way [: I always eat six of either just to be sure. you can always go to the main menu, type in testingcheatsenabled true into the cheat box, then go back to your game and go to your lifetime rewards, hold ctrl and shift at the same time and click on the right side of the picture of the chest (not on the chest, next to it) and keep clicking until you have 10,000 points to get the fertility treatment, this way you'll be sure to have multiples.
  • Options
    rayy13rayy13 Posts: 2,847 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I've had multi-gender twins several times. Twice in one generation but you need a doctor living in the house to "determine gender"
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    i didnt have a doctor in the house. i had a scientist tho

*no wait, i just remembered, the live in grandpa was a retired surgeon! i only just remembered he used to be a doctor. i never asked him the gender. but the father wanted a girl, so i fed the mom watermelons. i guess they were suposed to be boys
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I've had all girl triplets, but I had a twin boy and girl, and then usually I spawn like a baby boy, then another one, then a girl, then three more baby boys, or the other way around.
  • Options
    SatindreamzSatindreamz Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    Actually its happened only once since I've p layed the game where I got twins, a boy and a girl. Most of the time I get the same like the family I have now had triplet girls. Maybe its a bug in the game but at least it is possible. I havent been on the site very long let alone played the game for long so I am a bit behind in what is going on here on the forum.
  • Options
    devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Zeri wrote:
    i just recently had mix gender twins, i posted about it the other day. here they are

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Jivatma/Ovevil 3/Screenshot-41-1.jpg"height=450 width=600"[/IMG]

omgosh they're so cute
  • Options
    mEEEEEE051398mEEEEEE051398 Posts: 24
    edited February 2011
    It is most definantly possible. Look up the Kyoti Legacy, and at the very end, Gemma Kyoti brings home a boy...... and girl twin set. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ive had mixed gender multiples before.
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Umm actually what I've noticed is that you have to eat 10 apples/watermelons to get boy girl twins

I've never gotten triplets that way though

Oh And Listen to ALOT of kids music and watch kids tv to increase chance of multiples
  • Options
    starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited February 2011
    CUTEBINA wrote:
    Umm actually what I've noticed is that you have to eat 10 apples/watermelons to get boy girl twins

Oh And Listen to ALOT of kids music and watch kids tv to increase chance of multiples

10? Wow when I would figure out the gender I would just eat 3 apples/watermelon and it worked.
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    CUTEBINA wrote:

10? Wow when I would figure out the gender I would just eat 3 apples/watermelon and it worked.

Oh for some reason it doesn't work for me when I eat less than ten so I try to eat 10, JUST SHOVE 'EM IN HER MOUTH! :lol: