Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hmm... Potions?

OK, so I know that a certain something to do with teenagers and babies/toddlers isn't being incorporated into the game, and I know that some people have a mod that lets them have that something in their game, but I don't because I couldn't get it to work and it ended up doing my head in. Anyway, I was just reading here (http://www.edenstyle.it/expansion-packs/the-sims-3-generations-preview-part-9-chemistry-set.html) when I saw the thing about the young again potion, which lets your sims jump back an age (like adults to teens, etc). So I had a thought. I know it would be an incredibly faffy way to do it, but if, hypothetically, you had two adult sims that had a baby, and then both sims took this potion again to become teens - would that work, do you think? Or is it possible that there'll be some in-game block?

Comments

• Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited May 2011
    You may want to change the title and the context of your post. Teen Pregnancy is something that is not allowed to be discussed here. I know you aren't linking to mods or anything like that...but this is one thing they are pretty strict about. Just thought I would warn you before you get reported and possibly banned.

(Pssst...I wondered how that would work too...like if they age back to teen after they had a kid who was a teen...their kid could end up older than the parent...)
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited May 2011
    nvm
  • Options
    LufflebunnyLufflebunny Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2011
    Yahtzami wrote:
    You may want to change the title and the context of your post. Teen Pregnancy is something that is not allowed to be discussed here. I know you aren't linking to mods or anything like that...but this is one thing they are pretty strict about. Just thought I would warn you before you get reported and possibly banned.

(Pssst...I wondered how that would work too...like if they age back to teen after they had a kid who was a teen...their kid could end up older than the parent...)

Ohh, thank you :D I didn't realise haha :D
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited May 2011
    At least it seems like a away of achieving youth without having the cooking and gardening skills of a Stepford housewife.
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited May 2011
    The reason they won't add teen pregnancy to the game is easy to understand. Because of the differant life stages the teen life stage is I would say between 13 and 19 and on Sims 2 and 3, sims who are old enough to perform the woohoo action can perform it with any other sim who is old enough provided that sim is not a relitive. If they added teen pregnancy to the game that would mean a teen sim would be able to perform the woohoo action with an adult sim. In real life it's illegal for a 13 or 14 year old to have sex with say ooohhh a 25 or 30 year old, also in most countries pictures and video even animated ones deplicting sex between an adult and a minor is illegal so that would make the Sims games illegal in a lot of countries as being child ***********.
  • Options
    MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think there's also a simple gameplay issue involved - Teen sims need to be in a house with at least one adult present. If you were to de-age two adults in a house where it's just them and their baby, it'd default to the exact same thing as happens if all the adults in a house die, leaving the children on their own - the house is rendered functionally empty and the child sim turns into a random NPC with no fixed house (I've had that happen in games where I've killed off sims I dislike (like Claire Ursine) who have a child, but no one else in the house).

That's not to say I wouldn't like a de-aging option available, just that there are several basic gameplay issues that would need to be addressed. Maybe in a house that has no other adults, a pop-up notice comes up saying something like "You could be rendering your house unplayable. Do you really want to do this?" - a bit like the "Return to the Netherworld" option for playable ghosts - or just a po-up that warns that for every de-aging that goes under [young] adulthood.

Also, I think such a device (potion or whatever) should have restrictions on it's availability. Maybe make it available only through an Opportunity, like the Ghost-O-Tron or the first Simbot. A sim has to wait until they get the opportunity call, then carry out a few tasks (maybe they need to supply Life Fruit, Death Fish, Death Flowers, Plasma Fruit, specific gem stones, or other items appropriate to the de-ageing theme), then they get de-aged. Or de-ageing is a Lifetime Reward that costs an exorbitant amount of points to buy, like up in the levels that the food replicator or the teleport pad are located.

Keep in mind, the already existing de-ageing options (admittedly, options that only de-age within the sim's current age group) are already difficult things to get - Life Fruit is a rare seed to get, most worlds only have one spot to get Death Fish and they also have time restrictions for when you can fish for them, and both need top skill levels to get them and the Ambrosia recipe is very expensive. A de-ageing option that is even more dramatic than Life Fruit or Ambrosia should be difficult to get.
  • Options
    Bellom27Bellom27 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    @MerrySard

Actually, no, you do not need a adult in the house. Heck you don't even need a young adult in the house.
  • Options
    dementor1213dementor1213 Posts: 1,835 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Bellom27 wrote:
    @MerrySard

Actually, no, you do not need a adult in the house. Heck you don't even need a young adult in the house.

Yeah, I had a family of two teens and a child because their parents died in a 'tragic' fire.
  • Options
    Bellom27Bellom27 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    @dementor1213

Oh, I'm sorry, I misread that.
  • Options
    Jenac11Jenac11 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Post edited by Unknown User on