The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flux Modeling: Cycle 3 - - Assignment 3 - - PK SEND SCORES! PRINGLE&MORG:DUE! ASSIGN 4 POSTED!

Comments

• Options
    Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited April 2011
    Bliss87 wrote:
    Bliss87 wrote:
    seen it

and i was confused about the ear comment? You cant see my models ears at all O.o only hair .....

I think it's because it looks like she has a pair of ears on, the way she is positioned with the background. The reflections in the mirror close to her head give her the illusion of having ears on. I should have actually mentioned that in my comments come to think of it.

oh no, that was actually the hair, it had curls on the side all the way around the back of the head as you can see in the mirror ><

Now I remember that hairstyle! I remember now that's why I didn't download it cause it's all mental in the back and sides lol.

Lol and thats why i chose to use it, because it was high fashion with its wierdness and still doll like with the bangs and curls haha :) Wont use it again for an assignment :) Unless ofc im going for an extra set of ears look :)
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Bliss87 wrote:
    Bliss87 wrote:
    Bliss87 wrote:
    seen it

and i was confused about the ear comment? You cant see my models ears at all O.o only hair .....

I think it's because it looks like she has a pair of ears on, the way she is positioned with the background. The reflections in the mirror close to her head give her the illusion of having ears on. I should have actually mentioned that in my comments come to think of it.

oh no, that was actually the hair, it had curls on the side all the way around the back of the head as you can see in the mirror ><

Now I remember that hairstyle! I remember now that's why I didn't download it cause it's all mental in the back and sides lol.

Lol and thats why i chose to use it, because it was high fashion with its wierdness and still doll like with the bangs and curls haha :) Wont use it again for an assignment :) Unless ofc im going for an extra set of ears look :)

The hairstyle is actually really cute....if it wasn't for all that mess in the back hehe
  • Options
    melodicspike21melodicspike21 Posts: 24,180 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yay :mrgreen: I have the idea all done in my head O.o I'm working on it right away and I'm not stopping till it's perfect :mrgreen (well, sort of :P)
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    mEgA32306mEgA32306 Posts: 2,758
    edited April 2011
    Checking in!
    I'm glad there was no elimination this round, i was so worried because i didn't have much time because of going on holiday and loads of other personal stuff. But i will put more into it this time. Thanks for your comments.
  • Options
    Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited April 2011
    lol wow did i miss a lot in the one day i didn't come online >.<

@kelren: aww that sucks that you can't get your resizing to work. i don't really know how else to help you, as I use photoshop >.<

@bliss: LOL im sorry! i seriously thought those were ears. I've never seen that hairstyle before >.<

@simslover: WOW you're fast! amazing entry =D

thanks for checking in, ladies!!
  • Options
    kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited April 2011
    Beth, could you pose the equivalent sizes? I am following every tutorial I can find and I just can't make it work. Is the resizing rule still going to be in place for the next assignment or is it going to be a suggestion? I don't care if any of my pictures get cut off. (Not that I think I'll ever win an assignment anyway with all of the awesome people here!)
  • Options
    xRainbowxxRainbowx Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited April 2011
    Have I missed something. Or is my entry not scored >.<
  • Options
    morgauna_11morgauna_11 Posts: 651
    edited April 2011
    GAHHHHH! Second place?? I was not expecting that what so ever, thank you! and my entries won't be all fuzzy from now on :)
  • Options
    ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited April 2011
    xRainbowx wrote:
    Have I missed something. Or is my entry not scored >.<

I didn't see yours either.. :? Weird.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @kelren: yes i will post the equlivent sizes tonight when i get hgome

@rainbow: OMG OMG OMG im so sorry! i must've forgotten yours. i will post it and fix the placings when i get home tonight.
  • Options
    NinjaKayNinjaKay Posts: 5,015 New Member
    edited April 2011
    You should know better than to give me an assignment with darkness involved... (:<

Anywho.. here we go.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/NinjaKay13/flux3.png

Surounded by lifeless bodies. The sweet smell of blood filling the air. The only sounds were my breathing and the creaking of the rusted shut pipes. I had done this to myself. I didn't have to kill them, but it seemed so right. I didn't mind though, I felt alright here. Simply laying upon the rusty operating table. Everything was just right.
  • Options
    amazing1239amazing1239 Posts: 2,054 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Seen it :3 I have a few ideas already :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    excellent entry, ninja!

thanks for checking in pringle =D cant wait to see it!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i posted the equivalent sizes to the end of the tutorial post on page 1!!!

@rainbow: i added in your scores to the first post. also, please check your email!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Got the pic taken, editing now >_<

Edit: It's done, but I don't think it's good enough to hand in D:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    nikkiscott123nikkiscott123 Posts: 99
    edited April 2011
    seen it:)

and yeah, i was amazed by the quality the photo had :) thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all - Pain by Three Days Grace

16h8ao0.png

Carve your name into my arm... - Every You and Every Me by Placebo

"You're right, who needs a honeymoon?" Damien laughed, placing me on the kitchen table. I simply held onto his hand, gazing into his dark eyes.
    "Hey, do you want a tattoo?" Damien asked me, after a long pause.
    "Hmmm no - not my style. Plus I'm pretty sure my mom would slaughter me." I fiddled with his thumb anxiously, not sure that I liked where this was going.
    "Pretty please? I get one of your name, you get one of mine? C'mon!" He pleaded tugging me off the table and widening his eyes.
    "No Damien," I said firmly, trying to discreetly pull my hand free of his. He gently pulled my hair down so it cascaded down my back. He sighed, knitting his eyebrows together as he often did when frustrated.
    "Is this your way of saying you don't love me?" Damien whispered quietly.
    "No! Of course not-"
    "Good." Was all he said in response. Instead of speaking, he picked up the violin bow - my violin bow and pressed me against the counter. Grabbing my arm, he started to carve his name with the blunt tip of the violin bow on the inside of my arm.
    I didn't cry, I didn't scream. I simply endured it. When he was done, he let me fall to the hard tiles, on top of all my music sheets. The letters of his name all bled individually. He'd used the thing I loved - music - against me, to do me harm.
    Not even twenty four hours after the wedding, and I was already longing for a divorce.
    He came back in five minutes to put alcohol bottles and pills around me - to make it look like I'd done it myself should anyone see me like this.
    The pain in my arm was unbearable, but I still remained vacant - I would not let him see me crumble.

:oops: I got carried away... >.>
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @nikki: =D thanks for checkin in!

@spike: amazing entry!!! love it =D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Beth :mrgreen: Editing is definitely not my forte :lol:
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    keep practicing! thats all anyone can do =) personally, i like doing in game shots more than editing, but editing is still a really useful skill! i use it at work a lot when we need new brochure's to hand out for the showhome i work in.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I love ingame shots as well, but sometimes you just need editing to enhance it >.<
    Your job sounds pretty awesome - I love making brochures :XD:
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited April 2011
    This assignment sounds soo fun but Ive drawn a blank on it :S

:Puts thinking cap back on: 8)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @spike: oh yes, i NEVER hand in an unedited entry. ALL my entries are enhanced by editing, whether its shadowing, lighting, cropping, etc. but i mean, i prefer to do in game shots than full on edits, like pose combining and drawing and stuff. my job is actually pretty lame LOL. my job is literally to sit and look pretty. once in a while, i make myself and my dad (my dad is the area manager of the showhome i work at) coffee and clean the coffee cups, but otherwise, i sit on my laptop and either make brochures or play sims =P and i get paid waayy too much to do that hehe

@bliss: hehe let your imagination run wild!!! =D can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Options
    ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited April 2011
    @melodic- that is really creative. I liked the little story to go with it ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @Beth: I'm only in this comp atm, so the only editing I did in the previous assignments was resizing. I get really impatient when editing and then I screw it up in the middle - so I rarely do much of it :XD:
    Still doesn't sound that bad :P I have a feeling my dad will pull me in to work for him this summer D: Both my sisters have worked there and they say your feet ache so much after it because you're always on your feet.
    I have a feeling I wouldn't be too good at the 'look pretty while really playing sims' thing because when I play sims, I tend to make annoyed faces when they're being slow lol.

@Ash: Thank you!! :mrgreen: I love writing, so I got a tad carried away at that hehe :lol:
    X4pxyAv.png