The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Striking Modelling Cycle 2; Final scores have been posted! Come see who won!

Comments

• Options
    amazing1239amazing1239 Posts: 2,054 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I've had you guys waiting on the assignment so long...I feel bad, but a break is always good!
    I'll post it soon.
    @Leah I actually really hope to see you come back in Cycle 3, you were so good this cycle, huge improvements :)
    @Sam Sometime after this one finishes :p sign ups will probably be up after the entrants post their pictures, so there won't be that big of a gap :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Assignment 7; The finale!

Okay Models, you’ve worked hard, shown us what you got and now it’s time for the final assignment. This assignment has two different pieces!
    For part one you are to make us an advertisement for a product of your choice, there aren’t any extra requirements for the advertisement, just follow the rules.
    For part two you are to do a freestyle picture! There aren’t really more specifications I can give for this part so if you have questions just ask!
    I would also like to know if the two of you have your models for download anywhere as I would like to have them on next cycles banner. This isn't mandatory but would be nice to have.

Due Date: Midnight, Wednesday April 27th, (Time is in SST); countdown to due date

Rules
    -All the rules on the first page apply.
    - You are allowed text for the advertisement only if you need text for the other you must ask

Models
    1 - Rose(pooh90) with Lilla Sueman :idea: :P
    2 - Kat (christinaandpaul ) with Catherine Knight :idea: :P

:idea: = Seen It
    :D = Turned in
    :cry: = Dropped out/MIA
    :P = extension

Judges
    1. Pringle
    2. Mintkiss
    3.No special guest judge for this round(If anyone would like to apply to guest judge, my e-mail is in the very first post of this page)

Score Card
    Part 1(Advertisement):
    Creativity: /8
    Pose: /5
    Model’s appearance: /5
    Background: /5
    Would I want to buy the product after seeing this photo: /5
    Overall appearance: /10
    Total: /38

Part 2(Freestyle photo):
    Creativity: /15
    Model’s appearance: /10
    Pose: /5
    Overall appearance: /15
    Total: /45

Overall total from judge: /83
    Overall comments:

Turned in assignments:
    Kat wrote:
    Katl wrote:
    Alright here is part 1 of assignment 7! :-)

Striking-Assignment7final-Part1-Advertisment.png"width=640"
    *Please judge FULLSIZE!

I had time to get part 1 of the assignment done, I just haven't had anytime to do the freestyle...How long will my extension last?

Oh and Pringle, I'm going to load up my game now to package up Catherine and send her to you. :D
    Kat wrote:
    Alright, here is my freestyle... I wanted to do a photo that had things I like incorporated into it. I love the Ocean(or anything having to do with water, for that matter. Yes I'm a little weird. :P ) and I love mythical/fantasy stuff. So, this was born!

Practicing-11--.png"width=650"
    PLEASE judge FULLSIZE! (It looks better!)

:oops: It's nowhere near as good as Rose's freestyle...But, it'll have to do.

@Pringle, thanks so much for doing this comp. I've had a blast! And thank you for putting up with me, and all the extensions I asked for... :lol:
    I am so shocked I even made it to the finales! But, I'm pretty sure we already know who's going to win... Rose's entry(s) are epic! :wink:

@Rose, I've had so much fun competing against you through out this comp...You're so amazingly talented and I cannot believe I'm even in the finale with you! It's a honor to be even considered your opponent. :thumbup:

Rose wrote:
    Rose wrote:
    Ok here is my ad

mm0k3.png"width=650"
    Full size http://i52.tinypic.com/mm0k3.png
    Rose wrote:
    Here is my FreeStyle pic! Im pretty happy with how it turned out! Next to upload Lilla for you :D

30Minutes.png"width=650"
    Full size http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/poohy90/30Minutes.png

And heres the link to the song that gave me the idea! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSKyla5Xfo (Btw i didnt even watch the video till i went to find the link just now :P)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited April 2011
    hey pringle! i have been emailing back and forth with Rose since she left for her trip and she wanted me to send her the assignment when it got posted. She told me to let you know that she has seen it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Okey dokey, thank you Beth :3 That's nice of you.
  • Options
    christinaandpaulchristinaandpaul Posts: 1,069 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Seen it! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    *pokes at thread just in case anyone forgets :p*
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited April 2011
    am so joining cycle 3:D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's great to know :3
    I have actually started making all the titles(the pictures that are words which make everything look nicer) for cycle 3.
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited April 2011
    thats awesome i can't wait, i think its one of the few comps im excited about XD
  • Options
    pooh90pooh90 Posts: 4,026 Member
    edited April 2011
    Im back! And I have an idea for a pic! Now just to think of one for the other one
  • Options
    mintkissmintkiss Posts: 1,426 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Yay, I'm glad you're doing a cycle 3 for sure :]
  • Options
    PuggyUKPuggyUK Posts: 773 Member
    edited April 2011
    im joining cycle 3 to I have made sure I am not in to much comps : ]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Pringle, I'm going to need a extension. >.< I'm so sorry I've been the Queen of extensions this cycle, I'm just really busy...And haven't had any time to work on the assignment(s). So, please grant me this one last extension. Again I'm really sorry I've held this comp up so much. :(

EDIT: I currently do not have Catherine up for download. She's special to me and I don't really want to put her on the exchange...I could email her to you though, if you want. :?:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Pringle, I'm going to need a extension. >.< I'm so sorry I've been the Queen of extensions this cycle, I'm just really busy...And haven't had any time to work on the assignment(s). So, please grant me this one last extension. Again I'm really sorry I've held this comp up so much. :(

EDIT: I currently do not have Catherine up for download. She's special to me and I don't really want to put her on the exchange...I could email her to you though, if you want. :?:

Bump for Pringle to see my request.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I didn't see yesterday I was out for hours after school ended and went to sleep.
    Yes you can :)
    If you want to e-mail her to me that's fine :3 You have my e-mail and if you don't it's on the first page
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Alright here is part 1 of assignment 7! :-)

Striking-Assignment7final-Part1-Advertisment.png"width=640"
    *Please judge FULLSIZE!

I had time to get part 1 of the assignment done, I just haven't had anytime to do the freestyle...How long will my extension last?

Oh and Pringle, I'm going to load up my game now to package up Catherine and send her to you. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Pringle, I just sent you Catherine. I sent her as a .sim file(you place it in you "Saved Sims" folder). If you would prefer a .sim3pack instead just let me know. :)
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Godd luck, guys!!!

@Pringle There's no doubt I won't join next cycle! This was such a frickin awesome competition!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @Kat Your extension can go for two days and if you need more time just ask :3 Thank you :)

@Leah Oh that's so wonderful to hear :3

...Where is Rose...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Im here im here! Really! Sorry iv been swamped with magazine stuff (Guess thats what happens when you leave for a week >.<) I will need an extension too, but dont worry this is on my to-do list!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Okay :3 It's fine then
    I just looked at my previous post, it comes across a bit rude to me so sorry if it did to you >.<
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh no not at all, its totaly ok, i never really post on slow threads if i dont have ideas or is i know that im slaking >.< You had every right to wonder where i was :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Pringle, could I have some more time please? Maybe just another 1 to 2 days. The reason is because I made the mistake of staying up all night to watch the royal wedding and I can barely keep my eyes open, and I think I'm coming done with a cold beacuase I've been feeling sick the last couple days. :(

I'm so sorry to ask for more time but, will you please allow it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I may need a little more time too :XD: I just finshed everything i need to do before this so after dinner i will start on this and keep working on and hopefuly have it in tomrrow :XD:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sure guys :)
    I didn't watch the royal wedding but I saw pictures and what not, I also saw a video of a whole bunch of people dancing, and I know that tumblr fell in love with Prince Harry, and payed more attention to him then the actual wedding during the wedding.