The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 2 is way better

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Jalida wrote:
    Howdy there, Troll!

Wow, harsh much?

I find nothing about her post trollish, she's simply expressing the good and the bad for her about TS3.

She expected a lot more in the "base" game that we all paid a full game price for as did so so SO MANY other people too.

If they take what was in TS2 and repackage it for TS3 some folks will be happy for it, as for the oddest reasoning some folks are more than willing to shell out more money for content that was already sold to them for TS2 instead of asking for something entirely new, and some folks will be steamed if they were to put out duplicates of the xpacks that were for TS2.

Personally, yeah I would have liked to see a lot more of what we had already (YES even with the content from expansion packs) in TS3 too.

Yeah, I know. Sorry. It;s just kind of annoying how everyday we always have to try to explain to people it's only the base game and stuff. Although I do miss some stuff from The Sims 2, aswell.
  • Options
    Antminnie1Antminnie1 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited July 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    Oh my god, TS3 just got released last month and EA did not provide the CC creators tools this time. Keep in mind that it's not fair to compare the TS3 base game to the entire TS2 series.

I Agree With You On That.. :-)

I think I already said this in another post, but I absolutely effing love your siggy, ha ha. :lol: (fallenangel19910)
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2009
    sparklepop wrote:
    i don't hate sims 3, sims 2 is just way more fun. there's so much custom stuff for the sims 2 like hair meshes and stuff but in the sims 3 there's no bodyshop and the clothes are so ugly!! all you can change is the patterns and you can't get custom hair unless you replace some other hair. (or you can idk it's just complicated) i thought the sims 3 would have everything the sims 2 had and more but nooo there's not even a stupid piano!!! :evil:

you can't make vampires or zombies or werewolves which was like the funnest thing about the sims 2. i know there will probably be expansion packs and everything but still, all that stuff should've come with the original sims 3 right!! i know probably no one wants to waste money on sim furniture from the store. speaking of the store, that's like the whole reason i don't like sims 3. you have to buy hair?? 🐸🐸🐸🐸!! :cry:

i know the gameplay in the sims 3 is soooooo much cooler and all but that's the only good thing. the graphics are okay, i just dont like how the sims look perfect. i mean like the skintones it just makes them look weird. and in the sims 2 it was so easy to edit their faces and make them look unique but in the sims 3 i just can't get the right face. i literally spend hours trying to make the perfect sim and it never works! maybe it's just me though.

but now i feel lonely because it seems like no one plays the sims 2 anymore except me :shock:

Everything you listed is either CC or Expansion packs. TS3 gave us everything we expected (Well, minus the piano - that IS kinda dumb)

There IS Custom Content out. The game has been out for a month and we didn't expect MODS or NEW CC for 6 months.

the sims 3's 'Creature' is playable ghosts. Did you expect to get all of them? now THATS pretty dumb. Some people don't even like playable creatures!
  • Options
    vera_blakevera_blake Posts: 3,016 New Member
    edited July 2009
    FYI, sims 3 is just a BASE GAME. TS2 has over 10 expansions and about 2 years worth of stuff on the exchange and mods already made for it. SO before u make any critisisms. Just wait untill there's more in the game.
    Rodier1128 said:] Ts3 has everthing... except pianos...

yea pianos were great. one thing u missed was alien abductions which were a major thing in ts2 - plus he pregnancies that happended afterwards.

[PLUS TO THE STUFF ABOUT TROLLING]

I neither found anything trollish about it, except for the fact that there is still a little war between sims 2 and sims 3 fans which is so small it almost doesnt exist.

i wanT them to briong back the skelton maid from the sims 1 and the robot from sims 2 (originally from the sims 1). These were all very strange and insane creations by maxis, but they were a good idea.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2009
    vera_blake wrote:
    FYI, sims 3 is just a BASE GAME. TS2 has over 10 expansions and about 2 years worth of stuff on the exchange and mods already made for it. SO before u make any critisisms. Just wait untill there's more in the game.

Really? Over 10 expansions? Is that including stuff packs which aren't really expansions? I had no idea as I have nowhere near 10 expansion in TS2, I found the CC users created to be more than enough to keep me happy, and the new actual gameplay features only tantilized me in a couple of the expansions, hence I've got only like 3, I had no idea there were more than 10 expansions to TS2.
  • Options
    Rockermonkey999Rockermonkey999 Posts: 1,953 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Jalida wrote:
    vera_blake wrote:

Really? Over 10 expansions? Is that including stuff packs which aren't really expansions? I had no idea as I have nowhere near 10 expansion in TS2, I found the CC users created to be more than enough to keep me happy, and the new actual gameplay features only tantilized me in a couple of the expansions, hence I've got only like 3, I had no idea there were more than 10 expansions to TS2.

There were 9 Eps, and 9 sps....EA went nuts XD.

18 GAMES!! :shock:

...And to think I had 16/18...
  • Options
    lil_vicky61lil_vicky61 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    :roll:

Another pointless thread. Awesome 8)

Yes! I love these kinds of threads! They accomplish so much :thumbup: :roll: :|

Anyways back to the topic I think you need to be patient with the game since it did only come out like a month ago. And I know that not everyone will like the game I get that, but you can't compare things in the Sims2 that was from Expansion Packs to the Sims3 Base Game. Because that's just unfair.
  • Options
    mellodymellody Posts: 303 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you're going to try and make a valid point, do so only comparing the two base games.

Otherwise I call this thread pathetic.
  • Options
    christinaforeverchristinaforever Posts: 899 New Member
    edited July 2009
    sparklepop wrote:
    i don't hate sims 3, sims 2 is just way more fun. there's so much custom stuff for the sims 2 like hair meshes and stuff but in the sims 3 there's no bodyshop and the clothes are so ugly!! all you can change is the patterns and you can't get custom hair unless you replace some other hair. (or you can idk it's just complicated) i thought the sims 3 would have everything the sims 2 had and more but nooo there's not even a stupid piano!!! :evil:

you can't make vampires or zombies or werewolves which was like the funnest thing about the sims 2. i know there will probably be expansion packs and everything but still, all that stuff should've come with the original sims 3 right!! i know probably no one wants to waste money on sim furniture from the store. speaking of the store, that's like the whole reason i don't like sims 3. you have to buy hair?? 🐸🐸🐸🐸!! :cry:

i know the gameplay in the sims 3 is soooooo much cooler and all but that's the only good thing. the graphics are okay, i just dont like how the sims look perfect. i mean like the skintones it just makes them look weird. and in the sims 2 it was so easy to edit their faces and make them look unique but in the sims 3 i just can't get the right face. i literally spend hours trying to make the perfect sim and it never works! maybe it's just me though.

but now i feel lonely because it seems like no one plays the sims 2 anymore except me :shock:

i'm still playing it! :thumbup:
    you are not the only one that prefers the sims 2 my friend prefers it too,
    so dont worry!!
  • Options
    NishaDSNishaDS Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2009
    If you like Sims 2 better then that's fine.

I understand that people like to make comparisons but it would be pointless to make another Sims 2 when it already exists. Sims 3 is a different game with the design focus of Sims living and growing with the community. It prioritizes getting Sims out of the houses to interact with their neighbors and surroundings seamlessly. I love this aspect of it.

As other have already said, Sims 3 will grow to become better as CC and expansions are added. Have patience, little Simmers.
  • Options
    AllieboballyAlliebobally Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The Sims 3 is a BASE GAME.
    It can't include everything from The Sims 2 EPs! It would be much more work and the game would cost much more.
    It's been out for only a month.
    You need the right computer to play it and you need the right specs.
    There will be CC in due time.
    TS3 base game is MUCH MUCH better than TS2 base game!
    You can customize nearly everything with create a style.
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited July 2009
    I own every EP and SP for the Sims2 and enjoyed the game immensely. I also dowloaded tons of CC for that game and loved that there were so many talented creators. When I heard Sims3 was going to be released my intrest in Sims2 waned and I knew I was ready for a new game. The way I see the Sims3 is a "New and Different" game. I am exited to see how EA expands our new adventure with EP's and SP's around the corner. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    :roll:

Another pointless thread. Awesome 8)

Did you read all 3 pages like did? :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009

There were 9 Eps, and 9 sps....EA went nuts XD.

18 GAMES!! :shock:

And when this game has those expansion packs the person who started this thread will have their foot firmly jammed between their teeth.
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't see why the OP felt the need to start a topic about this. If you don't like TS3 then move on.
  • Options
    Ron1xRon1x Posts: 347 New Member
    edited July 2009
    sparklepop wrote:

albums-a59-penguinking3-fail.jpg

as many have said, base game vs base game, the sims 3 is better hands down. you must be dumber than a box of rocks if you think its a fair comparison.
  • Options
    ZenSandwichZenSandwich Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The base game of The Sims 2 was terrible! I dare you to go back and just play the ORIGINAL Sims 2 (No Nightlife!)
  • Options
    GoatStabberGoatStabber Posts: 876 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You just know from the topic title you'll click and your eyebrows will fall off from the flaming...
    1) The sims 3 is more entertaining
    However, 2) the custom content creation now really ****** me off. I want the sims 3 but the way you could create custom content on the sims 2 back.

EDIT: that sounded a pointless sentence...basically i'm saying I sit on the fence in these topics.
  • Options
    Simlover09xxxSimlover09xxx Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    well i guess some things you are saying are true, but it is the same as it was when the sims 2 came out, before the custom content and the expansion packs come into it, its not as fun, but the base game itself is fun! but i agree with you on trying to make a good sim, they all seem to have the same face. . . :?
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OP. Why not go play ts2 without any expantions and 1 or 2 CC. see how much you like it then. Because THIS IS THE BASE GAME!

and the CC is not as easy to make on ts3 because there is NO body shop.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2009
    I dunno, the few sims that I've created have different looking faces. It just took a few minutes to do it with the advanced tools in the CAS.
  • Options
    Ron1xRon1x Posts: 347 New Member
    edited July 2009
    bethekins wrote:
    OP. Why not go play ts2 without any expantions and 1 or 2 CC. see how much you like it then. Because THIS IS THE BASE GAME!

and the CC is not as easy to make on ts3 because there is NO body shop.

because the OP is an idiot, and clearly has no idea what he/she is talking about
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Honestly I would go mental if I went back and played ts2 with out any extra content. people can blow it out their date if they thing basegame ts2 is better then basegame ts3