The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you unhappy or don't mind about no new town in Generations?

Comments

• Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2011
    I would've liked a new town that was similar to Sunset Valley, because I really liked the beach it had.
    I didn't care so much for Twinbrook. I may have used that neighborhood like once or twice.
    As for Brideport, I don't mind it except for the fact it's always so gloomy and there's not many places to build on.
    I haven't downloaded Riverview.

It's going to be interesting trying to find space for these new lots.
    When Late Night came out I tried placing the Backlot in Sunset Valley,
    but because I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times it didn't go so well...
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    EA worlds are super crowded enough as it is (with all of the lots from Ambitions and LateNight), so it is so hard to trying to place lots especially in BridgePort.

I want to know more about the non rabbit hole sites.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited April 2011
    I would've liked a new town that was similar to Sunset Valley, because I really liked the beach it had.
    I didn't care so much for Twinbrook. I may have used that neighborhood like once or twice.
    As for Brideport, I don't mind it except for the fact it's always so gloomy and there's not many places to build on.

Yes that's what I was saying and I'm going to want to place the laundrymat there as well the one from Twinbrooks.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited April 2011
    Well, I don't play the other two towns, except Sunset Valley and Riverview, so it doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm really disappointed, one of the first things I do when I get an EP is exploring the new town and check its theme, and I always like to start a new story in a new town...:(
    I really hoped for a "Desperate Housewives" kinda town, like a suburb where all the family houses are close to each other.
  • Options
    Gina6BinaGina6Bina Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2011
    It would be nice to have a new town to explore, but I'm not upset about not getting one. If the EP isn't that great overall, I might be a little upset about not at least getting a new town.
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad.
    New world = less content.

As I've said before, I'd rather have new toys to play with, rather than just a new playground, with very little toys..

Generations doesn't require a new world. It exists to expand upon the families and worlds we already have.
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited April 2011
    Awww, there isn't going to be a new town? I would have to say that if it is true, then yes, I'm a little dissapointed.

One of the first things I always do is explore the new town, and I hate to sound like an idiot, but did The Sims 2 Pets come with a new neighborhood? I always delete everything except Strangetown and Pleasantview, so I don't remember.
  • Options
    gagamummygagamummy Posts: 10,160 New Member
    edited April 2011
    i really don't mind! I already made a family, and I am gonna play that family in Bridgeport!
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited April 2011
    gagamummy wrote:
    i really don't mind! I already made a family, and I am gonna play that family in Bridgeport!

Same here. I really don't mind !
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    With 10 lots being added to Sunset Valley thou want it cause lag? Also I wonder if they will continue this tradition with Pets in October. There is a lot of empty space in Sunset Valley beyond the Wolffe house. That part of the map is empty.
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2011
    I am wondering if they still have the regular rabbit hole lots in sunset in addition to the non rb holes. otherwise how could we have a store and schools and spas? :shock:
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2011

Yes that's what I was saying and I'm going to want to place the laundrymat there as well the one from Twinbrooks.

I agree! Hopefully some 64x64 lots are added somehow.
    I believe I did manage to add the Backlot on a 64x64 lot in Sunset Valley,
    but it didn't really look right. I had to keep moving it around.
    Maybe I'll try again later.

Maybe there will be new townies and houses in the library?!
    If not, I will probably make my own familes and possibly reconstruct houses.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited April 2011
    A few weeks ago I would have been upset, but since I made my own town, I don't mind so much.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited April 2011
    With 10 lots being added to Sunset Valley thou want it cause lag? Also I wonder if they will continue this tradition with Pets in October. There is a lot of empty space in Sunset Valley beyond the Wolffe house. That part of the map is empty.

A lot will depend on your PC, and what kind of lots they are. The LN lots are laggy because of the building markers and shells, in my PC anyway, but I have no problem with any other lots. I have a 300 lot town, it runs a little slow on my PC, but it's playable. (I do have SP & aging off, that seems to help)

I don't think additional lots on SV will cause any problems.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm unhappy. I was looking forward to it :(
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I am a little disappointed, I don't really like the idea of trying to squeeze new lots into the existing towns. Many of you are saying with the absence of a new town there should be more content. I think that would be a fair trade off and I hope that is the way it turns out. I am skeptical though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think it's nice to expand more to the worlds we already have, instead of just keep adding worlds with new rabbitholes. I really like the concept of adding 10 new non rabbithole lots, because it's better to experience more with sims in the open world. Plus, since there is no new neighborhood, I'm guessing that leaves more room for gameplay features, objects, etc.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited April 2011
    i am not someone who cares quite frankly i really dont need a new twown right now i am pretty sure i can enjoy everything without a new town for the most part.
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited April 2011
    i wanna bring up something. a few months ago there was a community poll asking what kind of world we would like to see in the store, Enchanted Forest won the poll.

Before Late Night was released we got Barnacle Bay, it included the Caliente sisters. There was no returning families in Late Night, IMO it's because we got Dina and Nina in BB.

This might repeat again. No new town on Generations but a new store town/world is on the way. One that might or might not include magic. There was also another poll that had several multiple choice questions, about objects and themes we would like to see in The Sims 3.

No new town in Generations might mean there's a new store town on the horizon. If this new town does have added gameplay like magic, it will most likely be more expensive than Barnacle Bay.
  • Options
    hjv9hjv9 Posts: 1,059 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I really hope we start seeing the new gameplay items soon...
    And that forest would be nice, I don't care about the price. I'll always pay it lol. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    i wanna bring up something. a few months ago there was a community poll asking what kind of world we would like to see in the store, Enchanted Forest won the poll.

Before Late Night was released we got Barnacle Bay, it included the Caliente sisters. There was no returning families in Late Night, IMO it's because we got Dina and Nina in BB.

This might repeat again. No new town on Generations but a new store town/world is on the way. One that might or might not include magic. There was also another poll that had several multiple choice questions, about objects and themes we would like to see in The Sims 3.

No new town in Generations might mean there's a new store town on the horizon. If this new town does have added gameplay like magic, it will most likely be more expensive than Barnacle Bay.

If this is coming out before Generations they need to start hyping it like they did with Barnacle Bay a month before it came out.
  • Options
    jewely13jewely13 Posts: 968 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Well that stinks big time. Guess now I have to work on recreating a new town til May 31st. But that's pretty cheap... $40 and we don't even get a new town? :roll:
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'd much rather EA focused on the quality control aspect of this EP instead of worrying about building a new world to add to it.

We got a new world with Late Night, and it was one buggy mess...even for people like me who play their game CC free (other than store content) and had not had any issues prior.

So, if no new world means a better overall game, then that's perfectly fine by me.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I am currently redesigning Sunset Valley and woe is it inefficiently designed (what's on the lot, not how many etc).

So here are some tips I ammassed.

1. The Diner:
    Does a tiny rabbit hole like that need such a large lot? I placed the Twinbrook Diner on my Grand Central Station (named "Grand Central", subways add "station", and rabbit holes remove the lot designation tag). I replaced it with the Arbor Plaza Trade Centre (Consignment) where you can buy not only arts and crafts, but also nectar, food and relics (WA)

2. Multi Purpose Rabbit Holes:
    Name says it all, plus, if you are urbanising SV, the city hall looks quite stately.

3. Big Rabbit Hole, Little Lot; moveobjects is your friend:
    You only need the entrance(s) and a tiny bit behind needs to be on a level lot, I placed the large Bridgeport Stadium (which I named the Belladome) on the relatively small Warehouse lot, and don't be afraid to add multiple rabbit holes on one lot! This also works for shells.

4. Tricky, but worth it:
    You know those little roads from the beach to the town? Well put a lot on it! With the use of Alt, 25x25 lots (perfect for houses or the small glass skyscrapers) and a bit a trial and error; the empty hills can be turned into San Fransisco style sloped hill architecture.

5. Do you really need it?:
    Do you really need all 9 types of bar, when one of each type will suffice (some simmers have noted that less bars=more crowded bars)

6. Look again:
    Throughout Sunset Valley there are a mass of spare empty parks that are never frequented (including two beaches), houses that are never lived in, empty lots mixed in the residential area, and two empty clifftops.

7. If you cannot be derriered to, someone else will no doubt have done it.

screenshot16o.jpg
    screenshot15m.jpg
    screenshot14o.jpg
    screenshot19v.jpg
    screenshot27q.jpg
    And remember, eye is in the detail!