Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oahu: Final Version Released

Comments

• Options
    southamtonsouthamton Posts: 34
    edited April 2011
    On the picture where there are trees and plants surrounding empty lots, what are you planning to put on the empty lots. Fantastic Update by the way.
    By far the best world on the forum. So beautiffuly detailed.:D
  • Options
    BetweenthefogBetweenthefog Posts: 44 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Perhaps, if you're still looking for ideas to fill things out, maybe a coffee farm or two (maybe the trees could have something harvestable placed within them using a cheat, like grapes, so it's an approximation), or a taro farm.

... I only remember these because I'm an avid Dirty Jobs fan. XD
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited April 2011
    ^I plan on having a fruit plantation on the other side of the highway, but good ideas...And thanks for the advice everyone, I've finally figured out what to do with that space...:)

Progress: I can now say the suburban side of the island is about 90% done!
    aerial1.jpg"width=700"
    aerial2.jpg"width=700"
    development.jpg"width=700"
    beachmc.jpg"width=700"

And this last pic is a sneak peak of the countryside:
    countrymountain.jpg"width=700"

Random Pics of the Updated Highway:
    highway1.jpg"width=700"
    highway2r.jpg"width=700"
    ...I think it looks much better now, but it looks hilarious when cars go under or over an overpass...

yabajen wrote:
    Question: Will it be populated? I hope so! :P

Umm, I dunno :? Probably not, we'll see...
    yabajen wrote:
    Oh and you should use this grocery store instead of the rabbit hole one

lmao I can't use other people's stuff, that'd be stealing. But I'm sure you'll be able to find a place to fit these lots...
    southamton wrote:
    On the picture where there are trees and plants surrounding empty lots, what are you planning to put on the empty lots.

Ranch-style homes and the school (and a playing field)...

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited April 2011
    the last picture of all the guys made me giggle.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm loving things! Just one thing about the update though- are you going to work on that beach a little more that's on the side of the suburban area? It's a good start, but it looks a little too much like feet and fingers. ... Then again, maybe that's just the NyQuil kicking in. XD

One option, if you want to make custom rabbitholes without needing CC, is to construct the building, make a basement, and then put the EA rabbithole in the basement.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

lmao That wasn't supposed to be in there X.X Stupid picture links...
    I'm loving things! Just one thing about the update though- are you going to work on that beach a little more that's on the side of the suburban area? It's a good start, but it looks a little too much like feet and fingers. ... Then again, maybe that's just the NyQuil kicking in. XD

Hmm, does kinda look like chicken fingers :? Never would have noticed that...

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Jasumi wrote:

Haha- I figured It was there for flavor. XD

Has for the fingers, maybe try a black rocky texture and reshape them a bit? There's a lot of blackish dark cliffs in Hawaii from what i've seen. Here are some examples:

http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/hawaiian-cliffs-blue-john-rushing.jpg
    http://alohaisles.com/images/molokai/cliffs.jpg
    http://www.celebratebig.com/hawaii-big-island/23-hawaii-belt-road-pahala-naalehu-horses-pacific-ocean-cliffs.jpg

Also: if you're feeling adventurous and there's the ability to do this in CAW without including CC (I'm not sure how custom textures in CAW work) you could maybe do a small black sand beach wherever you have the volcano!
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Jasumi wrote:

Haha- I figured It was there for flavor. XD

Has for the fingers, maybe try a black rocky texture and reshape them a bit? There's a lot of blackish dark cliffs in Hawaii from what i've seen. Here are some examples:

http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/hawaiian-cliffs-blue-john-rushing.jpg
    http://alohaisles.com/images/molokai/cliffs.jpg
    http://www.celebratebig.com/hawaii-big-island/23-hawaii-belt-road-pahala-naalehu-horses-pacific-ocean-cliffs.jpg

Also: if you're feeling adventurous and there's the ability to do this in CAW without including CC (I'm not sure how custom textures in CAW work) you could maybe do a small black sand beach wherever you have the volcano!

Holy CRAP! I live on the big island & remember frolicking w/my dogs in the field in the last picture! Small world, ain't it? :-o
  • Options
    ninten13ninten13 Posts: 77
    edited April 2011
    Looks great, Ican't wait to download it. I can finally use my Hawaii 5-0 guys somewhere and build some tropical lots without it looking dodgey. Ninten13
  • Options
    YnobeYnobe Posts: 56
    edited April 2011
    Is this ready to be downloaded. Sorry if already answered I been looking for this amazing world?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ^No, sorry, I'm only about 50% done at the moment. Should be done before next month though...
  • Options
    cyberman418cyberman418 Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi there Jasumi!

I must say, this world is looking really good! There is so much detail- I will definately be downloading. I have a question for you though, will you be adding any 60x60 residential lots?

Thanks

- Cyboid
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Wow! Fantastic job so far. I used to live on Oahu until I was about five, so this is quite exciting! I will definitely be downloading once it's done.
  • Options
    BFenstyBFensty Posts: 68
    edited April 2011
    Will you be including Generations items when it comes out in the end of may?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi there Jasumi!

I must say, this world is looking really good! There is so much detail- I will definately be downloading. I have a question for you though, will you be adding any 60x60 residential lots?

Thanks

- Cyboid

Yeah, a few in the countryside and on the resort island--maybe 5 total.
    BFensty wrote:
    Will you be including Generations items when it comes out in the end of may?

Hmm, I should be done before May, but if Generations brings anything new to neighborhoods (lots, deco...) then I will.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2011
    O.O I found this thread via your sig and I just have to say that is AMAZING!
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited April 2011
    This looks fabulous! I got married on Oahu, and as others have mentioned, it really felt like I was there again. I saw the picture with your version of Diamond Head and immediately knew what it was. The only thing missing are those crazy hillside houses! :lol:

You're doing a great job! I really like it.
  • Options
    jja27jja27 Posts: 769 New Member
    edited April 2011
    This place is all kinds of pretty.
  • Options
    larissa83xlarissa83x Posts: 313
    edited April 2011
    Your world looks amazing!
  • Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited April 2011
    love this world & love Oahu<3

I fly out to the Honolulu area every year for christmas. (:
  • Options
    PlayItLoud25PlayItLoud25 Posts: 70 New Member
    edited April 2011
    There has only been one world of the hundreds shared on here that has impressed me enough to download it. Yours will be the second.
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited April 2011
    There has only been one world of the hundreds shared on here that has impressed me enough to download it. Yours will be the second.

:lol: You just gave me a wonderful laugh. Thank you.
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited April 2011
    Wow. It's amazing. Congrats for your work so far.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2011
    So, are you doing the volcano?
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2011
    HAPPY 100 ANSWERS!