Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no expansion pack just updates please reply simmers

hello everyone i think we need to get this straight we need to let the sims 3 creators know that we need updates instead of expansion pack because that just wrong of them to make us spend more money for expansion pack if u agree with my idea just reply and agree. Thank You

Comments

• Options
    SongBird2384SongBird2384 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2009
    I definitely agree! If it's stuff that really should have been part of a base version, and they just forgot/didn't think it was a big deal/didn't get to it then it should be a fancy patch or something. I've got the room on mine computer for a big patch, bring it on EA! We love your game, we just want to love it more!! :D
  • Options
    crazy4life54crazy4life54 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah I agree here too... Like was said in a previous thread, Seasons and Pets should have been in the game right from the start anyways.
  • Options
    SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The game industry is not like that anymore, The future is downloadable contented and making you pay for stuff that should of been already included with the game. It's sad to say but it's true. One of the only game company's that doesn't completely rip you off is Valve. Get ready for paying for half finished games and then having to pay more to get the rest!
  • Options
    dandebirdsdandebirds Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If we'll be seeing as many expansions for The Sims 3 as we saw for The Sims 2, I agree.

I've actually wondered why they haven't already implemented content patches, or at least announced them as a future feature. Content patches certainly don't seem unreasonable, considering the amount of money we've paid for the base game, will pay for expansions, and will be paying for access to content in The Sims 3 Store.

Smaller EPs were released for The Sims 2 - such as OFB, Pets, and Seasons - that seems could easily be released as content patches for The Sims 3. Larger, more groundbreaking expansions that contain a plethora of new features, such as what Bon Voyage was for The Sims 2, could still be released as EPs for TS3. Everyone wins. If EA is so concerned about the financial aspect of releasing patches: release exclusive content to the store per patch and small, inexpensive stuff packs in-between, ?, profit.

EA knows we want the most out of our game. That's why expansion and stuff packs sell so well. That's why they're making a killing off of the store, even this early on. However, I definitely think consumers would be happier with this method.

This whole business of potentially releasing several EPs and stuff packs -and- making consumers purchase SimPoints in order to download exclusive content from the store is edging on insanity.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2009
    one thing that was fun about visiting the sims 1 site a long long time ago was when they would release new families/homes and objects. You felt like they were giving you something for being loyal fans...i think you have a good idea, but i can also see why they release the packs, too.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm on the fence with this. First off how would you get these "updates" I'm assuming you want free updates, as in downloaded from the site? I like having a hard copy myself, and I doubt it could be free that way as EA has to pay for the packaging. Plus updates that consist of everything that an expansion pack holds would take hours upon hours to download, and not everyone has the internet.

That being said, if it was small updates such as free items once a week or so that would be fine. I would still like expansion packs though as they add a lot of interactive things that you wouldn't get from a free update.
  • Options
    elunicopedroelunicopedro Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thank for the feedback let agree on more updates instead of expansion pack :):mrgreen: 8) :lol::wink:
  • Options
    bribry1bribry1 Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    my problem is i cant get my game to update and i bought it new so i use the disk yet when i try to update it says found error and wont let me finish updating so i am forced to run a biginners pack at 1.0 if any1 has a downloadable version of the updates plz let me know.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,994 Member
    edited December 2009
    Elunicopedro,

If you actually want more game play, don't complain. Most likely almost all the new game play will come in expansion packs, not free game updates. If EA works hard on something for well over a year and it adds a lot to the game, what do you think would be best for their bottom line? I want them to add more of everything. If you are like me, and you would like them to really improve the game, don't demand that in future, all content be in the form of free down loadable updates. If you think the expansion packs are too expensive, wait awhile for them to go down in price. They always do.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited December 2009
    hello everyone i think we need to get this straight we need to let the sims 3 creators know that we need updates instead of expansion pack because that just wrong of them to make us spend more money for expansion pack if u agree with my idea just reply and agree. Thank You

They don't care about the game anymore, it's all about the money..unfortunately...you should know that...everyone gets greedy...I just wish, like I'm sure that everyone else that is reading this, is that they would get more greedy about putting more thought into the game and not just let a shorter version of the game out with more eps..but oh well
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    Necromancy is bad. Forum rule number one.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shallae wrote:

They don't care about the game anymore, it's all about the money..unfortunately...you should know that...everyone gets greedy...I just wish, like I'm sure that everyone else that is reading this, is that they would get more greedy about putting more thought into the game and not just let a shorter version of the game out with more eps..but oh well

The video game industry has always been about money. If the first The sims game never made any money there never would not have even been an expansion pack for it, nor would there have been a sims 2. I'd played the Sims 1 without the liv'in large expansion pack, and there wasn't much too it. The core Sims 3 game is more elaborate than the core Sims 1 game.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    iSirius wrote:

What? Necromancy? what does that have to do with this thread?
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited December 2009
    If there wasn't expansions and just updates I think the game would get old rather quickly. Yes I know things are more expensive these days but no one said you have to buy em.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited December 2009
    Damienf519 wrote:
    iSirius wrote:

they mean thread necromancy . this thread died 6 months ago until bribry resurrected it . thread Necromancy is generally frowned upon .
  • Options
    hollyrose4hollyrose4 Posts: 214 New Member
    edited December 2009
    yes exactly, were in a reccension we dont have 40 dollars to spend on each EP YOU SHOULD MAKE A PETITION!
  • Options
    HatakeSageHatakeSage Posts: 884 Member
    edited December 2009
    Theres only ONE item I want from the expansion pack, and I dont want to buy it for 50$ for that one item.

So I might as well ask does anyone want to share those cute footy pajamas in a zip file :3?
    -is smacked-
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Damienf519 wrote:
    iSirius wrote:

they mean thread necromancy . this thread died 6 months ago until bribry resurrected it . thread Necromancy is generally frowned upon .

Huh, I'm sorry I don't understand. I never heard the term, "thread Necromancy" before. Any way, how did bribery resurrect this thread?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hollyrose4 wrote:
    yes exactly, were in a reccension we dont have 40 dollars to spend on each EP YOU SHOULD MAKE A PETITION!

No he should not, the recession might be over soon. The economy has never been perfectly stable. Also people who are low on cash could either save their money to buy the next expansion or wait for it to go down in price, if they want it enough.
  • Options
    hvnslilangl2089hvnslilangl2089 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I completely agree since they have done the updates I believe there should be no reason for an expansion pack especially if its something that can easily be downloaded. If they want us to pay for it well let me pay for it with simpoints. The only need for an expansion pack is if its like the WA- its made up of too much content that can't be downloaded easily from the sims store or bought with simpoints.. God knows that would cost a million sim points for something like that. But for something like the high end loft EP that they are coming out with either make that an update or put in in the store. I am not going to buy that!