Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ello, govna!

I was just wondering, do you ever pretend for your sims to be from foreign countries? I DO! I sometimes pretend that my sims are from England. And when they talk similish, I just imagine them saying it in a British accent. England is my favorite country that I like to pretend my sims to be from! Sometimes I will invite sim's relatives over, who are also English, and I will pretend for them to have a tea party. :D If only the game had crumpets! Whatever those are. I don't know, I just think it'd be neat because in movies I have heard people say "Would you lahk some tay ahnd crompehts?" :lol:

No I am not trolling so any of you who want to accuse me of it, please just don't waste your time typing toward me. You and your negative comments can go elsewhere. :D I really am serious. I pretend for my sims to be foreign sometimes. I think its fun.

Comments

• Options
    addictedtosims90addictedtosims90 Posts: 2,468 New Member
    edited April 2011
    bump
  • Options
    CloeHeartsTimCloeHeartsTim Posts: 505 New Member
    edited April 2011
    aha..haha..ahhh..no :shock:
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited April 2011
    Not to offend anyone but....

AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA - becuase the British had to send the criminals somewhere
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited April 2011
    Lol I once made a sim who was from supposedly Russia I just love Russians. I seriously do!
  • Options
    ThezezealThezezeal Posts: 239 Member
    edited April 2011
    Indirectly, yes-- Being English, and usually having at least one Sim based on myself in a town, I generally imagine that the whole setting is somewhere in England (and gloss over the differences ;) )
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited April 2011
    No, I never do that. My sims are all from Simland.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    hjv9hjv9 Posts: 1,059 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'm from England! :mrgreen:
    But I really love the USA (my favourite country), so I just have them like they're American which they are anyway lol.
    BTW- I'm innuendo19 but this is my new account.
    PS- these are crumpets-
    http://sandalsandsocks.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/24/crumpets_180.jpg
    They're like round toast!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think that it's okay to pretend. No harm done. I haven't really done that with the Sims 3, but I did do it occasionally with the Sims 2. :-)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited April 2011
    I like to pretend my sims are from Japan, that's my favorite country (and you can imagine my shock and sadness when I heard about the earthquake and stuff... but that's sad stuff)

I give them Japanese names and dress them in Japanese uniforms. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RavinOrvilleRavinOrville Posts: 179
    edited April 2011
    I'm from England but after reading an watching the entire series of Trueblood then reading and seeing a Street Car Named Desire I can't help but imagine everyone and everything being from Louisiana
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I do that a lot.
    Tons of different countries...
    I pretend my favorite sim is from Germany, but now she lives in Alaska.

:lol:
  • Options
    ViceManViceMan Posts: 23 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Cor blimey guv 'cause we all talk like this over 'ere don't we. Everyone in England is a 19th century 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ragamuffin, right? :D

[/sarcasm]

There's no such thing as a "British accent" anyway, there are regional dialects yes, but they can vary from county to county and even from city to city. As is the case in America, but i'm sure I don't need to explain that.
  • Options
    InkHoundeInkHounde Posts: 200
    edited April 2011
    dczwG.jpg"width=600"

crumpets ^
    they taste blo0dy awful, they're like a cross between waffles and pancakes.

i like to pretend lots of my female sims are from other european countries - just with good american accents ;)
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited April 2011
    I've never even thought about it. Hmm. Now I will. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Does anyone know - is a crumpet what we Americans call an "English muffin?" That's what it looks like! If so, those are really good. :-)

This made me laugh for personal reasons - it reminds me of my sister. When she was little, she was unnaturally obsessed with the Spice Girls, and I think she was convinced that she was British, because she spoke in a British accent all of the time. She still does that - at least once a day she breaks into a British accent, and she is 20 years old. :lol: It makes me wonder if she does this with her sims. If she ever rolls out of the bed, I will ask her.

I don't think anyone should see this as offensive. I am from the Southern US, and I wouldn't get offended if someone said they thought of their sims talking in a Southern accent - while sitting in the trailer park, walking around in their bare feet, and watching NASCAR. I'm not like that...but some people from here ARE. :lol:

• Options
    hjv9hjv9 Posts: 1,059 New Member
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    Does anyone know - is a crumpet what we Americans call an "English muffin?" That's what it looks like! If so, those are really good. :-)

This made me laugh for personal reasons - it reminds me of my sister. When she was little, she was unnaturally obsessed with the Spice Girls, and I think she was convinced that she was British, because she spoke in a British accent all of the time. She still does that - at least once a day she breaks into a British accent, and she is 20 years old. :lol: It makes me wonder if she does this with her sims. If she ever rolls out of the bed, I will ask her.

I don't think anyone should see this as offensive. I am from the Southern US, and I wouldn't get offended if someone said they thought of their sims talking in a Southern accent - while sitting in the trailer park, walking around in their bare feet, and watching NASCAR. I'm not like that...but some people from here ARE. :lol:
    haha lol! :mrgreen:
    And no, crumpets aren't what you guys call english muffins. They're different, we have them here too but just call them muffins.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, I just think it'd be neat because in movies I have heard people say "Would you lahk some tay ahnd crompehts?" :lol:

No-one in England sounds like that :lol: Mary Poppins has a LOT to answer for..

Sims are kinda foreign anyway right? I mean, they speak Simlish. They're either foreign, or aliens lol
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Felicia - no they aren't like that. I actually love crumpets. My little boy loves them too. Whenever we go home to Australia I eat tons of them ... dripping with tons of butter and honey :D
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    I used to do that in TS2.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I must be lacking in imagination - I don't even think of any particular country when I play the sims ... one of the reasons I don't want holidays and such for them - to me they wouldn't celebrate the same holidays as we would.
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    *lol* Thanks, guys. I always wonder stuff like that, but I don't know any British people IRL to ask stuff like this. They sound good to me. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Nah, I don't do that. I don't know why.

I actually had crumpets earlier :P Haa :)
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    *lol* Thanks, guys. I always wonder stuff like that, but I don't know any British people IRL to ask stuff like this. They sound good to me. :mrgreen:

They're ok, prefer muffins though :D
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

They're ok, prefer muffins though :D

*Peaks in*

Carrot muffins! I'm eating one right now sneaky.gif

*Leaves*
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

My dad was a Brit - even though my accent is Australian, I have been told it has undertones of the British accent thrown in ... I wonder if undertones of my mother's Japanese accent are there too :lol: