Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A meteor just hit my sim's school! A whole generation lost.

Comments

• Options
    purnkle800purnkle800 Posts: 325
    edited March 2011
    LMAO I'm sorry but I just found this really funny! Hope you build your generation back up, though! :)

Also, the monument idea is pretty cool.
  • Options
    SherryBombSherryBomb Posts: 26
    edited March 2011
    AWESOME!
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited March 2011
    Frn0731 wrote:
    Sometimes it just pays to skip school. :lol:

^^ This :thumbup:
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    SecularTheocracySecularTheocracy Posts: 232 New Member
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited March 2011
    MsMidolUSA wrote:

Please show us a picture of the monument that you make for the lost children.

Yes, please! It's such a good idea to build one.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    PinkStuffedMonkeyPinkStuffedMonkey Posts: 1,063 New Member
    edited March 2011
    ...what brilliant programer thought that they should leave THAT as a possibility? Hitting the school? Really?
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Oh wow! That's sooo sad :( Please post a picture of the monument you make! I've got hitten with a meteor in China but I got the mom and the daughter out of the way but the dad was the one under it so he didn't make it.. so much for a fun vacation.. :?
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Oh wow! That's sooo sad :( Please post a picture of the monument you make! I've got hitten with a meteor in China but I got the mom and the daughter out of the way but the dad was the one under it so he didn't make it.. so much for a fun vacation.. :?
  • Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited March 2011
    wow i've never had that happen to me before, but that would just **** me off.

mostly because i focus more around the children/teens throughout the town when i play, so there's plenty of sims up for choosing when it comes to wanting to start a new generation.
  • Options
    CoolosimmmmCoolosimmmm Posts: 329
    edited March 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    Frn0731 wrote:
    Sometimes it just pays to skip school. :lol:

*Like*

I know right? I have a sim that will skip on her own when theres a crowd to get in. She just goes and plays her guitar. Now, im not mad at her (lol)

Take a look at this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/358221.page

I feel for you two! :cry: Meteor showers won't be happening to me anytime soon. i had uninstalled my games and then reinstalled, and now when i install ambitons back, the launcher stops working. (Before i can access it.) So for me to be able to play at all, ambitons is staying uninstalled. :shock: More sadness..
  • Options
    Rud3Rud3 Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2011
    darn =/
  • Options
    DanielrocxsDanielrocxs Posts: 96 New Member
    edited March 2011
    AHA. an example of the stupidity of Sims. Not the game, but the Sims. In the Sims 3 for PS3 wen u use the fire storm karma power, (I like to use it in Central Park so that things can catch on fire)
    The Sims just continue on wat their doing, until a fire brakes out. Then they drop everything and run to the fire and strt screaming and pointing. Hopefully in the SIms 4 EA should make Sims more aware of their sorroundings, we should also be able to control the weather, like.... MAKING IT RAIN METEORS!!! >:D
    BTW wen i mean more aware of their sourroundings I mean that wen there's an earthquake or fire, they would react and start to run around a scream, cops, fire departments, and other rescuers try to save the Sims...
    Sims die, and their bodie ARE NOT instantly taken by the Grim Reaper. Also I wan the Graphics to be just like the kind un the Sims 2.
    :D
  • Options
    rainstormedrainstormed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2011
    That really sucks. I'm sorry you lost all those sims.

On the other hand, I've been waiting for a meteor strike forever. I really want one!
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited March 2011
    Awww, sorry about your sims :( I've heard of meteors hitting schools before..
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2011
    That is so sad, I've had a small shower hit a house ,but not anywhere else. The whole town has lost a generation.
  • Options
    NicoleamoralNicoleamoral Posts: 977 Member
    edited March 2011
    This happened to me today. I lost 9 Sim children/teens. Sunset Valley is still recovering from the loss of them. Also, one of the children that died was my Sim family's youngest daughter. It was a sad day in their house.

I still can't believe a meteor hit my school. Of all the places to hit in Sunset Valley, it hit THE SCHOOL. :shock:

I use Swagbucks to earn gift cards to pay for my Sims games! B)
    swagbucks.com/refer/NicM87
  • Options
    KyleiighKyleiigh Posts: 171
    edited March 2011
    I had it hit the hospital but I had a few sims covered in black dust but I didn't notice any deaths or the grim reaper hanging about...

Sorry for your loss though...
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited March 2011
    for me its always the stadium that get hit. if you build a monument that will still get hit one day so Take care not to make it a hang out or hot spot
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited March 2011
    Awww man :( I'm sorry that happened to you.

but...

I WANT IT TO HAPPEN IN MY GAME D:

:twisted: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2011
    Awhh that sucks so badly =(
  • Options
    GeezerPunkGeezerPunk Posts: 131
    edited March 2011
    ...what brilliant programer thought that they should leave THAT as a possibility? Hitting the school? Really?

Tragedies happen in real life. The Sims is a simulation game so I think that it should be in there too.

There were more disasters in the Sim City franchise even Godzilla could show up. If you feel strongly about this, suggest a "no disasters cheat in the next update.

Personally, I feel that it adds more realism. I would like to see more of this type of thing (terrorism, earthquakes (all due sympathies to the Japanise peope - You are in my prayers), fatal diseases, etc.) But I also think that there should be things like road construction, parades, etc.)

Just my 0.02§

GeezerPunk

• Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Aww man that sucks, especially as you knew some of them :(
    And yes, I know others had said, but please show pictures of the monument!
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2011
    :shock:

I don't know if I should be sad for you or jealous nothting this game changing ever happens in my town?!?!?
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited March 2011
    Wow I wish that would happen to me, only once when my sims was driving a car, but the meteor missed her.
  • Options
    thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    edited March 2011
    Well, the final tally was 19 dead, and another 4 who had died but had whatever trait that the reaper takes pity on them and let them live again. :(