Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Private Schools?

EA please bring back the private school and school master. I miss sending my sim kids to private school. I know some people want the sims university back, well they could make them have a certain coursework they have to take instead of just homework. Maybe they could get speical books for skill points, like the toddler books. And if they study hard and get good grades, then when they graduate they have the skill points/friends/etc.. they need for a job they want, and can start at higher level in their job fields.

Comments

• Options
    filmordiefilmordie Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2011
    Also it would be nice to play pranks ont he head master, like tp their house or something.
  • Options
    balthasaur28000balthasaur28000 Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2011
    I was just thinking about this. I'd like to see the private school option, and the university as well, if it's possible. The Sims 3: School EP.

Perhaps university could be a not just a young adult option but an option for adults as well. taking half of their 'lifespan' for that age to complete.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    What I do is just dress the children/teens that I want to be in a private school in private school uniforms and just pretend that they are in private schools. Imagination FTW! That said, it would be nice if they bought it back. I miss inviting the head master over. That, and for the reasons that you've stated :D

Inspired by this thread I've gone ahead and uploaded the uniform colour scheme that I like to use in my game. I needed that push, thanks. I'm currently thinking about doing some more up later. So feel free to drop by my page and try them out with your imagination. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Tracykatlady There are heaps on the exchange, just pick your colours and a way you go! Or make your own to suit your style (like I did). It's better than nothing. :D

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2011
    i too would like to see the private school option brought back also the ea private uniforms but with options to change the colours for both teens and children also they could add that if your child gets high enough grades they automatically gain entry to private school the mayor could annouce that if your gets on the hounor roll they get a exclusive scholarship to private academy and the parents get a list of what their child will require for school
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think we will be seeing the return of the old headmaster in Sims 3: Generations :)
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tracy cute uniforms. I might download those, later today. I seen that they are coming out with Generations, or at least the system requirements are up on this website. I hope they make another school, if they do bring back the private school. It would make absolutely no sense to have them all go to the same school building.

With that being said, I have a wish list!

1. School rivalries and pranks
    2. Bring on the school mascots
    3. Sport team
    4. Bring back the cheerleader outfits and letterman jackets (jackets would be great if they are adding weather to this game)
    5. I think i said this in another thread, but they could program the rabbit hole schools to have graduations and proms (sims just disapear for a few hours and come back with high moods)
    6. Rival school children who have the inapropriate or daredevil traits could have the opportunity to crash said proms.
    7. New prankster trait
    8. I want the violin and the ballet bar back!!! (matter of fact I want my sim kids to be able to play at least the paino)

• Options
    cornpuffscornpuffs Posts: 785 New Member
    edited March 2011
    here is a fashion/model university idea that combined with your ideas could be so amazingly awesome!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/277040.page
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Great idea, I'll sign. I also have this idea.

Open up the Private high school. I know that this may never happen, but hear me out. The way to get into private school is you recieve an invite to entertian the headmaster in your home. This is only issued to sim children who are on honor for 3+ days and have this option appear two days before they age up to teen. Should they accpet, as in the sims 2, the headmaster comes to the home for dinner. Everything goes right they recieve full scholarship to get in. If the headmaster has a terrible time, wealth parents can bribe the headmaster at the end.

The school could be designed with classrooms, that are the rabbit holes. Only the common areas like the bathrooms, cafeteria, and hallways are open for interaction. The classrooms are rabbit holes. Sim teens have three classes they go to a day. And each room represents a certian class. They have 30 sim minutes in between classes to hang out in the hallways, go eat at the cafeteria, or go to the bathroom, or sneak into classrooms to play pranks on teachers (think stink bombs). before they go to their next class. If they are late to that class they can get caught by the hall monitor and be sent to headmasters office (fun mood is drained).

The private school is much like the sims 2 university in they have speific degree programs they can choose to take. Each degree has certian courses you have to take. Instead of homework, because they have term papers they have to write. They also need to have certian skill levels to complete the course.

Elementary school would just be the regular rabbit hole. But they could go on field trips to tour different buildings.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think they should do and a child/teen ep, and that is that! Maybe that could be the one with pets in it.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2011
    filmordie wrote:
    Tracy cute uniforms. I might download those, later today. I seen that they are coming out with Generations, or at least the system requirements are up on this website. I hope they make another school, if they do bring back the private school. It would make absolutely no sense to have them all go to the same school building.

3. Sport team
    4. Bring back the cheerleader outfits and letterman jackets (jackets would be great if they are adding weather to this game)
    5. I think i said this in another thread, but they could program the rabbit hole schools to have graduations and proms (sims just disapear for a few hours and come back with high moods)
    6. Rival school children who have the inapropriate or daredevil traits could have the opportunity to crash said proms.
    7. New prankster trait
    8. I want the violin and the ballet bar back!!! (matter of fact I want my sim kids to be able to play at least the paino)

Why thank you :) I agree with all of that above. I almost forgot about the ballet bar. Maybe there could also be ballet lessons at the school. That would be cute ^^
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    filmordie wrote:

3. Sport team
    7. New prankster trait

Why thank you :) I agree with all of that above. I almost forgot about the ballet bar. Maybe there could also be ballet lessons at the school. That would be cute ^^

Yes!!! you could hire a sim tutor to teach sim kids ballet lessons or piano lessons. The evil ballet teacher, I love it!
  • Options
    Paulio2Paulio2 Posts: 331
    edited March 2011
    Private school would be a great thing for the new Generations EP. I also am really hoping they will release a university at some point in the future.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited March 2011
    I want to see private School come back, but I don't like that you had to pretty much bribe the Head Master to get in, that felt so sleazy to me. I'd prefer that Kids and Teens would have to study and take an entrance exam to get in. I mean inviting the head master to improve relationship would still be a nice idea, but I'd rather the little simmies work to get into private school.
  • Options
    CairoDiamondCairoDiamond Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    I love the idea about three classes and rabbit holes and bellet and whatnot. I CAN'T WAIT FOR UNIVERSITY TO cOME OUT
  • Options
    Iamnotanugget123Iamnotanugget123 Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    Sims 3 School's Out! (Ironic title..)

I had this idea during sims 2. Backpacks, skateboards, pranks. Summer break, etc. Also maybe some events like Science Fair, etc.

This EP could have private schools, and maybe to push it even further.... UNIVERSITIES!

(I forgot all my other ideas xD Sorry)
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2012
    they put in apr excellence prep school in the sims three town life but if you have both the private and public school in a you get two school buses but when they age up they only get one bus
  • Options
    AshwinsimmakerAshwinsimmaker Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Its good that the children are not needing a boring headmaster, but, I loved uniforms! How I wish that the uniforms could be added to Sims 3 and Also a nice building for a private school, not a boring one (community school for the gifted).
  • Options
    bezzieno1bezzieno1 Posts: 52
    edited October 2012
    I love the idea of private schools in the Sims 3! I always try to get my child Sims to dress like they go to a private school, like shirts and ties. It's a shame that there's no way to get a private school, unless you have an expansion pack then edit the town to have two schools. I don't actually know if that works, but I should try it! It probably wouldn't work, because you can't choose where your Sims can go... :cry: They should add home-schooling in as well! That would be amazing! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss the private school. :cry:

Maybe we should be able to choose if existing RH schools are private or public? I'd like the SN school to be private.

Perhaps the 'Fort Knome Military School' and 'LeFromage Art School' should be real residential schools that sims can visit? If they linked the worlds and made them visitable somehow, perhaps we could have a campus world with these lots included in them?

I'd like to be able to customize the uniform and set it for all sims automatically.

I miss inviting the snobby headmaster to dinner.

Perhaps these things should come with the uni e.p?
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss the private school.

Maybe we should be able to choose if existing RH schools are private or public? I'd like the SN school to be private.

Perhaps the 'Fort Knome Military School' and 'LeFromage Art School' should be real residential schools that sims can visit? If they linked the worlds and made them visitable somehow, perhaps we could have a campus world with these lots included in them?

I'd like to be able to customize the uniform and set it for all sims automatically.

I miss inviting the snobby headmaster to dinner.

Perhaps these things should come with the uni e.p?
    With the exception of the visiting headmaster, all of this is already possible. It's called Twallan's Careers mod. Using this mod with his Story Progression is the best solution to have private schools in town, instead of sending your sim kids to the off screen EA rabbit holes.

All of your sim teens are elibible to able to attend private school in the town at designated rabbit holes (e.g. Military Academy is at the Military rabbit hole etc). You can customize uniforms for them to wear in CAS and they'll change into it if you want. You can even home school your sim kids if you want. Or set the cost of attending the different academies around town, or how much rich sim families have to pay over poor ones, or change the cost of attending the school rabbit hole from free to whatever private school cost you want. etc. etc.

This mod is also especially useful for eliminating the amount of crowding/routing issues when all the townie kids try to enter the town's school rabbit hole every school morning. EA already included private school feature in the vanilla game with GEN. It's very unlikely they'll add this feature again in the future for the TS3 series. So you might want to check out this particular mod at the Nraas site. :-)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited October 2012
    Private school and what's in Generations (Boarding school) are two different things.

Private school-school you go to during the day (like "regular school) but you come back home after school. A private school doesn't include lodging

Boarding school a place where you go to school and stay there during the school year expect for holidays and summer (ie. Harry Potter)

don't confuse the two things.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited October 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    Private school and what's in Generations (Boarding school) are two different things.

Private school-school you go to during the day (like "regular school) but you come back home after school. A private school doesn't include lodging

Boarding school a place where you go to school and stay there during the school year expect for holidays and summer (ie. Harry Potter)

don't confuse the two things.

Whaaat?

Private school is only 'private' because one has to pay to attend. It has nothing to do with the lodgings. We have several private schools in the UK which allows the sudents to board or go home at the end of the day!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes but people keep calling Gens school "private schools" and that's what they aren't. They're specify call Boarding schools in Generations.

and where I am private school means the kids come home AFTER school.(ie. Catholic private school..that's the only example I know of)

Boarding School=means they stay away during the school year unless its summer/holidays. There's one of this right in my home town.

Too me they aren't the same thing.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited October 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    Yes but people keep calling Gens school "private schools" and that's what they aren't. They're specify call Boarding schools in Generations.

and where I am private school means the kids come home AFTER school.(ie. Catholic private school..that's the only example I know of)

Boarding School=means they stay away during the school year unless its summer/holidays. There's one of this right in my home town.

Too me they aren't the same thing.

Yes, I get that in game they are boarding schools and not private. But again, a school is only a private school if you have to pay to attend. Boarding schools, in a sense, ARE private schools because you have to pay to attend most of them. (With the exeption of scholorships)

Being a private school has absolutly nothing to do with whether the children stay or come home at the end of the day. It's down to the fact parents have to PAY to send their children to that school.

Catholic schools are a completely different matter, they are not 'private schools' in the way you seem to think they are. You have to be a catholic to attend a catholic school. Some don't even charge you fee's either.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Only YOU and others are calling them "private schools" everyone else is calling them Boarding schools since they DON'T come home during the school year.

If they really WERE private schools, the kids would come home after school but they don't (ie Sims 2)

How about we just agree to disagree?
    6adMCGP.gif