Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on the March sets?

Comments

• Options
    PoseurgothPoseurgoth Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2011
    These are some of the best sets I've seen in months. I especially like the japanese fashion set. Adults really do dress like that in Japan where youth and innocence is rabidly desired for women. As someone else mentioned earlier, the Japanese fashion magazine FRUITS focuses on styles like this.

I like the future set, and will be using it in any ***** punk households I happen to create. They really need some clothing for this though. Hopefully something similar to what was worn in the old EC Weird Science comics as well as the Jetsons.

I'm buying the whole compilation pack.
  • Options
    MistryssNiteMistryssNite Posts: 41 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Of course, I'd love for the clothes to fit on the teens. But just so y'all know, in Japan many adults DO wear Harajuku fashion (some, maybe just on the weekend or for fun). :-o I think the style is more for older teens and adults than young teens. Teens usually wear their school uniform when out and about. Now that I think about it, I wish they added a cool school uniform. And finally I have some good male outfits. I've been having a hard time styling my guys. I just wish some of the female outfits would fit on the men as well.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2011
    I like making themed sims and lots so these would be of great use to me but I'll have to wait till they're on the DD
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    gelflinggelfling Posts: 97 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I like the Spyglass bathroom set except for the mirror which is just too kitsch for me. The male clothes in that ghastly clothing set are palatable whereas the female clothes made me reach for the eye-bleach. They must have hired one of those Fail Artists from TSR to make this month's clothing set. ;)

I liked the clutter from the Futureshock kitchen set from last month but only like the bookcase from the Living set. I find the Futureshock set in general to be woefully 'meh' but not as woeful as the absence of any free items this month.
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited March 2011
    On Street Couture: Not to my taste. It looks like an idea that died an untimely death by an incurable case of Trying Too Hard.

The symptoms, here, seem to be the onset of multiple artists with slightly conflicting ideas on what the specific style should entail, leading to the equivalent of gangs tagging the same wall over and again to claim supremacy in an area. You see, gangs will often tag (spray paint a logo) onto a wall or local structure to claim the area as their turf. A competing gang may then overwrite that tag with one of their own. "No, no, dear sir, you seem to be mistaken. This particular location is under the watch of OUR gentlemen's association."

In THIS case we seem to have individuals who couldn't seem to agree on whether the style would be in the vein of Japanese pop, or in a manga/anime direction. One drew up the style, then the next guy tagged with his/her details, and then vice versa until they simply ran out of time and had to turn in the design that never ended.

At least, that's MY take on it.

- Hans
  • Options
    JessSpoon92JessSpoon92 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I like the Future Shock stuff, but I don't think I'd ever buy it, even though it's on my wishlist. I like modern a bit more than futuristic.

The Through the Spy Glass stuff is so skewed and colorful, I just love it. I might buy it when they have an entire set in the future.

Street Couture is so !@#$#@! cute. I'd buy it if I had Sims in mind who would wear it. It's kind of expensive, though, eh? Lots of polys, maybe?
  • Options
    cacove43cacove43 Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2011
    innuendo19 wrote:
    I am also very dissapointed with them.

I too am dissapointed. I was hoping for more frontier sets, what i dont get is the clothes this time look like there for kids but and i didnt read before i bought, is for adults, and why cant they do one set like the future shock do a whole theme instead of mixing it up i really liked it when they go by themes.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2011
    Wow, I am Super impressed with this months sets and Love all 3!

I'm SO glad I waited and didn't buy the 20's jazz sets, and saved the simpoints for the march sets! It isn't that I don't like the jazz sets, I do, Especially I want those barstools. But - I think the thrill of the 20's era gone by would wear thin fast for me.

I think EA outdid themselves this time with that "harajuka street wear". It's freaking adorable! I'm surprised Ea did those amazingly complicated hairstyles. LOL. I would probably never in a million years wear that myself IRL, maybe in another (sim) lifetime. Can't Wait to strut down the street wearing one as a simmie!

The spyglass set ,(the first one) I Didn't Even Like when they first put it up. But then I saw some threads where people recolored and decorated with it , and I decided to buy it. Now of course, I have to have the bathroom, and it is adorable in it's own way. I'm happy they started doing stuff that is more - unique, far out there, different.

And the future shock set? I totally love sci-fi , ultra modern , super futuristic, jetson's so this is it for me. A hot tub! An aquarium, computer, Especially the star trek looking chess set. A lot of the items I cannot even discern What they are until I read the description, and look at it for awhile! So Cool!
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2011
    I like them, shame I can't afford the points at the moment :cry: I need to save what I have to go towards Outdoor Living Stuff and whatever expansion pack four turns out to be, lol.

Well, I wouldn't mind the Through The Spyglass set but I can't see myself using it so it's a no from me there. I adore the Street Couture set and the futureshock sets (it's nice to see they're expanding it!). It would be nice if the Street Couture set also had elements for teens and children, that would make it much more appealing.

So far my favorite sets have been (in no particular order):

Ultra Lounge
    Indulgent Living - I love this! My sims are loving the sexy bedroom furniture and lingerie!
    Regal Living - My first set!
    Futureshock
  • Options
    monocerotis13monocerotis13 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think I'm in the minority, but I love all the stuff! The Alice set I will use for kids. The clothes I'm going to try out for my superstar Sims. The future stuff took me a while to warm up to, but after buying the kitchen last month and recolouring it I really like it so I'm pleased to add the living room stuff. I adore the new hot tub, very steampunkish. But 30 bucks for the whole compilation is definitely hard on the wallet! Fortunately, I have a hubby who understands my addiction, it's myself who wrestles with whether to buy it all or not...my sane self says no, my addiction says do it, do it :mrgreen:

You're not in the minority, I love them too! The futureshock stuff I really like, if you recolour you can get a lot of different looks- same with the bathroom set- and I'm way way over 12! :lol:
    The clothing wasn't my kind of thing though, so I didn't get that, but I might get one of the hairs.
    'No I'm from Iowa- I only work in outer space' James Tiberius Kirk
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think they are abit Meh. The sets are too stylized, but could see adding the themes to some kinds of carnival community lot or something?
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hum, I wasn't that impressed.

The street couture set I'd have to see some in-game pictures of to better understand them. But since people have mentioned they are adult wear, I don't think I can do much with them unless I make a crazy/insane adult wear them.

Future Shock Living didn't seem my taste either. I liked a few pieces of the kitchen set when I saw other's recolor them. I think I only took two items from it. But this living set, I couldn't see anything I liked.

Through the Spy Glass Bathroom didn't go over well either, in my book. Like other's mentioned the only thing I liked was the toothbrush holder and the towel rack. Besides that it was too themed for my game. I think it would look stupid if I did up a bathroom in my modern homes.

For me, I'd like to see more items that are tastefully modern or classic for decorating sim homes. I really enjoy spending my time on the decorating aspect of the game.
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2011
    i wanna purchase street couture set BUT i only have 920 sim points and i really don't wanna spend 10 bucks more so i'd have that extra 30 sim points to buy it... MEH!
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I think all of this stuff is just awful. I wouldn't want it for free.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't understand a lot of people say they love the new clothing set, but I am almost sure they would not like them if some of the clothing were long dresses rather then short. I think they would look much better if they were longer. They look to much like victorian clothing, yet no one seems to like that period. This puzzles me as to why they like them at all.
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited March 2011
    Trufan1 wrote:
    The Wonderland bathroom one looks amazing. A wonderland bathroom, who'dve thought ey? The future living set is much better then the kitchen set. The clothing set is pretty cool too. It's gonna be hard to wait for them to be on the DD. I'll have a job by then so yays! :P

I was expecting children clothes in the street set, and 3 out of the 4 dresses don't seem all that flattering from the sample pics, but the rest of the set looks really nice. Finally, goth boots for guys *hopes they go with the ripped jeans from loud Fast Clash*! Boo at the 75 cost though, what's with that?. And the wedges! My girl sims drool at the sight!

The sets are definitely getting better each month.

EDIT: Good thing adult hair is also used for teens, so atleast teens can benefit a little bit :wink:

...and those sassy elders :lol:

I'd also like to add that I think the Street Couture set kind of compliments the Wonderland sets. I could see a wacky dressed sim living in a wacky furnished house lol
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2011
    candy8 wrote:
    I don't understand a lot of people say they love the new clothing set, but I am almost sure they would not like them if some of the clothing were long dresses rather then short. I think they would look much better if they were longer. They look to much like victorian clothing, yet no one seems to like that period. This puzzles me as to why they like them at all.

because those are type of fashion that some people wear in rl
    harajuku_fashion_ravers.jpg

harajuku-lolita-styles.jpg

harajuku_03.jpg
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2011
    Mashimar0 wrote:
    candy8 wrote:

because those are type of fashion that some people wear in rl
    harajuku_fashion_ravers.jpg

harajuku-lolita-styles.jpg

harajuku_03.jpg

And those fashions happen to look more like costumes than street wear, fadish. And that would get more of a teenage following. Look at the people around them in the first photo and the last.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2011
    And those fashions happen to look more like costumes than street wear, fadish. And that would get more of a teenage following. Look at the people around them in the first photo and the last.
    The one in the middle looks like Little Bo Peep, without her sheep.

Yes, more like costumes, not clothes.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    The one in the middle looks like Little Bo Peep, without her sheep.

Yes, more like costumes, not clothes.

I was thinking the same thing.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2011
    This will only see the light of day on my teen sims. :P
    Screenshot-471.jpg

Screenshot-475.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited March 2011
    CK213 - Your sim looks so cute! But very unhappy. :lol:

My girls, on the other hand, loved it.

Screenshot-1.jpg

The hat and hair on the purple one is CC, though. I didn't think that the hair with all of the barrettes worked with that dress. (oh, and the stockings too) :mrgreen:

Maybe I am weird, but I had lots of CC items that went perfectly with this set.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2011
    Street Couture:
    Although this clothing style is very specific I like a few selected pieces of the female attire and one hairstyle. However, I don't like the male clothing at all.

Through the Spy Glass - bathroom:
    I like the set a lot. I'd like to have it to create a bathroom for the children - especially for my female celebrity children.

Futureshock Living:
    It's just not my style. I don't like it at all, but this was the same with the kitchen.

Conclusion:
    The March-2011-sets are themed very specific, but in a totally different way. I like that the Store-team tries to find new themes and stuff that hasn't been included in The Sims before. Nevertheless: People who are looking for "normal" stuff have to wait for next month's sets.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    letitshine0nletitshine0n Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    I just bought the Alice in Wonderland theme, but Im trying to figure out where to get that wallpaper! Does anyone know?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2011
    I just bought the Alice in Wonderland theme, but Im trying to figure out where to get that wallpaper! Does anyone know?

The grey wavy checkered?
    Thumbnail_300x300.jpg
    I've seen the pattern in create-a-style. It's black and white.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds