Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game Runs Great! A Non-Complaint Thread

Comments

• Options
    Vinny433Vinny433 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    game works perfect for my, no lag or crashes at all.

But when i started it doesnt show up any spaces where i can build my own house... is this the same with everyone? i was forced to buy a little house i don't like.
  • Options
    pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm running a 2007 Al iMac 2.8ghz w/4gig ram and ATI HD2600 graphics chip. OSX 10.5.7

Sims3 is running VERY smoothly for me using the default game settings. Compared to Sims2 the game play is like night and day. No choppiness, no crashes and the uniform timeline throughout the neighbourhood and sims is a blessing.
  • Options
    jrlegaultjrlegault Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    simfan453 wrote:
    I am having so many problems with mine!
    I have the lowest settings and it's horrible and choppy, and it takes 5 mins just to have a sim get from one place to another.
    I have it on higher setting and it does the same!
    Can anyone please help me??

2 Ghz Intel Core Duo
    1 GB 6676 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Aty Radeon x1600

I could be wrong but I think it needs 2GB of RAM to work properly :(

I love the mac version, I was so happy when they announced a same-day launch and in canada to boot! (I think we only have like five apple stores in the country lol).

My specs:
    2009 macbook
    leopard 10.5.7
    2 ghz intel core 2 duo
    2 gb 1067 mhz ddr3
    1 processors, 2 cores
    nvidia geforce 9400m video card

i love the new video cards on these things :) has the mac outpaced the pc for this game? it seems like there is more mac success than pc
  • Options
    BlissEBlissE Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    jrlegault wrote:
    simfan453 wrote:
    I have the lowest settings and it's horrible and choppy, and it takes 5 mins just to have a sim get from one place to another.

2 Ghz Intel Core Duo
    1 GB 6676 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Aty Radeon x1600

I could be wrong but I think it needs 2GB of RAM to work properly :(

I love the mac version, I was so happy when they announced a same-day launch and in canada to boot! (I think we only have like five apple stores in the country lol).

My specs:
    2009 macbook
    leopard 10.5.7
    2 ghz intel core 2 duo
    2 gb 1067 mhz ddr3
    1 processors, 2 cores
    nvidia geforce 9400m video card

i love the new video cards on these things :) has the mac outpaced the pc for this game? it seems like there is more mac success than pc

I have the same specs as simfan453 and mine works amazingly well! I thought I would be very laggy and have to run low graphics because of the low RAM but I don't.
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    simfan453 wrote:

2 Ghz Intel Core Duo
    1 GB 6676 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Aty Radeon x1600

That is because you are running the game on half the amount of RAM that is recommended for the minimum specifications.

Here is a good place to buy more memory.
    http://www.18004memory.com/browse/cats=9/applemacmemory.asp?
  • Options
    BlissEBlissE Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mutelight wrote:
    simfan453 wrote:

2 Ghz Intel Core Duo
    1 GB 6676 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Aty Radeon x1600

That is because you are running the game on half the amount of RAM that is recommended for the minimum specifications.

Here is a good place to buy more memory.
    http://www.18004memory.com/browse/cats=9/applemacmemory.asp?

I'm not sure if he has an imac or not but I can play with 1gig on my imac with the same graphics card and specs. I think it might be something else.

Simfan, did you have the latest Leopard?
  • Options
    zeemazeema Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bought my Macbook Pro over a year ago, yet I'm still able to run TS3 with all the settings set to maximum.

The game runs fine (my copy actually came through the day before the local release date)...I'm just not as enamoured with the gameplay as I thought I would be...but I'm gonna give it another shot now!

One issue I'm having is with Fullscreen Mode: no matter how I change the settings, I can't seem to get it to stretch fully across my screen. I have a 15" screen, but 2 gutter lines (about 2 cm in width) run down the side.

Probably should've posted this in the Tech section, but I figured it's something really simple to fix so I'm mentioning it here...

Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
    Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT

(I also updated to version 10.5.7) :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    zeema wrote:
    One issue I'm having is with Fullscreen Mode: no matter how I change the settings, I can't seem to get it to stretch fully across my screen. I have a 15" screen, but 2 gutter lines (about 2 cm in width) run down the side.

When you select a resolution in the options area, make sure you select a 16:10 resolution, that will fill your screen.
  • Options
    zeemazeema Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks...I'll give it a try now :)
  • Options
    PeterKaiPeterKai Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My dear Sims 3 also runs quickly and fluently on my Macbook.
    Actually, I was worried about if it can run the game without a powerful display card,
    but the truth proves that it can!

However, I have sth to ask.
    Can we play the game not in the fullscreen mode?
    Because I want to use the MSN at the same time but now, i can't.

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    athinasimsathinasims Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, you can play the game in windowed mode by pressing the Command (Apple) key + Enter!
    MICHAEL JACKSON XSCAPE
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2009
    Leopard 10.5.7
    4GB RAM
    ATI Radeon X2600 HD Pro

My game runs on all high settings. there are some frame-rate issues if I move too fast, but nothing too distracting. I really like my game for the mac!
  • Options
    YouarewonderfulYouarewonderful Posts: 108 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've had a pretty problem-free time, I love it! It lags every once and a while and it did freeze once when I tried to save right after saving, but nothing too bad. My screen is so huge and the game is so pretty! <3

I do seem to have one odd thing happen, though, when I turn off the game, all of my desktop icons are in the middle of my screen o.o Nothing that can't be fixed with a few clicks, but it's just kind of weird XD
  • Options
    newthognewthog Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    athinasims how do I correctly load music? Haven't been able to figure it out...thanks for any help you can offer!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    newthog wrote:
    athinasims how do I correctly load music? Haven't been able to figure it out...thanks for any help you can offer!

Custom music? They need to be MP3 format and then you place them in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Custom Music
  • Options
    strawberrydelightstrawberrydelight Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it is fabbylus - life will never be the same now. I love it! and it is working fine. I've not come away from the Mac since I installed it. Even had my tea in front of the screen. So easy to use and well worth waiting for.
  • Options
    ncrabsncrabs Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having a blast in Riverview.

Imac
    2.4 ghz intelcore 2 duo
    2 gb ram
    Ati 2600 pro (256mb) video card
    Everything automatically set at Medium.

I've had no real problems what so ever.
    To get used to the game, I started with the "Motherlode " money cheat and no career, so that I can leisurely explore the town without major career goal pressures. I love it! :thumbup:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PeterKaiPeterKai Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    athinasims wrote:
    Yes, you can play the game in windowed mode by pressing the Command (Apple) key + Enter!

• Options
    Sammymon2000Sammymon2000 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2009
    At the expense of jinxing myself, my game is running adequately! It's no speed demon, but I can get by, it just lags from time to time.

Blackbook
    2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, and Intel X3100 video card.

That said, as I've mentioned in other threads, I am definitely hoping to get an iMac sometime in the near future with 3.06Ghz and the ATI Radeon HD 4850 card. If only it all wasn't so $$$ :(
  • Options
    MikeMike Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's running fine for me. I ran into the disk authorisation thing once, but I just started it again and it was fine. :shock: Thank goodness.

I get very slight lag, but less than I did with The Sims 2.

I can't wait for them to fix the smoothing and shadows... I can't wait for the game to look like it does in the trailers. :mrgreen:

MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT.
  • Options
    milkcanmilkcan Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow... everyone has such nicer Macs than me, I'm jealous.

I'm running on a 1st edition MacBook Pro:
    1.83Ghz, 2GB RAM and Radeon X1600 video card
    LOL

The game runs like a charm with medium to high graphics. No crashes! :D I did hear that the game works (even more) beautifully with Bootcamp. Anyone try?
  • Options
    Bevo5672Bevo5672 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi everyone!
    I can run sims 3 on my white macbook (2GB ram, 2.1 GHz intel core 2 duo, and the GMA X3100 graphics card) so i have everything that is recommended for minimum settings. I absolutely love the game, its just a shame that the graphics aren't as high as they could be.
    Soooo, the question is, if i upgraded to 4GB of ram do you think i would be able to play on high graphics settings? Even more helpful could anybody post a screenshot of the highest graphics they can run on 4GB of ram with decent gameplay?

Thanks everyone, cant wait for the expansion packs now!
  • Options
    BryanBensingBryanBensing Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine runs just perfect... no issues here

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
    Video: nVidia 880GT
  • Options
    mmc069mmc069 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have an IMac and the game runs beautifully, better than any Sims game I have played on a PC. Can't complain. Thanks EA for a great and enjoyable game.
  • Options
    HaziHazi Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Everything runs great for me. Ever since the day it came out I've had only one minor bug, but it went away once I played again.
    For me, it runs perfectly.(Other than Sims freezing for a brief moment when their running) I didn't try putting the graphics settings on high. I'm too scared to do that.