Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview

I downloaded the patch and all other downloads install fine, but for some reason every time I try to install Riverview it fails. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    elenrod33elenrod33 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the same thing happens to me any one know what to do?
  • Options
    espaarespaar Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same here and from my other friends with macs. are more experiencing the same problem?
  • Options
    MichellynnMichellynn Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't really know a solution, but I have a macbook and I was able to download Riverview just fine. Maybe delete the file, then download it again from the website. Then try installing it.
  • Options
    DostoevskyDostoevsky Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It might just take a while to do its thing. I downloaded riverview and tried installing. It was at 0% for a good long while, so I left it a alone for a bit. Checked back in about 5 minutes and it was done. Might just be a little patience is needed.
  • Options
    YouarewonderfulYouarewonderful Posts: 108 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't download half of the things I buy, including Riverview :/ And it seems to be only certain items, because I've tried DLing them more than once, with nothing, but some other items download just fine..o_o
  • Options
    ljohnson4775ljohnson4775 Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can DL river view but I can't instal it. Then my sound didn't work! So i deleted the file and my sound started working again. So if anyone knows how to fix it that be great.
  • Options
    RaptorRaptor Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The same thing is happening with my mac. I have tried downloading Riverview several times, but no luck. Same with the European sports car. :(
  • Options
    RaptorRaptor Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got it! I guess it has a mind of its own- when i tried downloading it again, it worked. Now for the car..
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    Raptor wrote:
    I got it! I guess it has a mind of its own- when i tried downloading it again, it worked. Now for the car..

Glad to hear you got it working. It happened to work for me the first time but I figure since the game just came out and due to its popularity their servers are getting hammered. For those that are having problems my best recommendation would be to try again a bit later and/or periodically.
  • Options
    WhiskeycloneWhiskeyclone Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Raptor wrote:

I guess so. It's sorta a game of luck. If you can't download it the first time, just try doing it for a second and third.
  • Options
    xceciliaxcecilia Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2009
    i've been trying to install Riverview for about 3 hours last night, it took 2 hours to download (....) and when i finally try to install it with the launcher, the installer did nothing....

(sorry about my english, it's not my first language)
  • Options
    xceciliaxcecilia Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2009
    i am trying to install Rivierview for about 2 hours, but the file in InstalledWorlds (Riverview.tempworld) is stuck at 74.4 mo...

am I the only one who have this problem?
  • Options
    xaenythxaenyth Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was having this problem too and I have a PC. I tried 5 or 6 times but eventually it did install. :shock:
  • Options
    SimGuruAceSimGuruAce Posts: 115 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi jennaxo, were you able to install riverview at all? Please let us know if this is still occurring for you. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    nicknewmannicknewman Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does Riverview run a lot slower than Sunset Valley for everyone else? It certainly does for me.
  • Options
    GrandmaJoyceGrandmaJoyce Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Riverview seems to be running fine for me. I noticed that there is no pond to fish at in Riverview, but discovered that you can fish at the fish hatchery! Cool. I am wanting to catch some fish to put into my pond at home.
  • Options
    voigtstrvoigtstr Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I get "You cannot user download content with this version of The Sims Launcher. Get the full version from the game updates tab"

the updater says "There are no patches available for download"

What next?
  • Options
    mutelightmutelight Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2009
    voigtstr wrote:
    I get "You cannot user download content with this version of The Sims Launcher. Get the full version from the game updates tab"

What next?

If you are running the retail version of the game and have your computer connected to the internet when you open the launcher, a dialog box should pop up asking you if you want to update the game.
  • Options
    SimGuruAceSimGuruAce Posts: 115 New Member
    edited June 2009
    nicknewman wrote:
    Does Riverview run a lot slower than Sunset Valley for everyone else? It certainly does for me.

Hi Nick, the biggest difference is that Riverview will need a longer load time on the initial load. Just like your internet browser uses cache system to speed up performance, after generating and loading the cache it will run as smoothly as Sunset Valley.

This was a clear alternative as suppose to increasing the Riverview file size to like 500MBs :shock: Hope this help. Thanks for trying out RV. If you have any other question feel free to ask 8)

SimGuruAce
  • Options
    TDizzleTDizzle Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I downloaded and installed Riverview with no problems, however, everything after that went wrong. Families I created afterward were somehow corrupt and kept disappearing when I would return to their neighborhood to play them (the active family, not a family that could have just moved). It crashed a few times...

After all of that I decided to uninstall Riverview, and also to delete and then recreate all of the problem families I had created with it installed. That solved the problems. I have no idea how it could have caused all of those issues.
  • Options
    voigtstrvoigtstr Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mutelight wrote:
    voigtstr wrote:

What next?

If you are running the retail version of the game and have your computer connected to the internet when you open the launcher, a dialog box should pop up asking you if you want to update the game.

That's not happening.
    I've uninstalled, repaired permissions, rebooted, reinstalled, and tried again, same deal. Its convinced there are no patches to get. and it wont let me download river view.
  • Options
    soccadelicsoccadelic Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The same thing happens for me! Everything I try to download for my Mac says it's failed. What I do is download the object/whatever multiple (It took me at least 8 tries for Riverview)times, and eventually it is a success! Woo!
  • Options
    jennaxojennaxo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimGuruAce wrote:
    Hi jennaxo, were you able to install riverview at all? Please let us know if this is still occurring for you. Thanks for letting us know.
    i can download it fine, but when i try to install it, it stays at 0% and the installer freezes; i'm going to try installing it again when i get more RAM, could that be what's causing the problem?
  • Options
    kelleyokelleyo Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dunno if anyone else is having this problem and there is probably a very obvious solution that i'm not seeing. i can download and install riverview just fine but i can't play it..am i missing something? thanks for the help :) i'm no computer whiz.
  • Options
    GuigounGuigoun Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    As Kelleyo, I have installed all I had dowloaded on the store without any problem, but when I launch the game, nothing appears. car/clothes/hairs and neither riverview