Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations.....meh....

The new expansion game sounds really lame.....Generations. Why not give us our pets and put all those midlife crisis and pranks in with the game. Ugh....I might skip on this one. Got the info over on snootysims.

Comments

• Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited February 2011
    They haven't even told us anything about it yet. Don't you think you're judging it a little too early?
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Don't judge a book by it's cover...
  • Options
    Riven18Riven18 Posts: 181
    edited February 2011
    I was actually thinking the same thing. I read this other thread where everyone was excited about it but I just felt kind of bummed. I guess I got too excited about the possiblilites. Who knows, it could still be cool but it doesn't sound like there's much to it.
  • Options
    Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    Not to mention the name is probably a place-holder. What was he original name of "Ambitions"? "Hobbies and Professions"?
  • Options
    bdoug24bdoug24 Posts: 527 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Im serously hoping they DONT announce generations as the next EP as you said i would much rather pets or weahter. Either way i will be buying the new expansion :oops: i just want to have the complete collection :)
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2011
    Maybe they will tie in either Pets or Seasons!
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited February 2011
    We dont even know what the whole pack is about!
  • Options
    RockersimgirlRockersimgirl Posts: 1,751 New Member
    edited February 2011
    we know little about it
  • Options
    AllyAlly Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2011
    You never know it could be good! :)
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow really, people are judging a pack they know very little about before EA even officially announces it. As much as I don't like some of things EA does, even I don't do that... :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2011
    We know basically nothing about the EP. Obviously it doesn't sound like there is much to it because all we know is the possible title and a couple of things that are most likely minor features. It might include pets and/or weather or it might have some other big thing. Wait til we actually get an announcement and more details to start complaining about how the pack doesn't have this and that and how its lame.
  • Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited February 2011
    Don't you think it's a bit early to be passing judgement? I think it is. For certain.
  • Options
    Kadaj316Kadaj316 Posts: 383 Member
    edited February 2011
    For God's sake I'm really sick of people saying "It sounds rubbish." It's a rumoured name. EA have told us nothing yet.
    We don't know that it won't include Pets or Weather why can't you just wait and stop speculating?
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited February 2011
    We don't even know anything about it yet!
    It's announced tomorrow apparently so you should just wait until we know the full information before judging :)
  • Options
    skrillex26skrillex26 Posts: 78
    edited February 2011
    It's announced tomorrow apparently so you should just wait until we know the full information before judging :)

Says who? Rumors?
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2011
    Kadaj316 wrote:
    For God's sake I'm really sick of people saying "It sounds rubbish." It's a rumoured name. EA have told us nothing yet.
    We don't know that it won't include Pets or Weather why can't you just wait and stop speculating?

Why don't ppl say that to those going 'It's going to be SO good. I've wanted family interactions forever'? They have the same info the rest of us do but it's ok for them to say it'll include.... but not ok for anybody to pass judgement the other way.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    Coby wrote:
    Wow really, people are judging a pack they know very little about before EA even officially announces it. As much as I don't like some of things EA does, even I don't do that... :lol:

Pretty much. How about instead of making multiple topics about it people go and do something constructive with their time and we can all enjoy/hate it when Tuesday comes when we do/don't get a conformation where we can then make a better, more realistic judgment on the EP. It might not even be called Generations. Shoot, it being announced on Tuesday might not even happen! Think about it..

Also. I don't understand why this thread was created when the creator of the topic could have just expressed their opinion in an already created topic.. Flooding the forums won't do anyone any good. When it happens, it happens. Until then we can't make any REAL judgments. I'm also sick of "I want pets/seasons" - for the love of the Sim God, please stop asking for it. Everyday there are too many new topics about it and it's annoying because it bumps down the topics which are actually interesting and not the same opinions expressed by different people.

I mean, I want pets and seasons but I don't go around making topics which state pretty much what every other player knows and feels. Please look at (as a minimum) the first 3-4 pages of topics before starting a new one. Thanks.
  • Options
    chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited February 2011
    skrillex26 wrote:

Says who? Rumors?
    There is a certain time in this forum (late night EST) when things get all serious, so I hope you don't mind me casually observing that I thought the title of this thread was
    "Generations...men"
    and I thought it was going to be some interesting story.
    And yes, @Skrillex26, I was wondering the same thing, how do they know (first last Friday, now tuesday) that it will be announced at all?
    But then I vaguely remember how someone said, a few thousand posts ago, that some website said that it thought an announcement was imminent.
  • Options
    sims3baybaysims3baybay Posts: 890 New Member
    edited February 2011
    They haven't even told us anything about it yet. Don't you think you're judging it a little too early?
    i second!
  • Options
    Kadaj316Kadaj316 Posts: 383 Member
    edited February 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    Kadaj316 wrote:

Why don't ppl say that to those going 'It's going to be SO good. I've wanted family interactions forever'? They have the same info the rest of us do but it's ok for them to say it'll include.... but not ok for anybody to pass judgement the other way.

Oh no I was just making a point that this is what this thread is about. I completely agree with you that I also wish people who think they know what it's about should stop speculating too.
  • Options
    Jenny2216Jenny2216 Posts: 295 New Member
    edited February 2011
    The name...Generations, it seems like it would be something about previous games. Like maybe bringing something back. Maybe like the wildly popular Pets and Seasons expansions. But no one knows anything for sure yet, so who knows what it'll bring?? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2011
    Kadaj316 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Kadaj316 wrote:

Oh no I was just making a point that this is what this thread is about. I completely agree with you that I also wish people who think they know what it's about should stop speculating too.

My bad then Kadaj. I didn't mean any offence.
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree with people saying it's a bit early yet to judge.
    Each new E.P. gives us loads of new gameplay features and nobody even knows what this will add yet.

I do agree that I'm not that excited over the one line about it I have read. But it could be great and could even include weather etc. we just don't know!
    Looking forward to finding out though :)
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited February 2011
    no matter what it is...i will get it...i don't like being left out....or having an imcomplete game....

my game runs fine...i have everything patched...

course i am one of those that would totally love new interactions...for everyone!!
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    Kadaj316 wrote:

Well at least those of us saying ''Yay'' aren't being total Debbie Downers about it lol. Whats so wrong about speculating or imagining what would be in an expansion pack with the name Generations? Those of us welcoming an expansion that may give us the interactions and family stuff we crave have had to read the same old pets and seasons crap since Sims 3 was released......why can't we have a little dream time too huh?