Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More romantic interactions

Comments

• Options
    TheComicScholarTheComicScholar Posts: 221
    edited February 2011
    Well if there is any truth to the rumor of Generations being the name of the next ep this could actually happen I hope. Most likely a family ep would also add lots of romance and actual dating.

I really hope your info is correct, where did you hear about the name of the EP? Frankly, I really hope it's true mostly from a naming point of view. How awesome does "The Sims 3: Generations" sound :D ?
    A Generations EP would be great also because it could add things like family heirlooms, attachment to the family home, and varying cultures.
  • Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Good news guys! I just looked at a survey for stuff in the Store. Here are some of the new items EA was considering putting in. Note the bear rugs that are the second up from the bottom!
    Capture.jpg

This should be added to the EP not the store :evil:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Citrina5 wrote:
    Good news guys! I just looked at a survey for stuff in the Store. Here are some of the new items EA was considering putting in. Note the bear rugs that are the second up from the bottom!
    Capture.jpg

Where'd this quote come from?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2011
    Well if there is any truth to the rumor of Generations being the name of the next ep this could actually happen I hope. Most likely a family ep would also add lots of romance and actual dating.

I really hope your info is correct, where did you hear about the name of the EP? Frankly, I really hope it's true mostly from a naming point of view. How awesome does "The Sims 3: Generations" sound :D ?
    A Generations EP would be great also because it could add things like family heirlooms, attachment to the family home, and varying cultures.

http://www.simprograms.com/28213/the-sims-3-expansion-4-to-be-announced-shortly/
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Citrina5 wrote:
    Capture.jpg

Where'd this quote come from?

It was listed at simprograms and other places. Can't wait for the bear rug.
  • Options
    PapillonbleuPapillonbleu Posts: 75
    edited February 2011
    I want for my sims to be able to hug from behind. It would also be nice if they could kiss on the cheek it could be something that they could do before they have their first kiss or as a greeting/ farewell.
  • Options
    clairakittyclairakitty Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2011
    Couples should be able to sit down on a chair and lean on the other's shoulder, same chair or not. There should be a hug from behind, where the girl wraps her arms around the guy's shoulders and chest and rests her chin on his shoulder. When they hug there should be a kiss cheek option. Also maybe instead of trying to kiss, hug, cuddle, etc., there could be an 'ask to-' option. Like a girl could choose 'Ask for-' 'hug' and she would hold open her arms and say blee bloo blah or whatever :lol: , and the guy would either hug her or slowly push her arms back down to her sides and shake his head, where the girl would hang her head and look sad. Similar for 'kiss', 'hold hand', 'cuddle', etc. All from me and my boyfriend, he has a cute way of asking for a hug every day before we get out of school. :oops: Anyways... :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Great ideas Claire. Generations has been proved to be the next ep. It got leaked. Generations is the perfect opportunity to add new romantic interactions. I'm hoping hold hands while walking makes it. Imagine your sims walking hand and hand on the beach or into the movie theater.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/346420.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wouldn't it be awesome if places and times of day had romantic "mood levels", high level (a beach, or sunset) means it's easier for romance, low level (a business tower, or lunchtime) means it's harder, even with a significant other. Also, for flirty sims with high charisma, there should be a "get in the mood" interaction, a flirt that makes the other sim jump to "extremely irresistible". This would also be available to married couples/housemates.
  • Options
    clairakittyclairakitty Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow, officially proven! I was expecting Seasons, what with Outdoor Living Stuff, but I can't say I'm disappointed! Anyone know when it comes out?
    Edit: Page 50! This is a milestone :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ah! People who keep making 'pets' and other repetitive nonsense threads are pushing this down! >.<

BUMP! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What if with pets there could be new ways of meeting sims, like if your dog breaks its leash and runs, if it's an attractive sim you catches him, your sim and that sim automatically have a higher relationship level.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    What if with pets there could be new ways of meeting sims, like if your dog breaks its leash and runs, if it's an attractive sim you catches him, your sim and that sim automatically have a higher relationship level.

That would be awesome! Might agree with a pets EP more if they had that sort of thing :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow, officially proven! I was expecting Seasons, what with Outdoor Living Stuff, but I can't say I'm disappointed! Anyone know when it comes out?
    Edit: Page 50! This is a milestone :mrgreen:

It's rumored for May 10th but it will probebly be in June. I hope the trailer shows some new romantic interactions. The announcement is being made Tuesday March 1st. They could still add weather to generations.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have decided not to buy the expansion "generations" unless they add dating and more romantic socials. As much as I love weather and the possibility of more family activities, these things are not going to make the game better. The game NEEDS a dating system and open restaurants.

Sadly, I am tired of getting excited for the expansion and then getting disappointed. I find myself reading this forum more than playing the game. In the sims2, I played the game more and hardly ever read the forums. I will keep checking in, but I think I will stick to playing Sims2.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    keekee53 wrote:
    I have decided not to buy the expansion "generations" unless they add dating and more romantic socials. As much as I love weather and the possibility of more family activities, these things are not going to make the game better. The game NEEDS a dating system and open restaurants.

Sadly, I am tired of getting excited for the expansion and then getting disappointed. I find myself reading this forum more than playing the game. In the sims2, I played the game more and hardly ever read the forums. I will keep checking in, but I think I will stick to playing Sims2.

It makes sense to think that it will add dating. This ep has the potential I hope. I hope they don't let us down this time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    keekee53 wrote:

It makes sense to think that it will add dating. This ep has the potential I hope. I hope they don't let us down this time.

Me too :cry: My faith is a little shaken with the game developers. I am convinced none of them have even played the Sims or Sims2, which is why they do not understand what is missing from the game.

The community cries for weather and pets, but honestly neither will fix the issues with the game. In many cases, I believe it will cause more issues such as less sims more stray dogs or cats. The developers need to work on the Sims, their socials, their activities, etc and less on the environment, such as creating a new neighborhood each expansion pack.

Sorry to rant a little but this game has been my go to game for 10 years when I just wanted to play something relaxing. Now it is more frustrating than relaxing, because it can be so amazing if everything was not half done.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    keekee53 wrote:
    keekee53 wrote:

Me too :cry: My faith is a little shaken with the game developers. I am convinced none of them have even played the Sims or Sims2, which is why they do not understand what is missing from the game.

The community cries for weather and pets, but honestly neither will fix the issues with the game. In many cases, I believe it will cause more issues such as less sims more stray dogs or cats. The developers need to work on the Sims, their socials, their activities, etc and less on the environment, such as creating a new neighborhood each expansion pack.

Sorry to rant a little but this game has been my go to game for 10 years when I just wanted to play something relaxing. Now it is more frustrating than relaxing, because it can be so amazing if everything was not half done.

Yes I can relate to half done. The outings don't work half the time and sims don't even follow yours around and in fact they leave if you don't hang out with them. They don't even sit at the same table most of the time. This makes it hard for storytelling when you want to make it look like 2 sims are on a date. Heck I've even had to use the amourous hug at weddings to make it look like sims are slowdancing. I'd rather use the real thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    keekee53 wrote:
    keekee53 wrote:

Yes I can relate to half done. The outings don't work half the time and sims don't even follow yours around and in fact they leave if you don't hang out with them. They don't even sit at the same table most of the time. This makes it hard for storytelling when you want to make it look like 2 sims are on a date. Heck I've even had to use the amourous hug at weddings to make it look like sims are slowdancing. I'd rather use the real thing.

Agreed...

Honestly, I wish the developers would read your posts and doodlesam's posts. The two of you have the right ideas for the direction of the game. I hope they take notice. :wink:
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I know this was mentioned before, but I'll say it again: Some kind of attraction system! I hate making sims look super hot, yet nothing happens lol. Everybody just goes for whatever. It gets boring that way.
  • Options
    sazjay1975sazjay1975 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I miss the sims 2 romance interactions, and when the sim would pinch or smack the other sims bottom and stuff that was awesome if they had got there in time EA could have brought out an Valentines SP with extra sims romantic interactions and a few decorative things and maybe some other things :0)
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2011
    "Generations," huh? Hopefully they tie in at least Seasons or Pets, I miss Seasons more, though then again if Seasons DID come back... I remember the lag I got on TS2 whenever it rained or snowed or whatever. To hit the whole neighborhood... that scares me, lol! And as a response to the post a few above, I agree, there should be an Attractiveness slider in CAS. The higher it is, the more sims will swoon over them!
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2011
    This wedding kiss NEEDS to come back. Instead of just doing the Romantic kiss for wedding they could do this instead. Or whatnot.

2mxie0l.jpg
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes, the wedding Kiss much return, actually we need proper weddings all together, why not let my Sim cut the cake and feed each other anymore? It is so very cute!

As for this talk of generations I am very much hoping for weather to some into play, Seasons was my favorite EP.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kail16 wrote:
    Yes, the wedding Kiss much return, actually we need proper weddings all together, why not let my Sim cut the cake and feed each other anymore? It is so very cute!

As for this talk of generations I am very much hoping for weather to some into play, Seasons was my favorite EP.

Yes I miss the wedding cake interaction as well
    feedingcake-1.jpg

And Toasting
    toastingtomarriage.jpg

And Slowdancing was essential to a great wedding
    slowdance-1.jpg

And boy how I miss the wedding arch. It made weddings look so much better.
    puttingringonpamshand.jpg