Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

petition for more family stuff

Comments

• Options
    littlelinfordlittlelinford Posts: 673 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bump
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    rotata wrote:
      hopscotch jump-rope merry-go-round rocking horse rocking chair dress-able dolls basketball candy store tricycle "burp" baby more music more educational opportunities on PC more clothing for teen boys

:thumbup: great ideas!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    also, a baby shower, avaliable as soon as it strikes the second day of pregnancy. guests can bring gifts, that will be pink or blue depending on baby. the gifts can include the new objects!
  • Options
    SoosiSoosi Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2011

I totally agree with everything!

It´s so sad how the Sims 3 forgot about the family life. I would more than happy give away the great looking sky to get my baby something to wear. The families are so empty now cause they cant really do anything together anymore.

The Seasons expansion for The Sims 2 had alot of fun family activities like the snow fights and building a snowman. I would like to get similar active things my family can do.

And decorating a nursery with the current stuff is such a joke, I must say.
  • Options
    willy666willy666 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited February 2011
    totaly SIGNED
  • Options
    sandydudleysandydudley Posts: 383
    edited February 2011
    *Signs* Great idea!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yes, and thhe kids could be a bit more naughty (tods can escape from strollers and baths (giving mum the wet moodlet!)
  • Options
    chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited February 2011
    Signed :).
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2011
    Signed!!! I totally agree with all of the aforementioned great ideas. Having kids in the game seems like such an exciting prospect, but once they're born, they're actually quite tedious, as there are hardly any clothes, hairstyles, family interactions, activities or usable objects for ALL ages before teen. It's a shame, because there's so much opportunity to make family life really interesting and dimensional on its own. I love all of the previous posts, and in addition to more actions and objects, I would like to see more realistic interactions between children of all ages and between children and adults. As of right now, all Sim adults can really do with their own kid is chat with them, help them with their homework, or hug them. How realistic is this??? I miss being able to kiss them and tuck them in at night, plus there are a HOST of other interactions that we've never gotten and should get! I love the ideas about school, and I wish they would bring private school back as an option as well. The schools could still be rabbit holes, but Sims could get a selection of different ones to choose to apply to, right up to the most elite. Kids would have to be gifted and parents would have to have plenty of funds for donations and tuition. I love the idea of parent/teacher conferences, and more school activities. I also love the potential of bringing in extra-curriculars, like sports teams, dance and music lessons, etc. Parent Sims could get as involved with these as the game allows; we could have coaches, volunteers, chaperones and soccer moms, for example. I also love the idea of sleepaway camp and activities Sims could send their kid to for days or weeks at a time. Again, these could be rabbit holes, but wouldn't it be nice to get the kids out of the house once in awhile? Maybe it's the fact that there's nothing interesting for them to do, or for families to do together, but it all gets so boring in such a short amount of time. As of now, kids can invite friends to sleep over, but I think they should be able to spend the night at their friends' houses and go away to camps and on school trips, which the parents should have to pay for. We desperately need more hairstyles and outfits for ALL ages of child, and I know I touched upon this above, many more family interactions and activities. Yes, we need stuff that the kids can do by themselves and together, but we also need actions for the whole family as a group. Family game nights, family movie nights at home, family outings beyond going to the park or into a rabbit hole, etc. There is SO much potential, and really, it's not that ambitious! I'm surprised they haven't given us anything yet. I hope it's all coming soon!
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Omg I've been wanting more family interactions for a while now. I love making big families, but its so difficult play them without getting bored.

And I can't help but get excited when my sim kids age up, but I only get dissapointed with the lack of things to do. Its really starting to bug me.

Please bring everything mentioned above into the game, but also more for teens. My teens' lives could be so much more interesting than just doing homework and getting a part time job.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited February 2011
    signed
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree we need to have stuff for the kids to do and just for the family to do together. I think that so far none of the eps have really been about our sims daily lives. The eps have focused on traveling, jobs, and clubs, not really anything for our sims everyday lives. The kids need to have more stuff and more interactions as well as the teens. I think it would be cool to have some games or hobbies that the families could do. Also there needs to be more romantic interactions between sims too. Oh yeah and one last thing, there should be different grade school for kids and teens or maybe just have the option for college. Our sims families really need to be focused on. I mean yeah clubs are alright but they need more fun stuff for the family.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    BurginbabeBurginbabe Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree we need to have stuff for the kids to do and just for the family to do together. I think that so far none of the eps have really been about our sims daily lives. The eps have focused on traveling, jobs, and clubs, not really anything for our sims everyday lives. The kids need to have more stuff and more interactions as well as the teens. I think it would be cool to have some games or hobbies that the families could do. Also there needs to be more romantic interactions between sims too. Oh yeah and one last thing, there should be different grade school for kids and teens or maybe just have the option for college. Our sims families really need to be focused on. I mean yeah clubs are alright but they need more fun stuff for the family.
    **Signed!!!**
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tbh, i dont think EA thought about ppl like us at all. they just focused on party animals and ppl who want to have big jobs!!!
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    Sign :D
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    This needs a bump :D
  • Options
    messycamessyca Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Definitely Sign, we need all these things, I only read the first page so this might have been said before, but It'd be nice If I could bathe my toddler or baby rather than change dipper for hygiene.
  • Options
    sitharositharo Posts: 36
    edited February 2011
    Signed :!:

I dont see much point in playing a family at all. I mean, you couldn't even do much with them on holidays.

I agree 100% with everything said above.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    bump!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    bumpety bump!!

they need to get this stuff in generations!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    added from someone else on diff thread but good idea:

we got 2 cribs, both with 4 comfort.
    what about more items?
    varying cribs with better Energy ratings...
    some small stuffed animals for them to play with in the crib...
    a hanging windmill of things like butterflies, planes, cars, animals, etc to entertain them while they lay in the crib (hang from cieling, or even as parts or attachments to existing cribs
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    objects:
    a wading pool, sandbox, all kinds of cool toys including a ball pit, they have pacifiers, strollers, all kinds of nice nursery items, rocking horses, walkers, and even the infants have nice stuff now such as baby swings, baby gym, cradles, cute changing tables with baby bath sets, mobiles for the crib, infant seat, play mat etc... cool bathing suits for toddlers to swim in the toddler pool. Kiddie kitchen sets with matching tables and chairs for the kids. much more family oriented.

• Options
    debharper17debharper17 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I completely agree 100% with everything everyone has posted here. Atleast for the sake of realism there needs to be better interactions between toddlers, children and teens. If they do decided to add extracurricular activities for children and teens I would love to see more parent involvement like you guys said parents cheering or one parent being the designated soccer parent for a week. Maybe they can even add parent-teacher conferences or allow for field trips to be included where parents have the choice to attend. Teens can take drivers ed course to earn their license. And allow for parents to choose to send their kids to public or catholic schools of course there will be some difference i.e. public schools are free, students don't have to wear a uniform and catholic schools parents have to pay, students wear uniforms. Add family game nights or family reunions (which would be so awesome five generations of family in one place) I would love for more toddler interactions add changing tables, bathing toddlers in bath tube and better interactions between siblings. Allow for parents to test out new recipes I'm a little tired of serving the same things.
    Add new items such as musical instruments such as piano, drums, violin, or traits dancer.
    I saw a picture of bunk beds, strollers and their bringing back memories if they added those items it would be awesome.
    I would love for them to incorporate pets somehow, but that's just wishful thinking on my part! Give kids more responsibilities i.e choirs if they add pets allow for the kids to care, train and feed it.
    This game does look more promising than the last few ones, in my opinion. I'm almost tempted to buy it I just hope its really worth my money!
    Does anyone know of what new things for sure will be incorporated into the game i.e. interactions, objects, traits and anything else you can share? I for one
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    edited April 2011
    Lol I have just put a post up about More baby/Toddler intractions there isnt enough and it isnt realistic enough when a parent is spinning the baby in the air and they have a clean nappy on, and a toddler can just wonder around the house by its self. Deffantly need more baby/toddler stuff and intractions
  • Options
    MebbwebbMebbwebb Posts: 82
    edited April 2011
    I think generations has this covered. Even though it should have been in the original game.