Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What instruments woulds everyone like to see?

Comments

• Options
    simisimmosimisimmo Posts: 70 New Member
    edited December 2010
    1.Violin
    2.Cello
    3.Bass Guitar
    4.Microphone
    5.Child Equivalents :mrgreen:
  • Options
    OceanBeautyIIOceanBeautyII Posts: 27,012 Member
    edited December 2010
    Electric bass
    violin
    Mic
    saxophone
  • Options
    QuootQuoot Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    1. Saxophone (MOST DEFINITELY! I'm a saxophonist myself:D.... With the option for Jazz bands in Late Night, I was really surprised that it wasn't included.)
    2. Violin (like from Freetime, that was awesome!)
    3. Microphone (Freetime)
    4. Cello
    5. Synthesizer (Freetime)

Oh and I agree: Maxis should soooo create a music EP! Or at least stuff pack...Maybe a sims 3 equivalent of Freetime?? That would be sooo cool!
  • Options
    intakintak Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Well, I would love to have a saxophone, because I play the saxophone and it is awesome. :) I would also like to see a trumpet, flute, and harp. Maybe a violin as well! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited February 2011
    Quoot wrote:
    1. Saxophone (MOST DEFINITELY! I'm a saxophonist myself:D.... With the option for Jazz bands in Late Night, I was really surprised that it wasn't included.)

It wasn't included because EA hates wind instruments.

Maybe that's a bit extreme, but it makes absolutely no sense. =/
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    elfishimpelfishimp Posts: 45 New Member
    edited February 2011
    1. Violin
    2. Saxophone
    3. Flute
    4. Triangle
    5. Hillbilly instruments (spoons, corn jug, washboard, Wash tub bass, fiddle)
  • Options
    AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I apologise if I have already posted her before. :)
    But here's my list:

1. Violin
    2. Flute (at this point I'm not picky but Pan flute would be nice though.)
    3. Harp

I'm not sure about the last two.
    What I want the most though is a usable mic. I don't get why they gave us one that was purely decorative, that's kind of a kick in the sensitive spot considering we've been asking for a mic for a long time.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    Harpsichord :D

Because I am different!
  • Options
    BluuinBluuin Posts: 220 New Member
    edited February 2011
    1. Baritone/euphonium
    2. Trumpet
    3. Trombone
    4. Clarinet
    5. Saxophone
    6. French horn

I really love brass instruments
  • Options
    SelahGioSelahGio Posts: 756 Member
    edited February 2011
    FoxMulder wrote:
    Piano for sure. I was kind of surprised it wasn't already in there.

Same here, sucks that so far its only one instrument in the game :/ think they would have at least added the piano and maybe a mic or something for singing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SelahGio wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:
    Piano for sure. I was kind of surprised it wasn't already in there.

Same here, sucks that so far its only one instrument in the game :/ think they would have at least added the piano and maybe a mic or something for singing.

You are aware that Late Night added more, right?

It includes a piano and a keyboard.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    youngdre91youngdre91 Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    Micorphone
  • Options
    tigerflutetigerflute Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Flute!!! please :) and other band instruments, and an oboe for my brother and a french horn (for my other brother and cuz they're just awesome) and have band at school and be able to form bands with friends and practice and have concerts. Pretty much something with a flute and more activities with music involved :D
  • Options
    cometkittycometkitty Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2011
    VIOLA!.....I doubt the EA workers even know what a viola is.... :roll:
    large.gif6.gif
    tumblr_mx42lknWrg1s1afluo1_400.gif

• Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited April 2011
    1. bagpipes :D
    2. harpsichord
    3. accordion
    3. organ :-o
    4. recorder or panpipes
    5. ukulele :D
  • Options
    Doons99PDoons99P Posts: 908 Member
    edited April 2011
    youngdre91 wrote:
    Micorphone

Yeah, I'd like them to be able to sing in their band.
  • Options
    Panther559Panther559 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see a band feature with a variety of instruments, as well as the ability to insert custom music.

I am a musician and would love to upload custom music that is played by your ingame band after you learn it by buying it at the store or something.

I second this motion! Definitely would love to create gig music to be played at gigs, even if the categories stay the same. At least I'll be able to play my own version of each and load it in-game for my personal (or anyone else's if they like to download it) enjoyment, and get paid for it (in-game of course)! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited December 2012
    1. Bongos

2. Saxophone

3. Tambourine

4. Harp

5. Violin
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2012
    1. Saxophone

2. Flute

3. Violin

Edited because I had to re-think the order. I put the sax as my number one because I love it, it's the instrument my fiance plays, and we've yet to see it (or any wind instrument) in the Sims series. Flute is my number two because that's my mother's instrument, and I think it's beautiful. Violin is three for me, because I'd love to see it return to the series. I miss it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    Umberlin wrote:
    List Five Instruments, in order of those you want the most, that you'd like to see in Sims 3 sooner or later:

1. Piano
    2. Violin
    3. Drums
    4. Bass Guitar
    5. Concert Flute

Violin most definitely at #1.

Yes, LN came with Pianos, but the Grand Piano I feel is frikkin useless--it's so big and clunky, and really how many people IRL actually own one of those things? :hunf: We need an Upright Piano BADLY. :cry: One wit slots we can cram with decor and knick knacks.

Concert Flute at #3. We don't have any wind instruments aside from the Snake Charmer from WA, and that doesn't even count.
    If not a flute/recorder then a Saxophone, so we can have Jazz.

And some Tabourines would be lovely. #4

I'd love to see a Microphone we could use in Bands so sims could be the lead vocal singer. And maybe have extra sims singing backup. #5

Instead of a Bass Guitar what we need now is a Harp or something classical. #6

Drums--not the stage drums we got in LN, but regular Bongo drums that you beat with your hand--those would be great to have for Tiki/Tribal/Boho sims. #7
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Concert Flute at #3. We don't have any wind instruments aside from the Snake Charmer from WA, and that doesn't even count.

But you see, that's why a wind instrument should be #1. Because guess what? There also weren't any in The Sims 1 or The Sims 2.

And that's why (along with the track record of TS3 so far) I don't trust them to not pull this same crap again. You tell them that they should add a violin again, they'll do that, and not add any wind instruments yet again. And then I will be mad at both EA and the community.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2012
    I would love to see a baby grand piano, a flute, and/or a saxophone.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

But you see, that's why a wind instrument should be #1. Because guess what? There also weren't any in The Sims 1 or The Sims 2.

And that's why (along with the track record of TS3 so far) I don't trust them to not pull this same crap again. You tell them that they should add a violin again, they'll do that, and not add any wind instruments yet again. And then I will be mad at both EA and the community.

I see where you're coming from. :) But you're misunderstanding something: EA's track record makes them notorious for making what the LEAST amount of people voted for first! :thumbup: :lol:
    But in all seriousness, I personally just NEED an Upright Piano by EA, and between Violins and Flutes I need Violins for my vampire sims so I can make Lestat and Nicolas. :XD:
  • Options
    TheEirTheEir Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Trumpet!
  • Options
    GtrgrlGtrgrl Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I would LOVE to have a saxophone! Where can I find this set?

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-music-set-by-yarona.html

It was made by Yarona but Simsmodeli links are all gone for this. Anyone know where I can find a link to this cc set?

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-music-set-by-yarona.html