Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Needs to Release an Expansion Pack to Redeem Themselves!

I am enjoying The Sims 3, but there are many things missing. I Hope they quickly release an EP to redeem themselves. This EP has to open the Rabbit holes, it has to have a NHood Creation Tool........The Sims 3 needs help.
Self-published author and Professional Simmer! My books are available on amazon, search C.J. Canady

Comments

• Options
    RiverahuntRiverahunt Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, I just can't wait to pay $30 for an EP that fixes things that should have been in the base game...

?
  • Options
    rescuememyloverescuememylove Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm with Riverahunt. These should be in the base game, I don't want to pay extra for them.
  • Options
    cjcanadypetscjcanadypets Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, If this was already added, then I wouldn't need to say this. The Sims 3 is getting horrible reviews, and It's hard to enjoy a game that is getting bad reviews.

Okay, Maybe a downloadable Tool for FREE, that's be better right?
    Self-published author and Professional Simmer! My books are available on amazon, search C.J. Canady
  • Options
    EquesEques Posts: 737 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They already said they would release a FREE tool to allow neighborhood customization.

As for the rabbit holes, I kinda like them that way, but that's just me... ^_^;
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    Riverahunt wrote:
    Oh yeah, I just can't wait to pay $30 for an EP that fixes things that should have been in the base game...

?

Exactly! They need to redeem themselves by issuing a huge free patch that contains massive amount of items that they are going to stuff in the store over the next several weeks (come on, fess up, you all know it's already done and they are only waiting for time to make it look like they are putting out the items over time), and put it into a free patch, they need to enchance the game properly (like allowing us to play multiple households in the same neibhorhood without messing up any of our sims, allow us to go into the buildings. I threw a party at the juicebar, but couldn't even go inside to see how it was going or to instruct my sim, wth is that about?

Now, they don't need to put out a expansion pack to redeem themselves, they need to put out free content to redeem themselves, the same free content that they would otherwise charge us for. Mass amount of free content for redemption. Not just a couple items here and there to try to appease people, that don't work.
    It's hard to enjoy a game that is getting bad reviews.

Why? Why would you let other peoples reviews of a game influence whether you like it or not. You either like it, or you don't. You play it or you won't. It can't get much simpler than that.
  • Options
    mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If some of the buildings weren't rabbit holes, it might take up a lot more computer power to simulate the WHOLE town and ALL the buildings. I have a feeling the rabbit hole buildings are to help the game run better without needing a super awesome computer to run the game.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Sims 3 is getting horrible reviews, and It's hard to enjoy a game that is getting bad reviews.

Really? Are you talking regular players reviews?
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    The thing is, EA knows that the majority of their customer base will be complacent enough to accept anything they give them. That's why they know they can piecemeal all the most desired expansion pack concepts (weather, pets, jobs, etc) back to us bit by bit, little by little, just as they did with Sims 2.

Why aren't we demanding they give us the majority of what we got in the expansion packs for the base game of Sims 3 and then go from there and wow us with their innovation and creativity?

The answer: It's easier and most profitable to just regurgitate old ideas, especially so when you know your customer base will just smile and thank you for it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    mjwhitt wrote:
    If some of the buildings weren't rabbit holes, it might take up a lot more computer power to simulate the WHOLE town and ALL the buildings. I have a feeling the rabbit hole buildings are to help the game run better without needing a super awesome computer to run the game.

Then you remove 10 houses to accomodate the 10 business's that people want to see into . But that really isn't the case. It's bad programming. I can see through the window what is going on inside the juice bar when I throw a party, but I can't actually get in there. That's just **** poor programming, nothing less. Just like I can see into the gymnasium through the windows, but can't get inside of it. **** Poor Programming, the three evil P's. PPP.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Sims 3 is getting horrible reviews, and It's hard to enjoy a game that is getting bad reviews.

So, Regular Players wouldn't agree? And no, I am reading the Amazon, Gamestop, Ign Reviews!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The thing is, EA knows that the majority of their customer base will be complacent enough to accept anything they give them. That's why they know they can piecemeal all the most desired expansion pack concepts (weather, pets, jobs, etc) back to us bit by bit, little by little, just as they did with Sims 2.

Why aren't we demanding they give us the majority of what we got in the expansion packs for the base game of Sims 3 and then go from there and wow us with their innovation and creativity?

The answer: It's easier and most profitable to just regurgitate old ideas, especially so when you know your customer base will just smile and thank you for it.

QFT
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009

So, Regular Players wouldn't agree? And no, I am reading the Amazon, Gamestop, Ign Reviews!

I'm saying I haven't seen any "horrible" reviews except for a few players on this site.
  • Options
    dpxDdpxD Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Riverahunt wrote:

?
    I'm with you! I will not be buying any more sims 3 crap!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Overall, If We compare The Sims 3 to The Sims 2 base game, WHICH we all should, We can be sastisfyed.

But There should've been more with The Open world........

How do you bake cookies?
  • Options
    Runie13Runie13 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Jalida all you do is complain. Yeesh. Just return the game and wait for the Sims 4. Good lord.

If I got past CAS, I would probably enjoy the new innovation. Keep the Sims2 on your comp or a separate one for if you feel nostalgic or just want the things the Sims 2 has that The Sims 3 took out.

If that was what the result wanted to look like then I wouldn't assume it was poor programing. That's kind of cool sounding, actually.

And the seamless neighborhood is a HUGE improvement. The detail and customization in the game accounts for the now massive space, more powerful RAM, and stronger Video Cards. Imagine if they threw in weather (in a 'lot' basically 9238403 times bigger than a TS2 house lot), pets, and entirely new seamless vacation neighborhoods. Not only would the game be released in 07/10 but with a lot more to add there would be a lot more bugs out. They saw how ****** everyone got when the pushed the date back, imagine how fans would react if they pushed it to September to add rain.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Free Patches then!
    Nhood Creation Tool!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have been a Simmer for 5 1/2 years now, and The Sims 3 alwasy pulled me in. I have to let The Sims 3 **** me in.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, If this was already added, then I wouldn't need to say this. The Sims 3 is getting horrible reviews, and It's hard to enjoy a game that is getting bad reviews.

What reviews are you looking at??

IGN 8.9 / 10
    1UP B+
    Eurogamer 8 / 10
    Boomtown 8 / 10
    Hooked Gamers 8 / 10
    Gameplanet 9 / 10
    Gametrailers 9 / 10
    NZGamer 9 / 10
    Total Video Games 8 / 10
    GameSpy 4.5 / 5
    D+PAD Magazine 4.5 / 5
    PC Gamer 92 / 100
    PC Zone UK 92 / 100
    Edge Magazine UK 8 / 10
    GamePro 4 / 5
    Total PC Gaming 8 / 10

Yah...those reviews sure are bad... O.o
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think they need to do anything of the sort. I'm happy with the game, and will be even more content when they roll out a patch to fix up some of the bugs the community has found.

For the price of my purchase (which was 34.99 USD), the game provides a huge return on hours of entertainment. To me that's the very definition of a good deal.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Then wait! The game came out on June 2nd. It's now June 5th. Do you think EA magically found every single bug in those three days and now have a full working patch? For immediate fixes like the lack of shadows in Macs, yes. But they want to collect ALL of the bugs and try to fix them with one patch. Give them time.

And that's why I came to this thread, because demanding an expansion after less than a week of it's release is ridiculous. People are expecting too much and complaining too much. Remember how awkward it was to get used to The Sims 2? And yes, EA is a corporation, a business, and they need to make money. They're not just '******* the money from the players' they're supporting their families and putting food on the table. If you have an opportunity to make a profit, then you would take it. And I dare anyone to say that they wouldn't, and that they would solely put the fan base first and listen to their every word because honestly, you would lose money.

And people STILL complain about the Sims 2. None of these games will ever be perfect for anyone. (except people like me who are simple and easy to please :])
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okay, Stormkeep, I get your point.

But I am really grateful for My Sims.
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, spoilt much? The game received excellent reviews and rightly so. Do people not understand this is the base game? What the hell do you expect? The Sims 3 offers much, much more than the base game of Sims 2 ever did.

But, there are heaps of bugs that should not be there, and that is EA's fault but we all know EA are known for releasing dodgy products and we're the stupid ones for continuing to buy from a company with such a bad reputation. The content is more than I expected. The bugs are a whole other issue.
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    JPWriting wrote:
    I don't think they need to do anything of the sort. I'm happy with the game, and will be even more content when they roll out a patch to fix up some of the bugs the community has found.

For the price of my purchase (which was 34.99 USD), the game provides a huge return on hours of entertainment. To me that's the very definition of a good deal.

So you're perfectly ok with EA regurgitating old ideas just like they did going from Sims 1 to Sims 2, and now Sims 2 to Sims 3? Same old thing? We get it all back little by little?

How is that a good deal? We're not expecting EA to be innovative or actually even be reasonable. I mean, look at the store and how outrageous it is, yet so many are just shrugging and saying, "Yeah, it's a rip off, but oh well."

I guess I'll never understand that kind of complacency.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Runie13 wrote:
    Then wait! The game came out on June 2nd. It's now June 5th. Do you think EA magically found every single bug in those three days and now have a full working patch? For immediate fixes like the lack of shadows in Macs, yes. But they want to collect ALL of the bugs and try to fix them with one patch. Give them time.

And that's why I came to this thread, because demanding an expansion after less than a week of it's release is ridiculous. People are expecting too much and complaining too much. Remember how awkward it was to get used to The Sims 2? And yes, EA is a corporation, a business, and they need to make money. They're not just '******* the money from the players' they're supporting their families and putting food on the table. If you have an opportunity to make a profit, then you would take it. And I dare anyone to say that they wouldn't, and that they would solely put the fan base first and listen to their every word because honestly, you would lose money.

And people STILL complain about the Sims 2. None of these games will ever be perfect for anyone. (except people like me who are simple and easy to please :])

You are absolutely Right! However, I just wanted to quiet down the ones that are putting down the game.

The game is awsome!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's like people who refuse to buy clothes at Wal-Mart because it's Wal-Mart, and instead go to Neiman Marcus and spend $30 on socks that could have bought an entire outfit at Wally-World. There are people who don't mind slinging their money around.

I've said it before. If you feel that way, then don't buy it. It's not a hard concept. In the end you win: You don't spend money and you don't get an expansion that you would no doubt find more things to complain about, like how the cat can't learn to use the toilet or something trivial like that.