Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Launcher

I am trying to upload a sim onto the Exchange, but when it asks me to log on to it shows the "Welcome" tab screen but all that is on there is a bunch of symbols and shapes. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thank you for your time in advance. :]

Comments

• Options
    MyValenwindMyValenwind Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OMG. I'm having that same issue, only when connected online. I even have a screenshot. I'm dying to upload my Vincent, but I have to login using the launcher screen, and this is what I get.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/YaoiAuronXSeymour/sims3scrambledscreen.jpg

Direct link, just copy/pasta or click. This is the only thing wrong with my copy so far.
  • Options
    HappySimmingHappySimming Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    I see you have your avatar up. How did you get it to work?

Thanks!

Ang
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    Hi, all!

Here's the FAQ for creating an avatar:
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21641

Those of you that are experiencing issues with the Exchange, what browser are you using?

Regards,

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    MayerMayer Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having a similar problem, the Sims launcher uses Explorer to log me on (although it never has logged me on) but my default browser is Firefox.
  • Options
    DolletDollet Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Also having this problem.

Bump^
  • Options
    fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2009
    OMG!! ME TOO!! i'm having this EXACT PROBLEM!! it is driving me insane!! i want to upload some of my creations!!! but i can't =(
  • Options
    carlosjuerocarlosjuero Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have noticed that TS3 launcher doesn't play well if you have anything other than IE as your default browser. I was having some issues with the launcher and content until I switched my default browser to IE. Might have something to do with how the launcher mini browse is coded (I am guessing it uses the Internet Explorer object to display web content rather than using routines to use default browser)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have noticed that TS3 launcher doesn't play well if you have anything other than IE as your default browser. I was having some issues with the launcher and content until I switched my default browser to IE. Might have something to do with how the launcher mini browse is coded (I am guessing it uses the Internet Explorer object to display web content rather than using routines to use default browser)

Any way to set it back to IE just to check it out?

Also, nice Xfire picture =)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    http://help.expedient.com/browsers/defaultbrowser.shtml

^^ i tried it I was running mozilla firefox before and now my default is IE... but i still get the boxes and jibbberish *sigh*
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    fruitsmis wrote:
    http://help.expedient.com/browsers/defaultbrowser.shtml

^^ i tried it I was running mozilla firefox before and now my default is IE... but i still get the boxes and jibbberish *sigh*

Yep..same here :?

I don't get the all of those symbols though. I go to upload my sim and it takes me to the welcome page to log in, but there's no log in box so that's just lovely.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i go to the upload page and it takes me to the welcome page to "log in" but i get symbols... nothing pops up... *sigh*
  • Options
    SimmerBrendonKSimmerBrendonK Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi, all!

Here's the FAQ for creating an avatar:
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21641

Those of you that are experiencing issues with the Exchange, what browser are you using?

Regards,

-Big Guy-

Already uploaded one, but it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bump^ for justice.
  • Options
    SimguruWebQASimguruWebQA Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One other thing to try is to clear all your browser cache and cookies. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    One other thing to try is to clear all your browser cache and cookies. Hope this helps!

Had no effect over the launcher...any other ideas? Could the EA manager have anything to do with this because that doesn't work either.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    sadly, it still doesn't work... i really hope this issue can be solved soon... i really want to upload creations....
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dollet wrote:

Had no effect over the launcher...any other ideas? Could the EA manager have anything to do with this because that doesn't work either.

i believe my EA manager works, because i managed to download riverview and the free car... oh, and they work great in the game...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    OMG!! MY LAUNCHER WORKS NOW!!! BYE BYE SYMBOLS!!! YES!!
    my brother had uninstalled ts2 last night and i tried the launcher before i headed off to work and it works fine now =)
    managed to log in and see an actually welcome page and upload some of my creations.

so for those still struggling... try uninstalling ts2... maybe that kept it from not working earlier - if not, i'm sorry your having issues.
  • Options
    EJIEHAEJIEHA Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have worсе problem :(
    When starts the game launcher on welcome screen it's write:
    You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3. Purchasing and registering an official copy of The Sims 3 will entitle you to benefits including access to an entirely new game town called Riverview, 1000 SimPoints which can be redeemed for game objects in The Sims 3 Store, and access to The Sims 3 Exchange.

but i'm register ! and i buy the game !!!!!!!!!

i can download from the site and i see the downloads in the sims launcher ?!?!

but i can't get my free points :((((((((

what i must to do to fix all this things :(
    Please , help me .
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    okay.. the symbols are back.... i managed to upload 3 things to the exchange and all was happy, game running fine. then i exit the game and gave it a break, came back to find a bunch of symbols greeting me on the welcome page... it was working fine earlier... *sigh* i don't know what i changed. in fact i don't believe i changed ANYTHING.... :(
  • Options
    MayerMayer Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I still haven't been able to log on since I bought the game. I can download stuff via opening a browser window but I can't upload anything.

This is getting irritating one of the things the Sims touted was the ability to upload and share stuff and this seems to be broken for some people with nary a word from the publisher. What gives?
  • Options
    mrlouiejordanmrlouiejordan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, i posted a discussion about this yesterday, and im having exactly the same problem, and its really annoying me, simply because it makes me sims game look like its broken, and its really not. :S
  • Options
    Jola21Jola21 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    In the beginning i was able to upload items, and now, i cannot upload anything. I don't know whats going on but someone better be working on it. :!:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    it looks like more and more people are having issuses with this... mine is still happening... *sigh*
  • Options
    carollsimcarollsim Posts: 238 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can see my launcher fine but it won't let me log in on it.
    I fill in the details that i use on this site but doesn't do anything and has no error message.

I've downloaded the free stuff but can't access them.

My default is firefox refuse to try IE.
    IMG_6942_zpsdeuypb14.jpg
    Mr Basil and Ms Ivy now on facebook