Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't talk to other sims..

Well, in person. She can chat with people on the phone and over the computer. She can also interview people, but when I want to start a relationship with anyone it wont let me.

Which is pretty bad, since I was planning on starting a legacy.

Everything else works just fine, just not interactions. I cant even click on a sim to go introduce her self. People can come up and talk to her, but I cant choose what I want her to do.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it just seemed relevant since this just happened after I installed Ambitions.

Thank you! :]

Comments

• Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited June 2010
    The only time i have seen this happen was just after I installed Ambitions and then only to a pre-existing game. I deleted the games and started fresh since Ambitions opened so much more. I tried everything I could think of to fix it - nothing worked.

Is this on a pre-existing game? Or did you start this game after Ambitions was installed?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    If you have any mods that you did not get updated for Ambitions in your game, it is probably one of those conflicting with the game.
    Below is a discussion about all mods etc and their status over at modthesims,

Mod and CC lists with new patch/ and or Ambitions discussions:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405166

Go to that link at modthesims and make sure your mods are updated, as that is the lists of CC and mods and their status whether they are working or not.

Also are you sure you made your mods/packages folder and cfg.resource file right, and did you delete the 4 cache files after you installed everything before you tried the game?

If you want to check if you did things right, below is another link with the exact instructions:

New way to install CC:

http://www.modthesims.info/announcement.php?f=551&announcementid=144

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited June 2010
    Writin_Reg - thank you for the info. I definitely need to read that. (lol!) I have several mods that aren't working. I figured I would have to delete them and wait for updates.

Woot!
  • Options
    MillenniumMillennium Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so much! I had no clue the whole mod folder thing changed.

• Options
    MillenniumMillennium Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    still cant talk to other sims.. i even started a brand new game, in a new town..

all of my mods are up to date. so i dunno why this is happening :[
  • Options
    XO_Selly_XOXO_Selly_XO Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    OMG!!! I need help too!!!! I cant seem to get my sims to talk to anyone. i can get them to do what they like but it wont even let me click the person and have an action i hate it. I looked at the options and everythings fine. I dnt kno what else to do to fix it!!! D': Helppppp me!!!
  • Options
    MadGodMadGod Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2011
    ( This is the only recent thread I have been able to find so far...)

I had this problem as soon as I ran home with Late Night and installed it. I started a new game, of course, but when i went to talk to another sim, it didn't work. I thought that it may have been my mods, so I exited the game and deleted that folder.

It didn't help. I even tried Uninstalling and re-installing several times.

Reading some of the older threads, I tried to delete some cache files, but it isn't working.
  • Options
    salmoonx3salmoonx3 Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    i recently bought university, ran home installed, played on a prexsisting game and my sim couldnt interact with others, not even click on her. HELP? she can call, chat on phone but nothing in person.