Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA- You are my heros, you fixed the only two gliches that are NOT in my game. I applaud you.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Gomar6Gomar6 Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I shall not be patching. My game is totally clean and bug free right now. I'm not gonna risk it now!!
  • Options
    Lubu212Lubu212 Posts: 143
    edited February 2011
    EA is trying to be the under achiever everyone wants to sleep with.

No one wants to sleep with you anymore, EA.
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited February 2011
    I didn't even make note of the fixes until this was mentioned, so I checked it out, and I agree; I wasn't even aware of these issues, so they shouldn't have been bothered with. Yes, fix the freezing thing and maybe the crashes too (yeah right). Big deal, someone can't open the game via an expansion or stuff pack icon on their desktop. So what? Just use the base game one then, it opens the same launcher anyway! EA has to fix THAT of all things? They definitely don't read this forum, or if they do, they ignore the requests and concerns of their consumers, the same people that fork out money for their products (but will most likely stop soon if this persists).
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2011
    we should make a trending twitter topic about this mess!!!

i dont know if it will do anything but hey gotta take our frustrations out somewhere

THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT LISTENING HERE!!
  • Options
    MuffinsAreUglyMuffinsAreUgly Posts: 35
    edited February 2011
    Consumerism!

:wink:
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited February 2011
    You all sound surprised. :lol:
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited February 2011
    I don't know about this patch, because I can't find it in the game updates section on this site. Where did you all read the 2 bug fixes??

Anyhow, my comment is more general in nature because I don't know a thing about this patch...

I believe EA really needs to revise their minimum requirements for the Sims 3 and its EPs. I was previously playing on a computer that exceeded the listed requirements, but I had a lot of troubles (especially with World Adventures, and many problems with error code 12).

I got a new Asus gaming laptop that completely kicks butt! 8) I've been playing hard since Christmas and haven't encountered any error codes at all, nor any invisible sims or several other BIG problems I was having. The new laptop also corrected many minor issues I was having (like the "Missing Texture" with drawings on the drafting table). I have not tested the architect career to see if the Ambitions inventory bug persists, and I have travelled but haven't done any adventures yet.

Anyways, it appears that most of the game breaking bugs can be fixed by getting a much better computer. Therefore, EA needs to revise the minimum requirements to reflect this to the consumers. Yeah, we know ther will be a lot of people whining that they can't buy the game because their computer is too old/weak, but it would prevent a lot of the bad feelings that EA is generating this way.

P.S. a patch should never be released without fixes for the issues caused by the last patch!!! :evil:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yay! My only 2 bugs fixed!

U lot R well arsh to EA dey spend tym fixin problems an u lots all moan bout dem giv dem a brake dey fixed 2 of da biggest probems in da game an all da lot of yas moan boat dem

EA R da best eva lov EA an da Sims 3 I can now av sims in da ghost hunta carrer and use ma shortcuts lyk before!!!
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2011
    A lot of people are angry about this joke but... how many of you will buy the next stuff/expansion pack? how many will be waiting for the announcement of the next release? how many of you are waiting for the new sets in The Store...

I do know for sure that I'm not buying anything more until the fix some major issues.
  • Options
    brunokubrunoku Posts: 245 New Member
    edited February 2011
    mcorral wrote:

I do know for sure that I'm not buying anything more until the fix some major issues.

100000% AGREE!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I completely agree with what everybody else so far has said.

It's been three months since the game came out? Have EA really spent all that time fixing two bugs that I have never seen anybody complain about? Ridiculous!

What about the Celebrity level? The vampire problem?

I've wanted Celebrities in my game ever since Superstar came out. But do I want EVERY person in town to be one? No way!

And vampires? As a player that never really got the attraction to all of the supernatural creatures in game, I hate the fact that within a couple of Sim days the entire town is over-run with the **** things.

It's unacceptable and I stand with everybody else who has said they won't be giving EA anything else until we get something decent in return.
  • Options
    CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ugh, my game was running smoothly ... until this USELESS patch. COME ON EA!!!

• Options
    edited February 2011
    CatLand wrote:

I aint downloading it then.

***** that means I cant byy OLS!

No money off me then, EA!
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am not patching!

NOT ANOTHER DIME FROM ME!

I actually had hope when Mr Glamour Boy (The Ladies Man) left! But nope, I have lost that now!

I was so darn stupid to have sold all my TS2 Games to get TS3. :evil:

AGAIN: NOT ANOTHER DIME FROM ME!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    smoogie wrote:
    CatLand wrote:

Well, you can get OLS, if you don't mind random glitchy fragments in your screen and flashing white things ... it's really weird ... I wish I hadn't patched ...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    CatLand wrote:
    smoogie wrote:
    CatLand wrote:

Well, you can get OLS, if you don't mind random glitchy fragments in your screen and flashing white things ... it's really weird ... I wish I hadn't patched ...

Wish I didnt patch Ambitions when it came out whicvh screwed up CAW
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2011
    smoogie wrote:
    CatLand wrote:
    smoogie wrote:
    CatLand wrote:

Wish I didnt patch Ambitions when it came out whicvh screwed up CAW

heck i wish i didnt buy wa or ambitions...SCREW LATE NIGHT I DIDNT EVEN CONSIDER THE DECISION

game was fine never patched very very boring yes...BUT NO GLITCHES!
  • Options
    jenilynn86jenilynn86 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I actually had this issue "Corrected an issue that prevented launching the game from expansion pack or stuff pack desktop shortcuts for certain computer configurations." I patched my game and guess what? I still have the same problem and now more on top of that! :?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's absolutely ridiculous. I didn't think the game could develop more problems ... apparently I was wrong ...
  • Options
    Lolo2128Lolo2128 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2011
    They need to get there fricken act together! :twisted: At Walmart in Canada it was 45$!!! Considering all the glitches I think it should be priced around 20 dollars, like that would ever happen. I agree with all of you, they took are money and wont fix the damage! NOT PROFESSIONAL ;) I dont think they should even be working on pets intill they fix the glitches. I defiantly will NOT be buying any of there games intill the glitches are fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lolo2128 wrote:
    They need to get there fricken act together! :twisted: At Walmart in Canada it was 45$!!! Considering all the glitches I think it should be priced around 20 dollars, like that would ever happen. I agree with all of you, they took are money and wont fix the damage! NOT PROFESSIONAL ;) I dont think they should even be working on pets intill they fix the glitches. I defiantly will NOT be buying any of there games intill the glitches are fixed.

Wow, this thread is back! This just reminded me of how much trouble I used to have with my game!

BUT, my game is working fine now. Why? It sure wasn't EA :wink:

I got Twallan's mods, I can't remember where I downloaded them but they're great!
  • Options
    Sims3WierdoSims3Wierdo Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm still waiting on a patch that'll make my sims change clothes faster. It takes them two freaking hours just to change clothes. After a while it speeds up, but the first few times, it takes so long. It doesn't take this long in CAS, so why does it take so long in game? and it's not a problem with load time. My computer it high-end, and it takes two to three hours game time no matter what speed I'm playing at. ***, EA? I miss when Maxis was still separate. They actually cared about fixing the glitches.