Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next expansion? What do you think it is?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    clairebear182clairebear182 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:
    STOP REPEATING THIS TYPE OF POST WE WILL ALL FIND OUT IN MARCH
    Oh no, the forum police are out. :-o

As a crazy cat lady, I'm hoping for pets..and seasons. I want both!
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2011
    I want pets! Its my favorite!!
  • Options
    ZapadZapad Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:
    STOP REPEATING THIS TYPE OF POST WE WILL ALL FIND OUT IN MARCH

While the caps lock is unnecessary, thank you for that. That's actually the first I've heard that March is the month. :) Must have missed the news.

Personally, I'm hoping for Open for Business. When I got Ambitions and heard of the shop I thought it was going to be something like that....aaand then it turned out you can't run your own shop. I'd love to be able to run a shop, or a hotel, a restaurant. I was quite disappointed in Sims 2 when all those great buildings (like hotels and universities) turned out to be "unbuildable" unless you use a cheat. Why? I'd love to build the city. I'm just about to try the world creator tool :)
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited January 2011
    Zapad wrote:
    That's actually the first I've heard that March is the month. :) Must have missed the news.

The only date I've seen scattered about the internet for release is May 10th (Medieval releases in March). The Ep's are generally released to a six monthly cycle so April would be the correct month but beginning of May is near enough. I hope we will get news before March though because these threads will only increase in frequency until we do :wink:

• Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm actually getting bored of waiting to be honest, so at this moment in time I don't care what it is lol. I'll be excited when we actually hear something from EA about it rather than just speculate.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    ZapadZapad Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2011
    H0RTENSIS wrote:
    Zapad wrote:
    That's actually the first I've heard that March is the month. :) Must have missed the news.

The only date I've seen scattered about the internet for release is May 10th (Medieval releases in March). The Ep's are generally released to a six monthly cycle so April would be the correct month but beginning of May is near enough. I hope we will get news before March though because these threads will only increase in frequency until we do :wink:

Thanks a ton for that :3
  • Options
    doitlikeandydoitlikeandy Posts: 73 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Thus far I've loved every expansion they have released! I'd really like to see pets and weather.
  • Options
    lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited January 2011
    prays for seasons 8)
  • Options
    xKymxxKymx Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Any expansion pack would be great...i'm really hoping for one that has lots of family interactions because toddlers children and even teenagers don't have a lot to do and this gets boring for me.
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited January 2011
    H0RTENSIS wrote:
    Zapad wrote:

My expectation is that we'll get some news on February 1st. The 3rd fiscal quarter financial results are to be announced to the shareholders on that day. Given that EA has been unprofitable for three+ years running, I would imagine that this quarter will be no different. As such, to avoid continued drops in stock price they will want to put their best foot forward to provide encouragement as to the future of the corporation.
    The Sims is still a high profile franchise, so I imagine that they will make mention of the next Sims 3 EP in a fashion somewhat akin to the following: 'we have Outdoor Life Stuff releasing today, as well as our next expansion pack, [title], due out [rough date].' As these are only financial results, no further details will be released during the meeting, but a press release will come out some time between later that day and Thursday.

- Hans
  • Options
    Ladyhawk1979Ladyhawk1979 Posts: 285
    edited January 2011
    prelynmax wrote:
    "The Sims 3: Ultimate Bugs and Glitches" EP.

Baaaahahahahaha! :lol: Wait....didn't we get that one already? ;) Call me cynical, but I'm with prelynmax on this one...some things in life are certain. :)

And sure, there are a million threads addressing this topic, but speculation is fun for a lot of folks....so, let the speculation continue! Not like it's hurting anyone... :)

Happy Simming, all!
  • Options
    abbydoodle96abbydoodle96 Posts: 310 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Bring on the pets!
  • Options
    Peggy1945PlyPeggy1945Ply Posts: 80
    edited January 2011
    I heard it was a ranch. I would welcome this, however will it work properly? I didn't buy Late Night as I wasn't that interested, but from all that I have read about it and all the problems with it I am glad I didn't. I hope with the next EP it won't be buggy.
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited January 2011
    reni401 wrote:

My expectation is that we'll get some news on February 1st. The 3rd fiscal quarter financial results are to be announced to the shareholders on that day.

Yes, I think you are probably right. The name at least should give us an insight as to its content hopefully. At least the threads will then change from 'I wonder what the next EP will be' to 'I wonder what the next ep named " " will contain' :wink:
  • Options
    venuscastrovenuscastro Posts: 649
    edited January 2011
    I like all the EP but I would love to own a bar and restaurant that would be fun for me, OPEN FOR BUSINESS. but i really enjoy all the EPs from the sims 2