Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best traits for a Mixologist?

I'm trying to make a sim that will be primarily a mixologist and Prima alludes to this career using gardening but it doesn't go into detail. Besides being able to stock the bar with bottles of nectar, do you also stock it with fruits? If so, then green thumb would be a good trait for one.

I bought the Prima guide for answers on this skill which I'm hoping to use as my sim's career, but it's pretty vague on the subject.

THANKS!
My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
Send me a friend request for Simport

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2011
    Gardening is a good skill to have for a mixologist, since they can stock the bar with high quality fruits , which means MUCH better tips.

I tried it out of curiosity, and mixed drinks for patrons with life fruits and flame fruits. My level 10 Mixologist sim received a 400+ simoleon tip for each drink, plus I got a message that alluded to the life fruit drink extending the life span of the sim who consumed it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Shmoozer or charismatic might be good ones too. Sometimes sims will chat yours up.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2011
    Along with gardening, I imagine natural cook and perfectionist will help with the mixologist.

Aw man, now I want to try it out.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2011
    Gardener it is for one and since she'll have a garden she can cook so I'll use that too. Another thing I noticed when I played a customer talking to the bartender was something about his being bored so I think I'll use Charismatic too. Perfectionist seems like a good idea too.

Prima tells that the skill-building for this is done faster on the professional bars vs cheap bars. I'm not sure if they mean, dive bar vs the more expensive club one though.

I used a premade sim to mess around with this skill a little and she went to the art museum and just started working there.

Prima also says not to go back to the same club if your drinks aren't turning out good and that they may turn off the option for your sim to moonlight there if you keep serving bad drinks. They also inform you if your drinks are good that you're ready to move to a nicer place.

Thanks y'all ;)
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2011
    The not going back to the same bar thing if your drinks are bad is true. I have a sim who seems to effectively be "banned" from working at Plasma 501 after a failed night of mixology.
    I really don't know why, since he was being tipped quite well, and the customers were giving off the thumbs up thought bubbles, but the NPC mixologist told him to get lost as customers were complaining.

After four sim days, he still does not have the option to work the bar there anymore. Ive had it happen to other sims, and they were able to go back within a 24 hour period, but this guy doesn't. Not sure if its a glitch or a "feature".
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2011
    I think about the professional vs. cheap bar thing is not using the non-professional bars. The ones in the game that don't have all the drinks available, they were there before LN started.

When I built my first apartment complex, I put a regular bar in the common area, and my sim wanted to learn the mixology skill. The regular bars can only go to level three. There were a notification that my sim needed a professional bar to gain more mixology skills.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have a Sim who was learning the mixology skill at home and when she got to level 5 I discovered I didn't know how to get her a job. Does the Sim just walk into any bar to work? How do they get into the clubs if they're not a multi star celeberity?
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have a Sim who was learning the mixology skill at home and when she got to level 5 I discovered I didn't know how to get her a job. Does the Sim just walk into any bar to work? How do they get into the clubs if they're not a multi star celeberity?
    I believe if u bring your sim to the club and click "moonlight" on the bar table, they will be allowed right in. Regardless their celebrity level. But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    JenoquaiJenoquai Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    OK...this is what I did....my sim got the green thumb trait, charisma..cook..loves outdoors..athletic
    I sent him to the bookstore after he learned the initial traits..bought all three books on mixology..the first two books in cooking...bought a professional bar for the house and all three garden books. He gardened and with the perfect fruits..he had his mate as a taster . You may also want the faster skills mod if you use mods. Once he was expert...he bought a bar....The Grind...lol...and he stocks the bar and moonlites there when he feels like it..hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone tried making their mixologist Irresistible? It seems like it might encourage more Sims to come up to you and order drinks while you're managing the bar.

Star Quality helps with gaining celebrity points to get into the bars and learn recipes.