Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures worth buying?

I have Late Night and Ambitions already and am wondering if this is worth getting....If I get it it's gonna be $20 so is it worth it and why?

Comments

• Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2011
    Absolutely the best Stuff pack I own! :shock: :lol: Really it is.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited January 2011
    It all depends on what you want out of an EP. It has fun objects, clothes and hairstyles. Doing the adventures is fun.

However, some bugs introduced by later EPs and/or updates have made it difficult to play (such as the inability to excavate unless it's on level ground and the wonkiness of the adventure board). And there are some bugs which can be game busters (such as the one where you go to a destination and find that your Sim is gone and the userinterface isn't working).
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited January 2011
    Oh yeah. At least if you like your Sims and want them to have the best lives possible. Then yeah.

Cuz they don't age when they're on vacation, so you can use that vacation time to help them build income, skills, and job levels in professions like fishing and gardening. (Maybe music too. Haven't tried playing gigs anywhere yet). They can use vacation time to build relationships within the household, and there's lots of natives worth knowing. You can build Late Night venues in vacation neighborhoods. And the adventures themselves are fun. And there's a bunch of new textures and Build/Buy objects and hair and hats and clothes and stuff. It's the best EP for your Sims; you'll probably be glad you have it too.

If your Sims don't already have the "Adventurous" Trait, give them Mid-Life Crises and trade off some trait you don't benefit from. That way they can go on vacations more often and stay longer.

WA's way worth full price, let alone 20 bucks.

ADD: That's right. A lot of the excavation sites don't work any more but they're no big deal. If one is unexcavatable (SP?!?) it drops out of your Sim's queue immediately, so it doesn't even hurt to check. There's tons of loot in tombs and the loot respawns after a while, so there's no shortage a loot.

I'm running the game with a core mod, so my experience with glitches may vary from yours, but I've had one game-buster. It became apparent in a WA neighborhood, but WA itself may not have been the problem. Could a been a lot or other things, y'know?
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2011
    I got World Adventures for Christmas 09 right after I got made redundant. It was pretty much the only thing I did for ages! :D I really enjoyed sending my adventure sim on as many adventures as possible. I found them really addictive.

There are some great items that come with it as well. I have never had any problems with this EP, although I know that some people have experienced some bugs. Although that is a risk with any EP really. (Unfortunately)

World Adventures definitely get's my thumbs up in any case. If you do decide to get it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm sure you will though. :D
  • Options
    fluff66666fluff66666 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Definately! I was skeptical too but it is def a lot of fun. Before I got it, I thought i wouldn't like having to do all the adventures and stuff but traveling is so much fun and now I actually really like the adventures.
  • Options
    globalstarglobalstar Posts: 447
    edited January 2011
    I have Late Night and Ambitions already and am wondering if this is worth getting....If I get it it's gonna be $20 so is it worth it and why?
    Totally! Its waay better thean ambitions and there is cuye hairstyles that come with it oo :wink:
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Once you play through the adventures, the EP itself doesn't have a whole lot of replay value. Going on adventures quickly becomes an endurance test.

But for $20 you can't go wrong because there's 3 new skills and a lot of new ways to make simoleans...some of which can be cash cows with the right amount of patience.