Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes (all bugs in the first post) (please sticky)

Comments

• Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This could possibly be a bug (my apologies if it's really not... it just sounds buggy to me)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/216105.page
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2011
    This could possibly be a bug (my apologies if it's really not... it just sounds buggy to me)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/216105.page

This sounds like a derivative of the same error that's causing empty nightclubs, IE all the NPC sims go to a particular lot and get stuck there.

I'll add it to the list.
    raw
  • Options
    Rhi4evrrrRhi4evrrr Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I don't know whether this is an actual bug or whether I've caused it to happen but animations such as the flame in the fireplace and the music notes from the stereo are invisible, and also those little animations which appear when you buy/sell objects on the lot are not fading until I return to live mode and press play... I have ambitions and the latest patch, I thought maybe it was because I used a mod that was supposed to remove the animation of hearts during woohoo but after removing that I'm still having the same problems. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rhi4evrrr wrote:
    I don't know whether this is an actual bug or whether I've caused it to happen but animations such as the flame in the fireplace and the music notes from the stereo are invisible, and also those little animations which appear when you buy/sell objects on the lot are not fading until I return to live mode and press play... I have ambitions and the latest patch, I thought maybe it was because I used a mod that was supposed to remove the animation of hearts during woohoo but after removing that I'm still having the same problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

Try deleting your Cache files, that might clear it up.

But this game seems to have a hell of a lot of 'generic' bugs!
    raw
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but when my sim is in a career from ambitions (fire fighter, investigator etc.) and they have an award celebration at city hall, my sim can never get into the building. It's happened a few times, all in Bridgeport and when i give them the command to go in they do the stampy feet and complaining that they can't get to it when they can go in for other reasons. It's annoying.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    loilee wrote:
    Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but when my sim is in a career from ambitions (fire fighter, investigator etc.) and they have an award celebration at city hall, my sim can never get into the building. It's happened a few times, all in Bridgeport and when i give them the command to go in they do the stampy feet and complaining that they can't get to it when they can go in for other reasons. It's annoying.

Sorry, I should've added this one a long time ago, the game hasn't been properly updated to compensate for multiple careers in a single building, and occasionally either asks sims to go to a building that doesn't actually exist as a single building (and thus the opportunity cannot be completed), or the new building isn't configured correctly for the opportunities of previous EPs.

It's a MASSIVE oversight by EA.
    raw
  • Options
    OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This is still the most useful thread on the whole board. Whenever I run into something and think it's just me or something I did, I see that EvilOne already knows about it and (sometimes) has a workaround.

Now if only EA would let us know if they're aware of these so we know they'd be patched, that would be better. Some of these glitches have been around forever and still no fix!
  • Options
    GjameskentGjameskent Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    Im REALLY anoid because when i got to build mode and im building for about 20 minutes and i change to live mode and there is a little loading circle and it just stays there! I can do anything and i have to do Control+Alt+Delete! Is there a solution?
    :evil:
    :shock: :?
  • Options
    Smooth_0peratorSmooth_0perator Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I have just witnessed the disappearance of my sim and I wish I could bring her back. Let me explain the situation.

So this was my first new Ambitions family, one woman who became an architect. I got her married to a Frenchman. One day after marriage, her face in the avatar, her portrait on the menu bar and herself disappeared. She was still in the game though. I could see the frenchman speaking to her, I could see chairs move when she sat on them, but there was no sim in sight.

I quit the game (because last time a sim had disappeared in the same way, by quitting and restarting the game, he had reappeared (this was before I got Ambitions)). Except this time, when I clicked to play the same household, only the frenchman was there and the game was going on as if my sim had died (no more avatar to click on and obviously no sim on the lot). The relationship with her husband was still intact (so she wasn't really dead), but I couldn't call her or see her in the relationship menu. Can I solve this problem? Or should I just forget about the household? (I'm sad cause she was getting close to the top of the architectural designer career!)
  • Options
    SarahM8741SarahM8741 Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    Has anybody else ever found multiple copies of a car(s) in a sim's inventory?
    I have discovered this recently... Possibly since Late Night was installed...

I found that sometimes autonomous sims, in any town, own their own cars and have them spawn into their inventory... Over and over again. I think the game makes a copy for every time the car is used and thus builds up in the inventory.
    Although each can be sold for a sum of money... It still is a glitch.

I came across this when I changed my active household as I do regularly to check up on my sims, and I found at least 10 copies of one car they owned in their inventory.
  • Options
    veronicacorwinveronicacorwin Posts: 30
    edited January 2011
    "THE FREEZE"- happens to me all the time! It's so annoying. I have to end up quitting my game and going back into it. I'm so nervous about it happening now I save a lot more then i used to.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have just witnessed the disappearance of my sim and I wish I could bring her back. Let me explain the situation.

So this was my first new Ambitions family, one woman who became an architect. I got her married to a Frenchman. One day after marriage, her face in the avatar, her portrait on the menu bar and herself disappeared. She was still in the game though. I could see the frenchman speaking to her, I could see chairs move when she sat on them, but there was no sim in sight.

I quit the game (because last time a sim had disappeared in the same way, by quitting and restarting the game, he had reappeared (this was before I got Ambitions)). Except this time, when I clicked to play the same household, only the frenchman was there and the game was going on as if my sim had died (no more avatar to click on and obviously no sim on the lot). The relationship with her husband was still intact (so she wasn't really dead), but I couldn't call her or see her in the relationship menu. Can I solve this problem? Or should I just forget about the household? (I'm sad cause she was getting close to the top of the architectural designer career!)

It's already on the list, WA causes all kinds of family problems.
    SarahM8741 wrote:
    Has anybody else ever found multiple copies of a car(s) in a sim's inventory?
    I have discovered this recently... Possibly since Late Night was installed...

I found that sometimes autonomous sims, in any town, own their own cars and have them spawn into their inventory... Over and over again. I think the game makes a copy for every time the car is used and thus builds up in the inventory.
    Although each can be sold for a sum of money... It still is a glitch.

I came across this when I changed my active household as I do regularly to check up on my sims, and I found at least 10 copies of one car they owned in their inventory.

This is the second time I've seen someone report this, so I'll add it to the list.
    raw
  • Options
    reaper6668reaper6668 Posts: 8
    edited January 2011
    i got 3 its a pain in the butt
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    reaper6668 wrote:
    i got 3 its a pain in the butt

When it freezes try pausing the game for a little while (no more than about 3-4 seconds usually).

That can sort of get around the problem, at least as far as sim-time is concerned.
    raw
  • Options
    GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have the latest patch installed.

there's 2 bugs in my game,

the first is when selling that giant digital fish tank from LN, the fish/plants inside the tank stay in the house usually in the middle of the room... they're still animated but I can't select it. It doesn't seem to affect my sims, and they can't interact with it. But the house/apartment is now unlivable and it doesn't reset itself if my sim moves out

the second one is all the NPCs in my game have exactly the same face. It's the 1st default face from CAS
  • Options
    orangeOrborangeOrb Posts: 18 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I have all the available patches, all 3 EPs, High-End Loft stuff and custom content from the store (but thinking about getting the Awesome Mod.)

something in the past couple of days started occuring. every 30 seconds or so, the game would freeze for about 30 seconds and return to normal and this would happen non-stop. not sure if this has been posted as i don't have the patience to look through all the thread pages. i fixed it by putting the refresh rate at 75Hz and the problem went away. but today, my sims started to get stuck with no way to unstick them. sometimes the resetsim cheat would work but sometimes they return to normal of their own accord. but another sims did the same thing and i couldn't do anything about it. i had to exit without saving. went back in the at exactly 10:22 pm in the game, everyone in the family froze. 2 teen boys, 1 toddler girl and the parents. the parents and one of the teen boys were in there bed and were laying awkwardly, frozen and would cancel any commands given to them. i used the resetsim cheat and it worked for all of them. but do you know of any fixes/workarounds that would solve this if it comes up again? (which it probably will)
  • Options
    Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited January 2011
    25 - Consigned to failure: Unfortunately, I never had any consignments, so the fix below will not work for me.
  • Options
    LatenightShyLatenightShy Posts: 13
    edited January 2011
    I belive that some one has already mentioned the whole, mass amounts of sims gatherig on a lot which results in crashing to desktop, but it's a major problem in going to uninstall tomorrow after school if I can't fix it but is tried multiple things and nothing works I actually made it worse by buldozing the lot that they were on sonia my game just freezes and I tried to replace the lot but this time it crashed my whole pc and turned it off... So I hate the LN EP as of now
  • Options
    SarahM8741SarahM8741 Posts: 10
    edited January 2011
    I have a family which consists of 6 generations :) I've had this neighborhood since I installed The Sims 3 for the firs...
    STOP. NO ONE IS HAVING BABIES ANYMORE. NO ONE.

I gathered that the reason for this was maybe because there's a population limit in ratio to housing. [idea, it would be great to see population statistics for your town, such as most employed career, most abundant age group, etc.] Yet apparently this is a bug in itself, the halt of reproduction.. Let's say that is a MINOR problem. Because the game stabilizes population itself by ridding of random sims. Such as any new borns/toddlers and children. I look in family trees to see dead children of those who tried to have kids. Or is it bad parenting? Because now they're appearing in colour in the family tree yet they are no where to be found... Not even in the relationship panel.

Family trees. Family trees = bad.
    1) Some LOOONG DEAD sims from 5 generations ago are appearing in colour in the family tree after being dead for a long, long time. No. they are not alive again, it is a bug. And now my first ever sim at the very top of the family tree has disappeared for no reason at all.

2) Some dead sims, mostly the ones who have been dead for the longest.. Their traits... Have gone haywire. I'm seeing abnormal amounts, and things that aren't even traits here. Like one dead sim is appearing with at least 15 in a giant list. Most of which are lifetime happiness extras which he gained and a couple of really odd ones like - 'Can apprehend burglar', and 'Rocker'. They even have icons too.

3) My sims are married. Now their family link turned pink [indicates bf/gf]. And their son is not registering their grandparents, neither is the wife registering mother in law or sister in laws. WHY. 2 Instances so far.
  • Options
    GjameskentGjameskent Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    Sims 3 Late Night keeps on freezing when I go into Build Mode and switch back to Live Mode? Im not sure because ive had this problem with Riverview a while ago and it seemed to fix itself? It just started happening again when I installed Sims 3 Late Night! I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and I loose all of my progress! Its really bugging me and I cant play my game!
    :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    orangeOrb wrote:
    I have all the available patches, all 3 EPs, High-End Loft stuff and custom content from the store (but thinking about getting the Awesome Mod.)

something in the past couple of days started occuring. every 30 seconds or so, the game would freeze for about 30 seconds and return to normal and this would happen non-stop. not sure if this has been posted as i don't have the patience to look through all the thread pages. i fixed it by putting the refresh rate at 75Hz and the problem went away. but today, my sims started to get stuck with no way to unstick them. sometimes the resetsim cheat would work but sometimes they return to normal of their own accord. but another sims did the same thing and i couldn't do anything about it. i had to exit without saving. went back in the at exactly 10:22 pm in the game, everyone in the family froze. 2 teen boys, 1 toddler girl and the parents. the parents and one of the teen boys were in there bed and were laying awkwardly, frozen and would cancel any commands given to them. i used the resetsim cheat and it worked for all of them. but do you know of any fixes/workarounds that would solve this if it comes up again? (which it probably will)

Are you playing Bridgeport?, if so this problem may be caused by sims getting stuck and then constantly trying to path across the city (the game freezes while calculating their routes even though they can't get anywhere), personally I'd recommend staying away from Bridgeport, it's very badly made!
    SarahM8741 wrote:
    I have a family which consists of 6 generations :) I've had this neighborhood since I installed The Sims 3 for the firs...
    STOP. NO ONE IS HAVING BABIES ANYMORE. NO ONE.

I gathered that the reason for this was maybe because there's a population limit in ratio to housing. [idea, it would be great to see population statistics for your town, such as most employed career, most abundant age group, etc.] Yet apparently this is a bug in itself, the halt of reproduction.. Let's say that is a MINOR problem. Because the game stabilizes population itself by ridding of random sims. Such as any new borns/toddlers and children. I look in family trees to see dead children of those who tried to have kids. Or is it bad parenting? Because now they're appearing in colour in the family tree yet they are no where to be found... Not even in the relationship panel.

The new 'alterations' made to the Story Progression cause TS3 to keep the population limits by 'killing' any children or toddlers, however it doesn't always properly kill them and so they can appear as alive on the family Tree!
    SarahM8741 wrote:
    Family trees. Family trees = bad.
    1) Some LOOONG DEAD sims from 5 generations ago are appearing in colour in the family tree after being dead for a long, long time. No. they are not alive again, it is a bug. And now my first ever sim at the very top of the family tree has disappeared for no reason at all.

I can't tell you anything about this, family trees are badly bugged in TS3 and have been sims World Adventures (I don't think that EA is particularly interested in fixing them!)
    SarahM8741 wrote:
    2) Some dead sims, mostly the ones who have been dead for the longest.. Their traits... Have gone haywire. I'm seeing abnormal amounts, and things that aren't even traits here. Like one dead sim is appearing with at least 15 in a giant list. Most of which are lifetime happiness extras which he gained and a couple of really odd ones like - 'Can apprehend burglar', and 'Rocker'. They even have icons too.

Are you using any mods?, I haven't heard of this one before!
    SarahM8741 wrote:
    3) My sims are married. Now their family link turned pink [indicates bf/gf]. And their son is not registering their grandparents, neither is the wife registering mother in law or sister in laws. WHY. 2 Instances so far.

Again, it's a family tree problem (which stupidly controls the relationships instead of the other way around).
    raw
  • Options
    SollykunSollykun Posts: 8
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone else ever had Sims that simply can't interact with anyone else, including family members?

I had to re-install my game recently due to a system wipe, and upon reinstalling I was met with a problem I didn't have in my previous game--no matter who the Sim is trying to interact with, the action always gets dropped. I can't click on my Sim or any other Sim and have menus appear, and any time that my Sim tries to interact out of free will, the action disappears after reaching the queue.

There are a few exceptions that I've found. Toddlers can still be potty-trained, put in cribs, and in highchairs, but only if you click on the object and the interaction through the object's menu. Sims can also talk to bartenders if the interaction is access through the bar's object menu. This doesn't include when Sims are moonlighting at bars, however, and trying to serve other Sims.

I am running WA, AMB, LN, and High End Loft, and have CC and store content that worked previously installed.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2011
    Got a new bug for you!

OLS Patch

My Sims can no longer gain any skills! That's right.

Cooking on a stove or reading a book does nothing. Taking a cooking class works in getting the Sim to Level 1, but you can't advance after that.

Same thing happened with my Athletic Sim. Worked out at the gym? No skill gain. Worked out at home? No skill gain. And he can't read a book on fitness, so it was off to the stadium! Got to Level 1 after the class, but he still couldn't gain any experiance from working out.
  • Options
    Krazey_babyKrazey_baby Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hi, I have a sim that is a ghost hunter. She is really high up in her work. but she is like frozen on a job she is standing there shooting her lazer to banish a ghost.She has been like that for 3 real days. She won't do anything, today is her birthday and she won't even celebrate her birthday. All of the other sims in her family are fine. Is there anyway that I can reset her or something?
  • Options
    TheSyChildTheSyChild Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I'm having a horrible time downloading and using a Curtis Paradis house that I want sooo bad... I don't know how to place the house on the lot. Can someone more advanced than myself PLEASE help me??