Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the log file ? error on upload,, says read the log.

Can only upload screenshots nothing else.

When i try it says error, read the log for further information.
Where oh where do i find the log, cant find it anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    ZombettyZombetty Posts: 34
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I can't figure out where the log is either... you would think there would be a link to it on the launcher somewhere...
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi,

For those having technical issues with uploading, you may wish to post in the following sticky thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/173768.page
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    lauren20lauren20 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i get the same message of read the Log but when i load the game launcher??
  • Options
    lovelyritalovelyrita Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    LMAONatalieLMAONatalie Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    sameeeeee
  • Options
    GisMianYGisMianY Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    I'm having download problems, be it the bonus town, sets or items. Error is the log message. I have found the log, it is just a html file in the program file. Don't tell you much though.
    Furthermore, I can't redeem my bonus car. Error is it has been redeemed. Checked with my site support and they are unable to resolve this mystery.
    Any1 please help.
  • Options
    short4evshort4ev Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    That's exactly what is happening with mine!
  • Options
    Jazzychik123Jazzychik123 Posts: 195 New Member
    edited July 2010
    me too!! someone help us!! please!
  • Options
    kelly1Annakelly1Anna Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2010
    We are screwed i am in the middle of talking with the support people but they made manually uninstall and re-install and still the same message. There are so many sets that i cannot buy :(

Also is anyone getting the message on the download tab on the launcher "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" i think that might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    callitalullabycallitalullaby Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Are you using Internet Explorer? Whenever I use IE it always comes up with this message but when I switch to another browser it works fine! (I use google chrome) Hope it works for you all!
  • Options
    louise2605louise2605 Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    Im using google chrome and it still isnt working!
    Did it start when u all uploaded the disc?? x
  • Options
    DevilGurlDevilGurl Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I was trying to update my game and now the whole "There was an error during start up. See the log for more details" comes up. Has ANYONE found a solution to this here?
  • Options
    lariael37lariael37 Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Please post your Dxdiag if you are still having this problem. 90% of the time the error message means that the computer is no longer capable of running the game because of minimum requirements... Not *always*, but mostly.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2010
    I am now getting this same message when trying to download anything from the store.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I can't help you if you're on a Mac. But if you're on a PC running Windows Vista or Win7, your log files are in your admin tools in the Event Viewer. The path should be the same... Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Administrative Tools (select the viewer from the list). I do believe you need to have Admin rights to do this view the logs files.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2010
    What if youre using Windows XP?
  • Options
    snecky101snecky101 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2010
    not working for me either :cry: even when i try n play the game now it doesn't work :x
  • Options
    eNviedeNvied Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    For me i removed my Resource.cfg file from my World Adventures before the message began to appear, so all i did was reinstall and "no more message...YAY"...hopefully it works for you guys!
  • Options
    phili9pphili9p Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    Sorry I can't help you if you're on a Mac. But if you're on a PC running Windows Vista or Win7, your log files are in your admin tools in the Event Viewer. The path should be the same... Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Administrative Tools (select the viewer from the list). I do believe you need to have Admin rights to do this view the logs files.
    I have found event viewer but there is not a log for the sims3

My problem is that i can not upload videos and it comes up with "see log"
    also i have found administrative tools but there is nothing in there either. :(
  • Options
    mrsd420mrsd420 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2010
    i just want to play my game. all this happened after i updated it. now i cant play becuase of this stupid error. someone please fix this!
  • Options
    SharpieZSharpieZ Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    God, it's making me so angry. I've tried everything, but it still says I need to see the log ):
  • Options
    izziebizzieizziebizzie Posts: 8
    edited January 2011
    I am also getting the
    "Error. There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details"
    message. WHERE IS THE LOG? and HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM?
    EA, PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE! :evil:
  • Options
    berrycool12berrycool12 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    im so mad at this game i cant downlode anything and a few days ago i wanted to play the and i cilcked the game launcher to play the game and it said sorry if you war in the middle of doing somthing cuz it wont be saved i was so mad but i fix it but still cant downlode anything so mad!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LinSunLinSun Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I still get the same thing. Tech support hasn't helped me so far. This problem looks like something EA should be fixing or my product isn't worth what it is advertised for. Here is what my event log shows:

0000000076: 2011-01-18 19:44:08:583 Unable to obtain Color Correction information, dem status: -2
    Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceLCD.Graphics.Runtime.RT_DeviceLCD::Parse processID:03820 threadID:( ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Aspect.DeviceLCD.Graphics.Runtime, Version=2.0.3609.23315, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
  • Options
    kittynethertonkittynetherton Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    I have not been able to successfully upload videos, but so far is not affecting my game at all. I would really like to get those videos uploaded though =(
    I was able to upload my sim..after some effort..