Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

...Springfield... - I'll come back to it. Maybe.

Comments

• Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited December 2010
    OH WOW CONNOR! this update is immense! very well done!
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas!
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2010
    @Potato - thanks! I had to do a lot of research to get Moe's right - I think I did! :D

@Blueeyed - thank you! There may be another one coming during the week, maybe. And thanks, I had a wonderful Christmas, I hope you did too, and that you got what you wanted! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Looks fantastic :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Looks fantastic :D

Thanks Silver...I hope I didn't disappoint you over the release Date (I said it would be Xmas Eve....whoops :oops: )
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    nah, it's okay. to be honest, I had totally forgotten all about this. You know, x-mas is a very hectic time :lol
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    nah, it's okay. to be honest, I had totally forgotten all about this. You know, x-mas is a very hectic time :lol

Hectic's not the word, Silver! :lol: Don't worry, though, the time will come the Title of this thread will say, 'RELEASED'. When that day comes - I'll applaud you for such immense patience! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited December 2010
    Love it! :mrgreen:
    Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I'm busy working on my magazine, being Head Stylist is hard work!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I'm busy working on my magazine, being Head Stylist is hard work!

Thanks! :P No worries - magazine? In RL, or here on the forums..? Are you getting Paid?! :lol:
  • Options
    angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey conor, I remember a while ago you were asking about possible ways to make the cooling tower and I said that the way I would do it would be to make a new mesh? :?:

I know you said you weren't keen on CC but when I was looking over this thread this afternoon I had an urge to help you out a bit. :D So, Happy Christmas - I made a cooling tower mesh for you (from scratch! I'm very proud of myself :mrgreen: ) I put it on my blog, with a bit of info about it, as well as pictures. http://thepurplefreezerbunny.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/simpsons-cooling-tower-for-conorsim/

No pressure to use it, was straight forward to make. But I hope you like it! I just couldn't imagine Springfield's horizon without them!
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited December 2010
    Conorsim wrote:

Thanks! :P No worries - magazine? In RL, or here on the forums..? Are you getting Paid?! :lol:

Well, the recruitment thread was here on the forums, but we're making it on this website that the edior made. We'll be advertising it here on the forums, with links and stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's not? I could've sworn it was...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey conor, I remember a while ago you were asking about possible ways to make the cooling tower and I said that the way I would do it would be to make a new mesh? :?:

I know you said you weren't keen on CC but when I was looking over this thread this afternoon I had an urge to help you out a bit. :D So, Happy Christmas - I made a cooling tower mesh for you (from scratch! I'm very proud of myself :mrgreen: ) I put it on my blog, with a bit of info about it, as well as pictures. http://thepurplefreezerbunny.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/simpsons-cooling-tower-for-conorsim/

No pressure to use it, was straight forward to make. But I hope you like it! I just couldn't imagine Springfield's horizon without them!

Angel lillie - um, about that...you might want to read this:
    madgaz wrote:
    Hi Conorsim,

If you were still looking for some cooling towers for your power station, I have come across some at the link below:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/c...tle/Cooling Tower/id/969910/

Either way - this is looking great! You have a great eye for detail! Love it - keep up the good work!

All the best
    Gaz

I've already found the towers. Gaz's post can be found on the end of page 25. I feel rather sheepish now - as I'd asked for a mesher, no one came, and I moved on - not thinking of what I left behind - you. I should have told people like you, who were so dearly offering their time to me, that I'd already found them; before you decided to go on and make the Tower. Thanks anyway, but as you know, I can't really accept after I've already set down to using the ones I have.

I hope it doesn't disappoint you, Angel. And anyway, I hope the Towers gave you fun (if any) and new ideas for meshing. Thanks all the same. :P
  • Options
    angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Ah well, never mind then!
  • Options
    xXDanielleVXxxXDanielleVXx Posts: 263
    edited December 2010
    Any idea of a date it will be out yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Any idea of a date it will be out yet?

How long is a piece of string?

But in all seriousness - I don't know. The world is starting to fill with lots, and I'm, as I said time and time again, I'm working on it everday - be it making lots, characters or refining the world in CAW. Time. :D
  • Options
    maddiroxxmaddiroxx Posts: 636 New Member
    edited December 2010
    oops- conor posted right before me.

Anyways, this is amazing!
  • Options
    emmybeanemmybean Posts: 29
    edited December 2010
    Conorsim, if you need any help making characters I'd be more than happy to lend a hand! Got 3 whole weeks of nothing to do and I need to keep busy :wink:
  • Options
    Dovepaw15Dovepaw15 Posts: 146
    edited December 2010
    You have bown my mind. This is AMAZEING!!!!! :!: I will bookmark this!

(As soon as I find out how... Sorry about the spelling. It is very late my time right now and I can barely spell when I'm not really sleepy.)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hi peoples :mrgreen:

Just saying that, as it's New Years, I'm taking a break for the next two days. I just need an overall break from the world, too, as I've been working on it nearly everyday - gathering research, doing lots, in CAw, characters etc - so I'm exhausted. I only got 6 hours sleep last night so my eyes are burning up :oops:

Oh, and I just thought I'd say 'Have a Good New Years!' Stay safe, won't ye..? And come back next year *ahem* saturday *ahem* and I'll get back to 'work.' There'll be (most likely) an update next week, so I'm preparing for that still. :)
    maddiroxx wrote:
    oops- conor posted right before me.

Anyways, this is amazing!

Thanks for your kinds words!
    emmybean wrote:
    Conorsim, if you need any help making characters I'd be more than happy to lend a hand! Got 3 whole weeks of nothing to do and I need to keep busy

Hi there, Emmy :D Whoa - that's the first time I've been asked to I need help! I'm flattered! But, I have nearly all characters done. And I wouldn't trust you with the lots (no offence) because the lot sizes are very awkward and you could only build if you had CAW yourself to make the lots and build on them. I deeply thank you for your offer, I really do - but I'll be only happy if I did this myself. And anyway, if I make a mistake, I'll be blamed -if you make a mistake - you'll be blamed. And I don't want that. Not out of your generosity will you be. Thanks all the same! I appreciate it! :mrgreeen:
    dovepaw15 wrote:
    You have bown my mind. This is AMAZEING!!!!! I will bookmark this!

(As soon as I find out how... Sorry about the spelling. It is very late my time right now and I can barely spell when I'm not really sleepy.)

Hi there, Dovepaw. Haha thanks for your kind words! haha - I don't mind about the spelling, I often make 'em myself! :lol:

'til next next,

-Conor. :P

• Options
    emmybeanemmybean Posts: 29
    edited December 2010
    Conorsim wrote:
    Hi there, Emmy :D Whoa - that's the first time I've been asked to I need help! I'm flattered! But, I have nearly all characters done. And I wouldn't trust you with the lots (no offence) because the lot sizes are very awkward and you could only build if you had CAW yourself to make the lots and build on them. I deeply thank you for your offer, I really do - but I'll be only happy if I did this myself. And anyway, if I make a mistake, I'll be blamed -if you make a mistake - you'll be blamed. And I don't want that. Not out of your generosity will you be. Thanks all the same! I appreciate it! :mrgreeen:

Ah it's OK! Had a feeling you were nearly done anyway, I was just asking on the off-chance - no offence taken :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    emmybean wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

Ah it's OK! Had a feeling you were nearly done anyway, I was just asking on the off-chance - no offence taken :wink:

If I was, however, only starting - by all means I would accept your offer. I'm just halfawy-done (I feel) And I'm pretty much done in CAW. All is left is lots - what an utter pain, seriously. It's easy when you know what they look like, but jeez, the research. But don't worry - I'm ploughing through :wink:
  • Options
    maddiroxxmaddiroxx Posts: 636 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm so excited about this. Happy new year!
  • Options
    oliversmillieoliversmillie Posts: 21
    edited January 2011
    Happy New Year. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Happy New Year - oliver and maddiroxx - and to everyone! :D
  • Options
    DeannaleblancDeannaleblanc Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    :) It looks great. i love the simpsons!