Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Aniegos - ~~PARADISE EDITION~~ Now Available!

Comments

• Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited December 2010
    Aaronjay I like your castle.
  • Options
    AaronjayAaronjay Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2010
    The castle spire and columns are totally decorative. i didn't want to destroy the beautiful foundation coasterboi put time into building. i just improved it. i can upload now with the castle set item at TSR free. ill need to make a few changes first. should be up after Christmas.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SverigeSimSverigeSim Posts: 119 New Member
    edited December 2010
    moefy wrote:
    thank you
    geen probleem. :]
    heb je het maken?
  • Options
    WebbyMom11WebbyMom11 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2010
    I've installed the new version and was playing Pat Gabriel (Lead Actor) and his wife, Julia Sterling (Supporting Actress) today. But I'm noticing that their needs are moving either up or down. Very weird! They're all at the top except for fun, which is stuck at half-way. Does anyone know why that might be??

Other than that, I looooove their house! This is a shot of the drive - nice and private for these two stars.

Screenshot-146.jpg

And a bit further up the drive. Amazing fountain and entry area!

Screenshot-147.jpg

This is the house from the back side - nicely built on a cliff!

Screenshot-152.jpg

Pat was REALLY stoked about the pool. LOL

Screenshot-148.jpg

These two are pretty lovey-dovey! (Or are they just good actors????)

Screenshot-150.jpg

And I love that the hot tub is in a room all on it's own, off the pool deck! I tell you, it would take me forever to just build this house, let alone all of the great houses in this world AND the world! :!: :!: (Oh - and in this shot, we find that apparently, Pat is a little bit outgoing and likes to soak in the buff! :shock: I died laughing when I stopped it to find out where he was and this was the shot I got!)

Screenshot-151.jpg

• Options
    dumont94dumont94 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2010
    well this seems like an awesome city!! does it work okay and not have any issues?
    and what is the custom weather? does that work okay? want to download it but wanna make sure everything works okay and is actually what i expect it to be :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It seems to be a hit or miss with performance - it crashes/lags for some, while for others, including myself, it works great!

So all I can say is download it and see how it plays for you, and be sure you have the required expansions!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh okay thanks and what did u do to the weather? :?:
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2010
    more pics! this time I let Erin have some fun :mrgreen:

b8a3nq.jpg
    going out to dinner with her friend Cho Suzuki
    16awaq1.jpg
    Who is that handsome fella shakin it at the Rainbow Room? :wink:
    j0cp6q.jpg
    Getting checked out by Nick
    dbgisx.jpg
    maybe they will hit it off? :lol:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    hrussiohrussio Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bummer...I downloaded it. But it gives an error when I try to save, and crashes. Darn. But it's gorgeous! Super job on it.
    Were the houses downloaded from somewhere? Or all they all custom for that hood? If they are downloaded or on the exchange somewhere, can anyone give links to them? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kewln00bkewln00b Posts: 158
    edited December 2010
    That's amazing, how many times bigger is this than Sunset Valley or Riverview? I'd say something like 5 maybe?
  • Options
    somechick10011somechick10011 Posts: 809 Member
    edited December 2010
    i know someone must have asked this...error code 12 when saving....i only get that code if i have traveled somewhere and then came back??? if someone has answered this please let me know thank a ton :):):)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay I know this thread is pretty popular so I am going to try and reach as many people as I can by posting this "off topic" topic. Sorry Coasterboi, but you did say that you just wanted to keep the thread bumpping to page one ;)

Okay, here goes...

Okay so I came up with this idea today to make the game just a tiny bit more challenging for simmers. Kinda. Let me explain.

I have two teen daughters that play the sims with me. We LOVE the sims.
    But, we want more challenge without changing the game. Here's what we came up with that would be so simple to do.

You know how the sim obtains lifetime happiness points and we spend them on things to make life easier for them. If we could have a counter added that will continuously keep track of the lifetime points that would be awesome. This way, even when you spend the points, you still would know how many points the sim accumulated over their lifetime. Thereby creating a bit of a challenge for those that play each other.

We have 2 computers in the same room in our house and we play the sims together a lot. It would be nice to try and top each others score each day. To see who could obtain the higher lifetime happiness score that day. Right now, once you spend the points the score is not easily tallied. But if EA could show the total lifetime happiness points from birth to current time that would be so great, and easy for EA to do.

What do you guys think. Do you agree that a total lifetime score counter would be fine to add? Even if you don't use it, it could be used by other players don't you agree?

Please post and bump this thread. Anything that adds more game playing options is a yes by me!

DON'T RESPOND HERE. cLICK THE LINK BELOW TO RESPOND. PLEASE PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THE THREAD BELOW.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/317259.page

Thanks guys :oops:
  • Options
    WebbyMom11WebbyMom11 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2010
    hrussio wrote:
    Bummer...I downloaded it. But it gives an error when I try to save, and crashes. Darn. But it's gorgeous! Super job on it.
    Were the houses downloaded from somewhere? Or all they all custom for that hood? If they are downloaded or on the exchange somewhere, can anyone give links to them? Thanks in advance.

About the crashing - maybe try playing the world in a "vanilla" folder, if you have any CC so you're sure it's not a conflict with a mod or some CC somewhere. Also, see about setting your graphics a bit lower here and there, particularly make sure to enable hiding objects and set the lots rendered at high detail to 2. See if that makes a difference. Might be your particular graphics card/computer abilities.

These houses, I'm sure, were built for this world and not downloaded. See my pic above of the Gabriel/Sterling mansion. That kind of building on a cliff can't be easily done with a downloaded house. ;) They're gorgeous homes, so do see if you can get the world running, it's so worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    WebbyMom11 wrote:
    hrussio wrote:

About the crashing - maybe try playing the world in a "vanilla" folder, if you have any CC so you're sure it's not a conflict with a mod or some CC somewhere. Also, see about setting your graphics a bit lower here and there, particularly make sure to enable hiding objects and set the lots rendered at high detail to 2. See if that makes a difference. Might be your particular graphics card/computer abilities.

These houses, I'm sure, were built for this world and not downloaded. See my pic above of the Gabriel/Sterling mansion. That kind of building on a cliff can't be easily done with a downloaded house. ;) They're gorgeous homes, so do see if you can get the world running, it's so worth it!

EVERYTHING in this downloaded world was created by Coasterboi and Coasterboi alone.

Some players create things after they download this world and will post a thread showing what they made and sometimes offer a link on the exchange. See page 40 for an example., But Coasterboi created EVERYTHING that you see in the download version of this world and the lots are not seperately available on the exchange.

Here's a suggestion you might try if you can't play the world but you want the lots. You could go into edit town and save the lots to the bin and add them to another town, however some lots will require some editing once placed since they may not be built on a completely flat surface.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What does the custom weather do in the city? :?:
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It just tweaks the sky color, sunset times, heat haze and view distance. Gives it an overall hazy LA atmosphere :)
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have been playing it for about a day, and it looks pretty good. Your being featured is well deserved.

I hope you are looking for some constructive criticism as we play with your world. If not, ignore the rest of this post.

One thing which seems to be sorely missing are grocery stores. They seem to be few and far between. I have been trying to add one in the downtown area, but the lack of spaces to put new buildings is proving to be a major pain in the neck. I demolished one of the highrises because I was coveting the space used for a parking garage for placement of a corner grocery store. I may have to do more demolition to get everything to fit.

It probably would be appropriate for every residential area to have a grocery store. Spas, bookstores and theaters would seem to be a secondary priorities.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i know someone must have asked this...error code 12 when saving....i only get that code if i have traveled somewhere and then came back??? if someone has answered this please let me know thank a ton :):):)

If you are getting error code 12 or 13, your game is pretty well borked. I encountered this with Red County. Eventually, I used Twallan's porter mod to move my family and a few friends to a new version of the world. In effect you need to start over.

If you Google "Sims 3 Error 12" you may find other things to try. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwdjvvY2F7I

You might also want to Google "CFF Explorer Mod."
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited December 2010
    I got it to work smooth again!!!

I think it was a skin that made my game freeze. It was hidden between the hair cc. (something I can't live without)
    I also removed all thing installed with the launcher and made them packages and putted in my mods folder. (the launcher was driving me crazy) I runs much smoother now and load much quicker too! I also haven't had any crashes to the desktop anymore. So I am a happy person.

For people who are doubting if there pc is good enough. I have a nvidia gforce 9600 1024 gig video-cart, 4 gig ram memory and a intel core 2 quad 240ghz cpu. Not the best pc out there, but not the worst either.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    :mrgreen:
    Post your Christmas pics below!
    23jfnt0.jpg
    6r1req.jpg
    ax1z0n.jpg
    2vb4qz4.jpg
    w0q3k4.jpg
    2ilil3l.jpg

It's the haaap happiest season of all :mrgreen:
    It's the most wonderful time of the year! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I'm listening to christmas music right now :lol:
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2010
    Gotta love the sims Coasterboi put in this world
    2ywicup.jpg
    Doesn't she just wreak of "Real Housewives"?

And an update on Erin and Nick, I guess they did hit it off
    2ps0mz7.jpg
    They fell in love and are getting married!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2010
    Alrighty. So, yeah. Here's my shpeal about how amazing this world is and to pretty much piggy back on all the compliments and praise Coasterboi has gotten for his awesome creation. And after I've finally had some time to actually install and play this world, I love it even more than all of the screenshots everyone has posted. Let me just say, I'm originally from LA, living in god-awful GA right now (sorry, no offense to Georgians), but O-M-G does this world make me insanely home sick. Even just the comical street names, and especially the diversity of pre-made families; it just speaks so much about Coasterboi's level of detail and an homage to an amazing city.

As far as game play, I did experience a bit of slowage but that's to be expected for a world of this size. I removed NRAAS Story Progression and that sped things up a bit.
    tjstreak wrote:
    One thing which seems to be sorely missing are grocery stores.

I absolutely agree, although I don't mean that as a criticism. Actually, I would like to see/am planning on building a few Mini Malls. You know, Nail Shop, Donut Shop/Chinese Food, Health Food store, Pet shop, Travel Agency, 7-Eleven...something along those lines, all snugly built in a U-shape around a tiny parking lot. So many possibilities.

I've just been in CAS for a bit and came out with my LA girl Chelsea:

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

She's living Downtown right in the middle of the action. So, she can truck it all over town on her bike...on the freeway. That was too cute :)

I'm already starting my makeovers and stuff. My Chelsea needs a few Hipsters to hang with:

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

I was just about to start re-decorating her apartment, and then Build mode stalled out on me and I was stuck with that circular icon. Boooooo!

Anyway, again Coasterboi, beautiful work. Loving every minute of play time.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, here is my sim family all ready for the unwrapping of the gifts.
    Mothers ;)
    1zc1uls.jpg
    Little Lizzy, still finishing her list.
    9j0xtj.jpg
    156y6mp.jpg
    nfljtc.jpg
    2nqb2bq.jpg
    They had a wonderful Christmas.
  • Options
    unaipunaip Posts: 12
    edited December 2010
    I love the world, there are about 10clubs. But the bartenders only work for 1 or 2 clubs, is it normal? some of the clubs without bartenders=[
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    unaip wrote:
    I love the world, there are about 10clubs. But the bartenders only work for 1 or 2 clubs, is it normal? some of the clubs without bartenders=[

This seems to be a problem with Nightlife in general. I use Twallans register mod to assign a bartender. I only have to do this once -- after that, all posts are filled.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top