Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

forget about it

Comments

• Options
    ArvigArvig Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not going to read the trolling back and forth.

I will say this though, that a lot of people don't seem to comprehend.

It IS possible to like the Sims 3, to be someone like myself whom with rare exception have played the Sims 3 each day since launch, and YET dislike the prices at the Sims 3 store.

It is ALSO possible to be able to afford the prices at the Sims 3 store, and YET not be willing to pay said prices because they feel they are overpriced.

The store itself I don't have a problem with per-se. The prices I do. I can afford to buy items there if I so desired. But unless they lower the prices, I won't. Nothing there I feel is worth the current price.

To give an example I have used many times before, the most expensive Sims 3 store item set is $20.00. Currently the expansions for the Sims 2 on Amazon.com are $20.00 if I recall right. Last time I looked which was less then a month ago they were. Assuming they use the same price for Sims 3 expansions, I do not feel that item set is worth the same as an expansion. VERY far from it. I can give other examples where I feel the store is vastly overpriced, but that hopefully gives an example.

If people like their prices, find them fair, great. Enjoy buying things. But I don't, and I will voice that I don't in threads here.

Hopefully I won't be flamed or insulted for daring to post this. If I am, so be it. You did NOTHING to change my opinion if you do flame or insult me though.
  • Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    People are entitled to their opinions and protests. Heck it seems like the same 7 or 8 people are to only ones saying that they like the store and are quick to point out that The Sims 3 has more stuff than The Sims 2 did, and that's ok too. I know that I personally spend more for The Sims 3 than The Sims 2. If I remember right I payed $49.95 for Sims 2 and $56.95 for the Sims 3. Both were bought at release and the price difference isn't that much. With expansions I usually wait about 3 months and the prices drop by about $10 because unlike most of the pro store folk I'm well within the poverty level and a penny saved is a penny I have to spend on more important things.
  • Options
    dangadriandangadrian Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dangadrian wrote:
    I remember TS2 being $60. (Not collectors edition)

Someone go do some research and supply a source. Quit ******** and go prove something.

Still waiting.. otherwise you're all full of ****.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2009
    You people need to CHILL OUT!

Sims3 was sooo not cheaper that Sims2. About the same price, if not a little more.

And some simmers are probably disappointed because they probably had all the expansion packs and aren't used to so little stuff.

The game is missing a lot of stuff.
    For example:
    the wedding arch
    changing tables

Also, there could be more hairstyles that we don't have to buy. If you add up all of the money someone spends on Sims... its A LOT. Especially if you are just in high school and don't have a job. I can't blame people for wanting free stuff.

My rant is over :)
  • Options
    RedLightningRedLightning Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Toppenzap wrote:
    Redlightning, Sims 2 had plenty of expensive expansion packs also, so expansion packs for Sims 3 will not make it any more expensive than Sims 2.

And, the Sims 2 store also had store-only items also, so Sims 2 is just as expensive as Sims 3.

I will point out, however, that the sims 2 store was opened after the release.. way after..

This time.. they were brazen enough to put the content in the store at the same time as the games release.

I'm sorry .. but for the life of me, after all the games that EA has eaten and destroyed, and now the current course of action with the sims 3 .. that people can even slightly defend any action like this.

I will also state that I've never purchased anything from the sims 2 store either, and I never will.. especially if they are the same prices.. out of principle..

If EA wanted to be that greedy.. they can keep it.
  • Options
    cipher88101cipher88101 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They want the store closed down?

Why would that be, so we can buy another near dozen expansion packs? So we can have items being made by people outside of EA so they can make money and which aren't supported by EA, which strips you of customer support? Having that store there does not take these things away from them, but taking it away would be taking it away from all of us, and I don't like others trying to force me to go in a certain direction. If you want your piano back SO bad RIGHT NOW, I'm sure somebody will make one and charge you for it so that your game can crash and then you can clog the forums with your complaints of game instability. EA is making a smart business move with this store AND they have to support these items if they cause game issues. Personally, I like the fact that my sim can jog from one end of town to the other and when he gets home, I can customize his/her clothes all I want without being a 3d artist, but to be honest, I will probably not use the store much unless there is something really cool on it. Point being, I like having options, keep your hands off my options!

Wooosahh

Ok, I'm good now.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009

Why would that be, so we can buy another near dozen expansion packs? So we can have items being made by people outside of EA so they can make money and which aren't supported by EA, which strips you of customer support? Having that store there does not take these things away from them, but taking it away would be taking it away from all of us, and I don't like others trying to force me to go in a certain direction. If you want your piano back SO bad RIGHT NOW, I'm sure somebody will make one and charge you for it so that your game can crash and then you can clog the forums with your complaints of game instability. EA is making a smart business move with this store AND they have to support these items if they cause game issues. Personally, I like the fact that my sim can jog from one end of town to the other and when he gets home, I can customize his/her clothes all I want without being a 3d artist, but to be honest, I will probably not use the store much unless there is something really cool on it. Point being, I like having options, keep your hands off my options!

Wooosahh

Ok, I'm good now.

This^ :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Wooosahh

Ok, I'm good now.

I have downloaded thousands and thousands of custom objects and game mods over the years.. from sims 1 on.. and I can remember having problems with cloned toilets from the sims 1 .. I can not however remember any problems that were caused from any mod that I've ever downloaded since. At least no problems that were not fixed faster than EA could possibly ever do.

Matter of fact if it were not for mods and extra user made content.. the sims franchise would not be as big as it is today.

In order to keep a game interesting, new things need to be added to keep it fresh. Thankfully, the mod/custom object makers have kept this game fresh since cloning from the sims 1. I'm sure I would have given up on this game in a few months had it not had this ability to be modded... I'm sure that you have missed out on some great stuff keeping your game kosher.

As far as the support is concerned.... EA really is low and slow.. in my humble opinion.

Though I can see where you are coming from, for sure.

P.S. I've never spent money on user created mods/objects. I do not agree with that philosophy.. as in T$R.
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009

Wooosahh

Ok, I'm good now.

I have downloaded thousands and thousands of custom objects and game mods over the years.. from sims 1 on.. and I can remember having problems with cloned toilets from the sims 1 .. I can not however remember any problems that were caused from any mod that I've ever downloaded since. At least no problems that were not fixed faster than EA could possibly ever do.

Matter of fact if it were not for mods and extra user made content.. the sims franchise would not be as big as it is today.

In order to keep a game interesting, new things need to be added to keep it fresh. Thankfully, the mod/custom object makers have kept this game fresh since cloning from the sims 1. I'm sure I would have given up on this game in a few months had it not had this ability to be modded... I'm sure that you have missed out on some great stuff keeping your game kosher.

As far as the support is concerned.... EA really is low and slow.. in my humble opinion.

Though I can see where you are coming from, for sure.

P.S. I've never spent money on user created mods/objects. I do not agree with that philosophy.. as in T$R.

QFT ( btw No matter what people say my petitioning stands strong )
  • Options
    HypesesHypeses Posts: 171 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got the S2 double Delux 2 or so years ago [or last year, I can't remember] but I know it wasn't $50USD. However Sims 3 is a higher quality game, and you'd be blinding yourself if you think things get cheaper as they get more complex and <usually> better. I'd say we got our money's worth, since we can make 1,386 versions of the same chair, and have them look different. (understatement it is!)

The store, pricy, is fine, and if they released EP's through it I'd be glad [less things made and distributed thus saving EA money, but they're not going to miss the chance to pay Terry Truck-Driver to drive a load of game copies to Target.]

Also, why on why, on top of more why, are people getting in a hurrumph about no hot tub? It's a friggin' hot tub pixle item! That's like being mad your 4 star cruise to Saudi Arabia didn't have leather head warmers with a carmal glaze, like other 3 star cruises.
    [not exaclty, more like your room didn't come with dark chocolate mints]
    In short, I bought what I wanted, although a Sims 3 Triple Deluxe will make me dispise my bought game.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hypeses wrote:
    I got the S2 double Delux 2 or so years ago [or last year, I can't remember] but I know it wasn't $50USD. However Sims 3 is a higher quality game, and you'd be blinding yourself if you think things get cheaper as they get more complex and <usually> better. I'd say we got our money's worth, since we can make 1,386 versions of the same chair, and have them look different. (understatement it is!)

The store, pricy, is fine, and if they released EP's through it I'd be glad [less things made and distributed thus saving EA money, but they're not going to miss the chance to pay Terry Truck-Driver to drive a load of game copies to Target.]

Also, why on why, on top of more why, are people getting in a hurrumph about no hot tub? It's a friggin' hot tub pixle item! That's like being mad your 4 star cruise to Saudi Arabia didn't have leather head warmers with a carmal glaze, like other 3 star cruises.
    [not exaclty, more like your room didn't come with dark chocolate mints]
    In short, I bought what I wanted, although a Sims 3 Triple Deluxe will make me dispise my bought game.

LOL mainly because a hot tub is a HUGE part of this franchise! You would know that if you had played prior to The Sims 2, seeing is the hot tub was in The Sims 2 and The sims Original.
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im sure we will get more musical instruments and the hot tub, in the expansion packs. But the sims 2 base had no cars that came with Nighlife, we have more cars in this game then came with nightlife. The base also did not have rock or butterfly collecting. The rocks you send them away can get them cut, and displayed quite a few ways. They appreciate in Value. The butterfly and bug terraniams are way cool, we had nothing like that in Sims 2 base. Also there are all the fish you can catch and put in fish bowls, there were no fish in Sims 2. There was no gardening in the base either, and we can grow lots of plants your Sims can grow. :) There's also the magical gnomes. So many cool items in this game. This game literally rocks. For example the painting Skill, they can make lots of different pictures for their houses, super expensive ones and they appreciate in value :).
  • Options
    LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    Again, I don't understand, how you can complain of not having a hot tub or a piano, when you are offered so much of other stuff?

So do you think that
    a) sims 3 should contain all of the stuff from sims 2 base game plus more (wich would be a game that would cost olike a 100 dollors)
    b) do you wish to have all stuff from sims 2 basegame...and that's it? Because if you wish to have all that from sims 2, you should go ahead and play it.
    If you want tthat and more, that would cost more money.

Now, we have, in sims 3, more items than we had in sims 2. They are not exactly the same itims. We got an open world and so on...
    And you are not satisfied? For the money you've paid?

• Options
    LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    SimmieK wrote:
    Lol what? TS3 is cheaper then TS2? are you insane?

Aw, now that wasn't very nice, SimmieK, particularly from someone who has such a problem when I come into her petition thread with a different opinion.

I don't think the OP is saying that the actual price was cheaper, but we got more for our dollar here, and I agree.

LOL your petty jokes don't hurt me at all...
    And if your smart you could tell that I used insane as a joke...
    I mean how in the hell is TS3 cheaper then TS2?
    Those free 1k sim points? lol no way! That was a ploy silly!

If you really want argue with someone you should read the posts.
    I mentioned that sims 3 was cheaper, for a fact. If you didn't buy the book.
    When sims 2 came out, it costed 75 dollors in Sweden, that was the cheapest price. Maybe because it was then, 5 years ago. Maybe because it contained 4 cd's, I don't know.

I got the sims 3 , from the same store, at the most expensive price, without a book (other stored had it for 45), I got it for 55.
    That's why I am telling you that it is cheaper. That is a fact. It's nothing I came up with, so I am definitely not insane. Jokingly or not.

I remember clearly how I, before the day of the realse of sims 3 was worrying that it would cost 75 dollors, as the sims 2 did. I even told my husband, that I am counting on that to be the price.
    I was pleasently suprised , very suprised, to see sims 3 cost as much as an expansion pack costed for sims 2.
    Then I worried that sims 3 maybe conatined very little, and thats why it costed so much less. But then again, i was suprised to get much more in the sims 3 base game, than I got in sims 2 basegame for that money.

I don't give a **** about those extra points. i haven't even used all of them. because the store offers me nothing that is really very nessasary to have. Maybe, sometime I will buy something, when I need it. Something that i personally will need.
    I would never say i want those things for free (or cheaper), because I know how hard it is to work on meshes only. It's peoples jobs. They work, they create, and if you like those extra stuff, you chose to either buy or not.
    You cannot decide how much peoples hard work is worth. Because you haven't been in their shoes.

Trust me, nobody have fooled you. You have a complete game. A game that you say you enjoy. This is sims 3, not sims 2.
  • Options
    danijane88danijane88 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Goodness me this is intense.

I can't believe people are complaining about like three things that are 'missing' when there are so many more things we got in return. I have played The Sims since the very first base game, and would not consider the hot tub a 'very' big part of the franchise.

As for the store, I personally think it's a great idea. I haven't even used all my free points yet because I've only downloaded one or two things. Which is great! Because you can pick and choose what to spend your money on. I love having choice.

Why on earth would anyone want the store closed?! If you don't like it, don't use it. Therefore it no longer affects you. The end!

At least then it remains available to those who want to use it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    danijane88 wrote:

I can't believe people are complaining about like three things that are 'missing' when there are so many more things we got in return. I have played The Sims since the very first base game, and would not consider the hot tub a 'very' big part of the franchise.

As for the store, I personally think it's a great idea. I haven't even used all my free points yet because I've only downloaded one or two things. Which is great! Because you can pick and choose what to spend your money on. I love having choice.

Why on earth would anyone want the store closed?! If you don't like it, don't use it. Therefore it no longer affects you. The end!

This^.

I've played since the beginning, too, and rarely used the hot tub, if at all. The hot tub does not make or break the Sims franchise and it's ridiculous to think it does. The games are so much more than a hot tub or piano.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

I've played since the beginning, too, and rarely used the hot tub, if at all. The hot tub does not make or break the Sims franchise and it's ridiculous to think it does. The games are so much more than a hot tub or piano.

I agree it has so much more to offer! But a true fan knows when failure is just around the bin. And if things keep going the way they are, EA will fail... :?
    EA or no EA! I love The Sims! And my problem is I don't wanna see this Wonderful franchise go down hill! And sadly it will! Especially if EA thinks they can treat us like this! Without us, there would be no EA!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

I agree it has so much more to offer! But a true fan knows when failure is just around the bin. And if things keep going the way they are, EA will fail... :?
    EA or no EA! I love The Sims! And my problem is I don't wanna see this Wonderful franchise go down hill! And sadly it will! Especially if EA thinks they can treat us like this! Without us, there would be no EA!

Give it time, it's only been out a month. Who knows what the next EP will bring.

I am curious to know, though, what makes a true fan?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

Give it time, it's only been out a month. Who knows what the next EP will bring.

Trust me I'm a true fan!
    My beef with the store prices and lack of respect has nothing to do
    with The Sims or its franchise! LONG LIVE THE SIMS!
    As a fellow simmer/fan I want only the BEST for this game!
    And I'm not petitioning out of greed for myself, no way!
    I'm petitioning for us! For all of the fan base!
    People think your not a fan if you go against EA? What's EA have to do with you not being a fan! Hell I have been an avid Simmer since day one! I just want what is best! And satisfying their fan base should come first and foremost!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    SimmieK wrote:
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

Trust me I'm a true fan!
    People think your not a fan if you go against EA? What's EA have to do with you not being a fan! Hell I have been an avid Simmer since day one! I just want what is best! And satisfying their fan base should come first and foremost!

It just seems to me that you feel people like me aren't true fans. That's why I'm curious as to what you feel is a 'true fan'. I don't feel as if you or I have any more right to petition/not petition just because we've played the game since day one.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    SimmieK wrote:
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

Trust me I'm a true fan!

It just seems to me that you feel people like me aren't true fans. That's why I'm curious as to what you feel is a 'true fan'. I don't feel as if you or I have any more right to petition/not petition just because we've played the game since day one.

I'm not saying I don't think your a fan at all. And yea I have the right to petition for justice.
  • Options
    danijane88danijane88 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Trust me I'm a true fan!

I know!
    I've figured it out!
    I think you are a true fan!
    When you use lots of exclaimations!

Lol SimmieK I'm just messing with you. :lol:

I would not say failure of the franchise is imminent at all. To me being a true fan means to keep playing despite the lack of hot tub or online store. Because that affects me zero. I play for the gameplay, not the items. Items are an added bonus. It's not even like the hot tub offered any interactions that weren't offered using other items.

I know! You should petition for the next EP: HOT TUBS. It can have 20,000 new hot tubs to choose from.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    danijane88 wrote:

This^.

\

I think EA is already halfway down the hill, with the release and current condition that the sims franchise is in. I'm sure, in light of the current greedy position of EA, the sims franchise will be tossed out just like SimCity was.. (have you seen the simcity societies forum.. game seems abandoned..)..

If history is doomed to repeat itself.. the inevitable death of this once great franchise is imminent, in my humble opinion.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    LisaNomiLu wrote:
    Again, I don't understand, how you can complain of not having a hot tub or a piano, when you are offered so much of other stuff?

So do you think that
    a) sims 3 should contain all of the stuff from sims 2 base game plus more (wich would be a game that would cost olike a 100 dollors)
    b) do you wish to have all stuff from sims 2 basegame...and that's it? Because if you wish to have all that from sims 2, you should go ahead and play it.
    If you want tthat and more, that would cost more money.

Now, we have, in sims 3, more items than we had in sims 2. They are not exactly the same itims. We got an open world and so on...
    And you are not satisfied? For the money you've paid?

Personally, I think that a game should be pushed forward.. not just an engine upgrade to facilitate the removal of all the content we have gotten so used to, just to start over. Over with a swarray of expansion packs that are strangely similar to all the ones from the Sims 1 and 2.

From sims 1 to sims 2 it was major enough to warrent a small amount of objects in the base game, purley because of the 3d engine. 2d isometric to 3d is a major jump in the ways that objects are made.

However.. to me, 3d data (meshes) are 3d data.. and with a slight bit of modification could be made to work quite well with the new engine.

What should be done, is the transfer of quite a few things from the past version, and then they STILL have room to move ahead with expansions.

Where did we go with the sims 3, from the sims 2 ?? A better engine with zoom out into town ability. Not enough to warrant total annihilation of what made the sims 2 great..

In my opinion, what they did include from the past, they didnt even do a good job on .. ie.. cars and the carpool...
  • Options
    Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    The store is a complete rip off! Sorry, I disagree with the OP.