Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Aniegos - ~~PARADISE EDITION~~ Now Available!

Comments

• Options
    TippieTipsTippieTips Posts: 1,574
    edited December 2010
    Coasterboi wrote:
    Attempting to play GLA without all expansion packs will result in a crash. The world uses not only objects, but gameplay elements from the expansions.

Well, darnit.
    Oh well.
    I guess I can look at the pictures. It looks amazing.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited December 2010
    Can it GET any better!
  • Options
    BrunoPPBrunoPP Posts: 43
    edited December 2010
    OMG!
    So nice!! I'm so exited to download this world!

I don't have WA. Can I download it anyway??
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The neighborhoods are CLEARLY marked, from suburbs to mansions to trailer parks!2nb8y0k.jpg
    n4vzom.jpg
    207tc3a.jpgiepe36.jpgw7yf51.jpg

Day Shots34gq62g.jpg
    28v6ftg.jpg
    2dcbevn.jpg
    allmic.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BrunoPP wrote:
    OMG!
    So nice!! I'm so exited to download this world!

I don't have WA. Can I download it anyway??

Sadly it will crash :cry:
  • Options
    BrunoPPBrunoPP Posts: 43
    edited December 2010
    Sadly it will crash :cry:

Hum... :cry:

That city would be perfect to my new story...

But that's OK, congratulations for the epic result anyway :-)
  • Options
    CountessCrazyCountessCrazy Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the fixes! I am loving this world!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2010
    Coasterboi, I was not aware that arches could be set as front doors! That's good news since I really do love the look of houses that have covered entries with arches.
    Coasterboi, My sim met your sim at the Magic Kingdom, btw. He's the Nectar Merchant there!

Pay the man some respect. Make him an architect! I'm just kidding, he probably doesn't care. Btw, I like your pic a lot. The lighting is nice.

Hee! I didn't do it, honest. :-) If he wasn't already the Nectar Merchant, then the game made him one! I still want to go around playing different families, though, so I'll try to get him out of that dead end job. He did tell me he was in a relationship with someone, though. :lol:

Your pics are great, and I'm sure a lot of people appreciated seeing them. And thanks for the nice comments about my pic! It was just a random shot of one of my sims visiting various locations around town.

Here are a few more of some other sims I was playing. My sim couple went out to the (?) Jazz Club for dinner. Love this place! The wife sim is in the medical career atm. So of course the pianist ended up needing some medical advice and in spite of being very tired, my sim helped her out and she ended up being OK. :-o

jazz1j.jpg

jazz2.jpg

jazz3.jpg

jazz4.jpg

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited December 2010
    When my world is done, i want to hire Cyberqueen to take the pictures for it, shes just so amazing at it!
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I recommend getting WA. Not just to play my world, but as an expansion it adds a whole bunch of useful objects like more trees and nice furniture. Not only that but the destinations and adventures are really fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So my sim finally made it over to the "Rainbow Room".
    dwrkh.jpg
    It seemed pretty empty this night, besides this girl that thought she was dancing for a music video.1zea2aa.jpg
    My sim just couldn't break her heart to tell her the truth.wiaebp.jpg
    With all the wild colors its hard to find a place to be alone, but they're there.
    8xmutw.jpg
    And of course, no party's a party until you've puffed on the bubble machine! (I don't mean this for RL it's just meant as a joke)x37jtk.jpg
  • Options
    DancingSimmerDancingSimmer Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2010
    Did you ever figure out what was making it crash? I uninstalled a lot of CC, (I have only store content now) and I also got rid of my only mod. I also reinstalled the hood and placed the fixed lots. Why does it do the thing every so often where it closes to the desktop without warning or error?
    I'm AneurinK on the gallery for The Sims 4. Look me up.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This may sound like a generic customer service bot response, but it holds true:

Since crashing doesnt affect everyone, its likely due to a user-end problem. Low memory is usually a common reason. Try closing programs that are using alot of memory before playing this world. The sims 3 by itself is a memory hog, and this world doesn't help out that appetite very much ;)

I myself am not experiencing the crashing, obviously. (if I did, i wouldn't have released it). So, I cannot find reason for the faulty performance that others are unfortunately having.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    When my world is done, i want to hire Cyberqueen to take the pictures for it, shes just so amazing at it!

OMG! Thank you! I had to let my husband see this one! Wow, that means a lot to me. Thank you. :mrgreen: I do love taking pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    HappySimmer3 I like your story and story pics,and I was just kidding about the "dead end job". It was funny to read. I always add him as an architect and give him the most expensive car in town, but that's just how "I" play. Everyone has a right to play the way they like,so he can keep the dead end job :)

Oh, and your avi is cute, I'm sure you could steal him away from that "other" sim ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I forgot to give Nick a job and a car. He is in the game..lives in the white apartment tower at Santa Myra. He'll be set in the update so the game won't designate him to be a Magic Kingdom worker ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Coasterboi wrote:
    Yeah, I forgot to give Nick a job and a car. He is in the game..lives in the white apartment tower at Santa Myra. He'll be set in the update so the game won't designate him to be a Magic Kingdom worker ;)

Hey you finally answered my question from earlier! :wink:
    Did you see the race car I gave you, I mean him :mrgreen:

I have no idea what page that's on now. LOL I wanna see this thread reach a hundred pages! 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay well I've been drinking "juice/nectar" so forgive me for my response when I saw this but I literally gasped and LOL!2m6935x.jpg

It's your other YOU, that I didn't know was already in town!10ztm4j.jpg

It is nice that you put a bar in the airport though.
    YOU HEAR THAT FOLKS, DRINKS AT THE AIRPORT ON ME!
    2zq6has.jpg
    Did I mention that I've been drinking from the juice/nectar bar tonight :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ProfPlumbobProfPlumbob Posts: 355 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I thought it was nectar, not juice ;)
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    edited December 2010
    This is hands down the most elaborate and beautiful world I have ever downloaded. The hills, the views, the beaches, the unique clubs..EVERYTHING! It's all original and beautiful. I was in awe last night when I downloaded it and played it. Amazing work!! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'll post some pictures soon.

It runs perfectly with an exception of one problem I ran into, for some people it wont be an issue because a lot of people choose to cancel the newspaper anyway. The newspaper boy doesn't come to my lot or any lots. It makes it hard to find the hotspots, but most of the clubs have a good amount of people anyway because you populated the town so well so I'm still having a blast. I love all the characters you've created.

you can tell you put a lot of time and love into making this city and it shows.

Thanks so much for this!
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I haven't had issues with the paperboy, he's been showing up for me. Wonder what the issue could be?

Anyway, thought I'd share my images here too. Am having such a blast with this world I don't even know where to start!

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Sim!Rav's first stop was to Magic Kingdom. Had to see if we could figure out a way to open the locked door... we didn't figure it out. Maybe next time.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    So while Sim!Rav hits the town, hubby Vincent drives around town in his trusty patrol wagon... Someone has to earn the simoleons.

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Sim!Rav at Amazon Heat. Hotspot! This club is AMAZING! Its no wonder Sim!Rav stayed there til she was practically exhausted. Didn't want to leave. Dang closing time...

Screenshot-42.jpg
    The view from the house. Sim!Vin cooking hot dogs. Look at that view!

Screenshot-39.jpg
    Spotted this gem while Sim!Rav was on way home in cab. I couldn't help but snap a shot of it. Now that's living!

Screenshot-41.jpg
    View of the city at night. Just breathtaking!

• Options
    MaiLynMaiLyn Posts: 35 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Quick question

Do you guys see the bar schedules when you hover over their map tag?

Or they are open 24/7?
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited December 2010
    smiley-dance004.gifsmiley-dance007.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance005.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance007.gifsmiley-dance004.gif

AWESOME IM GIFTING YOU :!:
    I mean you spent sooo much time with detail and everything for it to really look like a Cali city.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m113/UKATES/Screenshot-5.jpg
    You single handedly saved my TS3 gameplay cause i was bored EA he needs a Feature PRONTO !!!
  • Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited December 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    I cleaned up my Pc and started a new game. Everything went flawless until sim day 2, then the lag set in again. I killed everyone in the city and then put half of the families back and now the game practically flies. I have the same issues in Bridgeport too but not in any of the other towns, so I guess my comp hates City worlds or something :wink:

do you have the Overwatch mod Startspring? Its helps a lot with lagging.

Yes I have it installed. Thanks for trying to help happyjme :D I'm playing without Twallans SP right now and it seems to run a lot smoother since removing it.
  • Options
    FlashfighterFlashfighter Posts: 905
    edited December 2010
    If you've ever wondered what kind of bar I frequent IRL (you probably haven't but let's say you have)

screenshot292m.jpg
    screenshot293n.jpg
    screenshot294.jpg

Coasterboi, seriously, all your bars and clubs have so much character. I vastly prefer them to the Late Night ones in Bridgeport...

Whatever team worked on those Bridgeport bars/clubs should be crying themselves to sleep after seeing what you have done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top