Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 FARMS: With Pets, Seasons, Farms, Ranches, Barns, Zoos, etc.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Firstly, I think your thread is actually very amusing and friendly! It's a nice thing to find when browsing through the forums.

Secondly, I don't personally mind if there are a billion and one threads like this. I mean, I don't really have the time or the effort to scroll back 50 pages reading each title exactly to find one I'm looking for.

Thirdly, your ideas are great! I personally don't agree with the zoo thing - it's too much to ask out of something like the Sims. Too different! I do however like your ideas on owning multiple lots and breeding animals (SO AWESOME - My favourite feature of The Sims 2: Pets! :D )

Weather would be nice but as many people have pointed out - I want to do it justice and EA seem to be very narrow-minded when thinking up ideas for things. It's just one idea/theme or nothing really!
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Yay, thanks for the feedback guys. :)

I agree that this would be nearly impossible to make fully function in just one EP, that was not my intention lol. I was simply putting out ideas that I think should REALLY be considered for Sims 3 for future Expansion Packs, not that they all had to be jam packed into one bug infested totally non functioning one.

And in my opinion, Sims Seasons and holidays should be a friggin update and should have already come with the base game, I don't think it should have to be in an expansion all its own. The zoo thing just kind of went with the idea of expanding into more animals than Sims pets. It might be a cool place to visit and for the people that really like developing stories and making worlds and their own buildings for their towns. Maybe they want to relive their childhood and snap a picture of their children getting their sweater eaten by a goat in the petting zoo or almost trampled by a camel? </childhood-related reminiscent rant>

What i am personally really craving is the pets and seasons/farming expansion. They already had pets, seasons, and gardening for the Sims 2 so I really don't see how it would be that difficult for them to give us that in the Sims 3. However, farming would be uncharted territory. I'm not suggesting that it has to be exactly like Harvest Moon either. It would have been nice if they included somethuing like this in Ambitions and the opportunity to work from home.
    I still think trying to make a farming expansion would be amazing though and that alot of people would really love to play it. You could have a nice expanse of items and farming tools, tractors, hay bailers, barns, silos, etc. We already have hay bails as items and Riverview seems really farm acclimated, so maybe they're already considering it. The whole aspect of farming crops would not be hard to integrate at all in my opinion because they already have gardening figured out. Its really the same thing, except perhaps on a larger scale if you want to have fields of crops, and more food items incorporated. Then, along with pets, you have other animals like cows, horses, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, donkeys, mules, rabbits, etc. It'd be nice to be able to train your dog to heard sheep too, I could see alot of people having fun breeding their dogs to be the top cattle and sheep hearders if they incorporated more detailed, unique breeding features into the Sims animals.

Overall, I really don't think it would be that hard to do. Sims farms would really just be an expansion on Sims gardening/seasons and Sims pets. They already have the basis for both, its just a matter of creating different items with different interactions, and then an editor for the animals/create a pet.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2010
    wow people complain so much about Sims 3 taking away the sandbox aspects of the franchise and still demand something like this?!Do you realize how much effort and repetition of tasks it takes to run a farm successfully?
    (also you can already own multiple lots.with the real estate system you can buy public lots in town and with WA you can own multiple vacation homes)
    The idea that I think that she was getting at with owning multiple lots is owning multiple vacant lots. That way if 64x64 lot is to small for what you want to do with it. Then you could always buy the empty 64x64 lot next door, and combined the two of them. That you can't do with real estate, or when you go to buy your first home for your sims. You can't even do that when you need to move your sims to a place that has more than one bdr. But anyway, that's what she meant by owning more than one lot at a time :D
  • Options
    Keke358Keke358 Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    I agree I would rather just play Zoo Tycoon, and that it does just sound like a pain taking them to the zoo. Sort of how Sims 2 had a Seasons EP and then a Pets EP, I would like it if they did the same for the Sims 3 EP's. Farming also does sound neat and could probably fit in with either Seasons or Pets.
  • Options
    Amber21899Amber21899 Posts: 585 New Member
    edited November 2010
    A petting zoon would be fun! ^_^ Plus I want a freaking PARROT! Name him Polly and teach him to *** on my enemies!
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Having a pet Parrot would be cool, I would also like to have a pet Ferret in TS3.
  • Options
    lilkitty5698lilkitty5698 Posts: 22
    edited December 2010
    I don't like the farming idea, but Pets (and possibly Seasons) would rock my world! :D I'm a mads GSD and Dachshund lover. Ooh, it has to have Dachshunds!!!