The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Night Clubs Gripe: Too Small-Close Too Soon-Not Enough Sims

While the Late Hight expansion pack is certianly the most exciting EP to come out so far for TS3, there are a few fixes in order to make it as fun as it has the potential to be:

Gripe #1:

Uh...I have NEVER been to a night club as small as the ones in Late Night. They are waaaaay too tiny. Where are the BIG clubs? Also nightclubs have dark colored ceilings (sure we can buy the club and redecorate, but they should at least come with darker interiors).

The windows are waaay to "ghetto" small for the hi-rise clubs. There should be panoramic windows to see the gorgeous view, not just from the roof, but in the club itself.

Gripe #2:

Where are all the Sims??? My goodness, only two or three Sims in the clubs. This is a major disappointment ala The Sims 2 clubs, but with TS3 so many more Sims can be in one place at the same time, but the clubs are, for the most part, EMPTY!

There needs to be a config parameter in the OPTIONS to increase the amount of Sims that can be in one place at a time to satisfy those who have CPU's that can handle it.

As it is now the clubs are very, very boring and nothing like the pre-release video showing lots of Sims having a good time.

Gripe #3:
There needs to be at least one after hours dive bar and one after hours lounge that only 4-5 star celebs can visit, and a drink (Sim-Bull LOL) that will re-energize your Sims so they don't get tired so fast.

When you're out having a good time you don't get tired as fast as when you're at home. Being out in itself re-energizes you.

There needs to be a 25-30% increase in energy when your Sims go out - and a drink that slows down the getting tired motive or re-energizes.

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2010
    I certainly agree with #2, as we've seen all over the forums that people are frustrated with the lack of sims in clubs, even in the so-called "hotspots." The first point doesn't really bother me; I care more about what my sim can do in the club rather than how big it is. :D

As for the drink, however, there is a new energy drink that is made by mixologists that gives a "wide awake" moodlet. I don't know how effective it is, but my sim doesn't seem to yawn or act tired even when his energy bar is red.
  • Options
    DrunkReptarDrunkReptar Posts: 43
    edited October 2010
    Well i dont mind the size of the clubs cuz theyre pretty awesome! and why do we need bigger clubvs if 8 sims means its poppin lol. but i like the club life so far. mine havent been that dead, still a good time

But i agree that we need an all night club cuz the fun ends wayyyy too early
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2010
    My gripe with the energy drinks available is that while they do give the "Wide Awake" moodlet, they don't actually change the energy bar.
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm glad they're small because if they weren't they would look even more empty!
  • Options
    thenamesmelthenamesmel Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2010
    The size and decor seems fine to me... but I do agree that there are NO people at the clubs and bars. My sim is a lvl 5 star already and she keeps getting asked to visit clubs, I get there and it is totally empty. The most I have seen is 3 sims at a bar and I also think they close too early.
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited October 2010
    I had issues with the size of the clubs too. Which is why I made my own.
    You can see it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/286245.page

I made mine spacey and it is only on a 30x30 lot. It's upscale/classy but has no restrictions so that anyone can come. This was done to override some of the limitations.

As for empty clubs. The best solution for me was to undo the restrictions for the high end clubs and throw lots of parties and invite out a bunch of simmers. My household has 3 Sims total. I used the cheat to make them know everyone in town and then had them invite each of their maximum allowance out to the same venue.
    Screenshot-235.jpg"width=600
  • Options
    JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2010
    In the in game Lessons, it says you can change the bouncers rope. Just lower the requirements. One person at another forum says he just deleted the rope and his bars are hopping.
  • Options
    lovette215lovette215 Posts: 663 New Member
    edited October 2010
    When I was in Bridgeport, I had the same issues with the clubs not having enough people. After a while, I just gave up and went to another city, build my own clubs, and the people started pouring in. It has a lot to do with the restrictions and the high-rises as to why there are no sims in the clubs.
    Still wish I could've enjoyed Bridgeport to its full capabilities though. The penthouses were uber annoying anyway
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My gripe with the energy drinks available is that while they do give the "Wide Awake" moodlet, they don't actually change the energy bar.

It doesn't change their energy bar, but if their energy is real low and their sleep or tired, then it will hide that for five ours. Then when it's over they get a buzz crash and they can feel their sleepiness.
  • Options
    cloboroolscloborools Posts: 37
    edited October 2010
    Simmerd80 wrote:
    I had issues with the size of the clubs too. Which is why I made my own.
    You can see it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/286245.page

I made mine spacey and it is only on a 30x30 lot. It's upscale/classy but has no restrictions so that anyone can come. This was done to override some of the limitations.

As for empty clubs. The best solution for me was to undo the restrictions for the high end clubs and throw lots of parties and invite out a bunch of simmers. My household has 3 Sims total. I used the cheat to make them know everyone in town and then had them invite each of their maximum allowance out to the same venue.
    Screenshot-235.jpg"width=600

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I'll plan the party at the venue to get people out on the town and in my clubs, but I forgot to get rid of the bouncer and so most of them got turned away. LOL! I really do hope they fix it so that the clubs naturally have a bunch of sims in them.
  • Options
    SymantecoSymanteco Posts: 235 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Hey I liked it soooo much we used a modified version of your club as the backdrop for the babes and hunks pack promo.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jaeger wrote:
    In the in game Lessons, it says you can change the bouncers rope. Just lower the requirements. One person at another forum says he just deleted the rope and his bars are hopping.

Deleting the rope shuts the club down LOL!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Custom content can always be a culprit in bad game performance when a new patch or expansion comes out. I try to stay away from custom content except for bare necessities like default skin and eyes and a few CC objects that are basic and don't need to be updated at every patch.

Your remove the DCCACHE is a good last resort measure.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited November 2010
    I don't think it has anything to do with the restrictive aspect of the ropes and bouncers. The dive bars that do not have those things are still only having 2 or 3 sims in it.
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I way agree with number 2 there is never any sims in any of the bars my sim goes to! it very annoying and very disappointing. i just crash parties at least there are sims at the parties. Im going to rant here a little now i HATE elevators and subway thingys they take so frigging long!!! it shouldn`t take 4 hours to get in elevator and to the floor you want it to go to and it just be quicker if my sims didn`t run to the not so local subway thingy and wait forever to finally get to the another not so local subway thingy across town. even though those have nothing to do with clubs they annoy me a friggin ton.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited November 2010
    I bet if they did make the number of sims larger in town people would complain about that too cause their computers would slow down to a crawl.

:O oH my computer isn't running fast enough....

Well, duh. Buy a faster computer. LOL
  • Options
    GBlucherGBlucher Posts: 157 Member
    edited November 2010
    Was thinking that there are only about 70 sims or so in a town (63 for instance in Sunset Valley at game start), and at least 1/4th of those are elders and children. Population-wise that's not much, barely a village. Taking that into consideration, it's a remarkable thing when there are even 5-6 people in any given spot each night.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    GBlucher wrote:
    Was thinking that there are only about 70 sims or so in a town (63 for instance in Sunset Valley at game start), and at least 1/4th of those are elders and children. Population-wise that's not much, barely a village. Taking that into consideration, it's a remarkable thing when there are even 5-6 people in any given spot each night.

Well, if you consider the actual sizes of the towns, including the thriving Simtropolis, Bridgeport, that's about all that can fit into the housing available.

What needs to be done is a dynamic slider to allow more people OUT if your computer can handle it, similar to the graphics handling sliders. It would still be up to you to locate where the hotspots are.

The other issue is the sims don't stay long when they are in a club. They should stay, even until closing time if they're having fun, not club hop, because as slow as it is to get around you can only effectively visit one nightspot a night, and that's if you get an early start because time flies way too fast. I'd like to see a mod or a new feature to SLOW DOWN THE DANG CLOCK!

• Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Can't help you on the slower clock (wow, though I would LOVE to have that mod myself!) but I can help on the OPs dilemma. :)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424261

Takes care of closing time issues and crowd issues. :)
  • Options
    Bradley9023Bradley9023 Posts: 47
    edited November 2010
    I definately agree with how little sims there are in the clubs, it really just looks stupid :L

And most of the time they're old people, so it'd be awesome if they'd just limit it to young adults/adults :L
  • Options
    etrnalsky4uetrnalsky4u Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My clubs usally have more than 14 people so im probaly lucky.

:/ also the clubs in the sims2 were packed for me so I dont know what you mean.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The map to the stars helps find at least where the most celebs are hanging out...if you can get there in time before they split LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    abigfan819 wrote:
    I way agree with number 2 there is never any sims in any of the bars my sim goes to! it very annoying and very disappointing. i just crash parties at least there are sims at the parties. Im going to rant here a little now i HATE elevators and subway thingys they take so frigging long!!! it shouldn`t take 4 hours to get in elevator and to the floor you want it to go to and it just be quicker if my sims didn`t run to the not so local subway thingy and wait forever to finally get to the another not so local subway thingy across town. even though those have nothing to do with clubs they annoy me a friggin ton.

I feel your pain :-(
  • Options
    EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Symanteco wrote:

The windows are waaay to "ghetto" small for the hi-rise clubs. There should be panoramic windows to see the gorgeous view, not just from the roof, but in the club itself.

THIS!

I could not agree more, you can change the windows using a cheat but the outside will still show the small windows.

it sucks.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Key to having a crowded club:

Take a house of 8 sims out and then invite all your sim-friend! Instant crowd and more sims come because it becomes a hot-spot!