Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do Some of You Want Them to Combine Seasons and Pets?

Comments

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited November 2010
    Just for the record, personally I feel we need weather.

NEED
    ..weather.

With pets, vacations, bars, careers, etc. are all very subjective to lifestyles. The ONE commonality we all have in the world is weather. That's why talking about the weather is so (mundane and) well, common. It plays a HUGE and major role in the lives of not just a handful of the world's population, but literally everyone. My neighbor owning a cat does nothing to my life. My sibling being a stylist does nothing for me either. And the fact that my friend pukes in a bar parking lot at 3am after being transformed into a vampire...while funny, doesn't directly affect my life.
    Do you see where I'm getting at?
    Weather is important, and it is necessary not to mention it brings fourth a whole set of new activities, interactions, and challenges. To me, this is one of the biggest ideas for a Sims EP, since it changes things up a bit.

So to say "let's scrap it, it was already in TS2" simply boggles my mind. I mean really, I'd love to get rid of the weather especially when I drive to work on a dark, wet snowy morning. But I can't, cause it's always there and always will be. It will add tons to my game, more so than anything else would.

Just sayin.
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited November 2010

NEED
    ..weather.

With pets, vacations, bars, careers, etc. are all very subjective to lifestyles. The ONE commonality we all have in the world is weather. That's why talking about the weather is so (mundane and) well, common. It plays a HUGE and major role in the lives of not just a handful of the world's population, but literally everyone. My neighbor owning a cat does nothing to my life. My sibling being a stylist does nothing for me either. And the fact that my friend pukes in a bar parking lot at 3am after being transformed into a vampire...while funny, doesn't directly affect my life.
    Weather is important, and it is necessary not to mention it brings fourth a whole set of new activities, interactions, and challenges. To me, this is one of the biggest ideas for a Sims EP, since it changes things up a bit.

So to say "let's scrap it, it was already in TS2" simply boggles my mind. I mean really, I'd love to get rid of the weather especially when I drive to work on a dark, wet snowy morning. But I can't, cause it's always there and always will be. It will add tons to my game, more so than anything else would.

Just sayin.

IkR
    But some people just dont understand:roll:
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2010
    i would much rather see sims 3 do something unique, or do another job one where hopefully they give more control over the rabit holes. but then again, seasons and pets will come adventually, it will probably be just throw into combination of other games.

I'm with you. I would like something new that hasn't been run in the hole!!! I don't mind them throwing season and pets in other games so long as I get something else besides just a bunch of pets and rain or snow.

EA will have plenty of Expansion Packs to do something unique. Just let Pets and Seasons be separate. Just because you don't value them doesn't mean that they shouldn't be quality.

You don't have to buy the EPs for both of them. So really I don't see where the issue is for you. Sad that two unique EPs will be "wasted" for a remake of Pets and a remake of Seasons? Well, let me tell you something, if EA wanted to go down the road of adding creative new EP's they would have just included Seasons and pets in the base game.

It has already been set up the way it is. There will still be room for innovative EPs, but please, at least let those of us who want Pets and Seasons, two things that are essential to a good life simulation game on the scale of The Sims, have those features be the best they can be.

I'm not worried, though. I'm only worried that even individually their potentials might not be met, but they'll still be better by themselves naturally.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    HalfbloodkrysHalfbloodkrys Posts: 6
    edited November 2010

NEED
    ..weather.

Just sayin.

This is exactly what I think!
    Weather affects our daily lives so much, so having it causing havoc in our sims lives as well makes sense. And you're right, so many sim intereactions/challenges/opportunities/wants/needs could and would be based around the weather.
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:
    i would much rather see sims 3 do something unique, or do another job one where hopefully they give more control over the rabit holes. but then again, seasons and pets will come adventually, it will probably be just throw into combination of other games.

I'm with you. I would like something new that hasn't been run in the hole!!! I don't mind them throwing season and pets in other games so long as I get something else besides just a bunch of pets and rain or snow.

EA will have plenty of Expansion Packs to do something unique. Just let Pets and Seasons be separate. Just because you don't value them doesn't mean that they shouldn't be quality.

You don't have to buy the EPs for both of them. So really I don't see where the issue is for you. Sad that two unique EPs will be "wasted" for a remake of Pets and a remake of Seasons? Well, let me tell you something, if EA wanted to go down the road of adding creative new EP's they would have just included Seasons and pets in the base game.

It has already been set up the way it is. There will still be room for innovative EPs, but please, at least let those of us who want Pets and Seasons, two things that are essential to a good life simulation game on the scale of The Sims, have those features be the best they can be.

I'm not worried, though. I'm only worried that even individually their potentials might not be met, but they'll still be better by themselves naturally.

It's whatever to me. I just wish they would make it and get it over with so that we can move on to bigger and better things.
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited November 2010
    i wouldn't buy pets by itself adding weather or whatever else would help sell it.
  • Options
    chicolane17chicolane17 Posts: 69
    edited November 2010
    i guess because people think pets isn't enough for a EP. Idk it doesnt matter to me as long as we do get them because it isn't the same
  • Options
    edited November 2010

NEED
    ..weather.

Just sayin.

In the real world we actually NEED weather. In TS3 we don't really need it. This is a game and besides there are already weatherlike aspects in the game already. But hey whatever I can't change people's opinion. Sad that people complain about wanting this and that in the game but when they actually get it they still complaining and I have a feeling once EA releases these EP the same people who crying over not having pets/weather in the game will be the same people complaining that EA sucks and this was not what they wanted, or EA should have done this or that. I mean come on, you can't get everything you want when you want it.
  • Options
    HalfbloodkrysHalfbloodkrys Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    Just out of curiousity, those who are Pro-Pets, what is it about that EP you enjoy so much?

I had/have the console version so I was probably missing out on something lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @ All those Who Think They Need To Hurry Up Or Skip These, Make New EP's, or Combine Them

Where were you when they were making WA, AMB, and LN:?
    Why werent you saying they needed to skip those EP's and make new ones:roll:
    Why werent you saying,"How about they combine vacations with nightlife":|

The only reason you guys are here now is because you guys dont like these EP's and just want them out of the way
  • Options
    edited November 2010

NEED
    ..weather.

Just sayin.

In the real world we actually NEED weather. In TS3 we don't really need it. This is a game and besides there are already weatherlike aspects in the game already. But hey whatever I can't change people's opinion. Sad that people complain about wanting this and that in the game but when they actually get it they still complaining and I have a feeling once EA releases these EP the same people who crying over not having pets/weather in the game will be the same people complaining that EA sucks and this was not what they wanted, or EA should have done this or that. I mean come on, you can't get everything you want when you want it.

First off, The Sims is a SIMULATION game. The game feels incomplete without Seasons and Weather. The Sims 1 never felt complete to me for that reason.

Second of all, if you want less people complaining, than you want them separate. Not only will you have the people complaining about the quality, but you'll have people complaining about having both when they only wanted one. We don't want to go there.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @ All those Who Think They Need To Hurry Up Or Skip These, Make New EP's, or Combine Them

The only reason you guys are here now is because you guys dont like these EP's and just want them out of the way

I may not have liked WA but at least it was totally different from Bon Voyage or the Vacation EP from TS1. And Late Night so far is 10 times better than Nightlife. But if you look at it in all three of the EP's EA did something totally different that separates it from its predecessors.

The only reason we are here now is because we are tired of seeing the endless threads whining about Pets/Weather.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

NEED
    ..weather.

Just sayin.

First off, The Sims is a SIMULATION game. The game feels incomplete without Seasons and Weather. The Sims 1 never felt complete to me for that reason.

Second of all, if you want less people complaining, than you want them separate. Not only will you have the people complaining about the quality, but you'll have people complaining about having both when they only wanted one. We don't want to go there.

Your opinion. Other people don't feel that way. In fact some are pleased with their game and have expressed that there is no need for and EP based specifically on weather like there was in TS2.
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited November 2010

well LATENIGHT and vacation came with lots more game play and brand new worlds.pets and weather WILL bring puddles inside and out side so why not combine two um lighter EPs.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SIMIAN6 wrote:

well LATENIGHT and vacation came with lots more game play and brand new worlds.pets and weather WILL bring puddles inside and out side so why not combine two um lighter EPs.

Seasons is not a lighter EP.
    It brung tons of new gameplay
    Pets, on the otherhand, is a lighter EP, and thats why most pets people wanna put seasons with it.
    Cuz they know it wont be good without a better EP to back it up
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

NEED
    ..weather.

Just sayin.

Your opinion. Other people don't feel that way. In fact some are pleased with their game and have expressed that there is no need for and EP based specifically on weather like there was in TS2.

If they're so "pleased with their game", than they should be perfectly okay with a Seasons EP coming out and them not buying it.
    SIMIAN6 wrote:

Seasons is not a "light" EP. Free Time is. House Party is. But no, Seasons is not.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ^^ thats one of the bottom lines.
    So do you guys get rhe idea
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think they should do something more with pets. Like maybe you train them like one thing at a time and you go up to harder tricks and have like obedience competitions
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think they should do something more with pets. Like maybe you train them like one thing at a time and you go up to harder tricks and have like obedience competitions

Exactley:D
    But some people eont understand tjqt they woudnt add that if they got combined:(
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But some people eont understand tjqt they woudnt add that if they got combined:(

Yeah, and I don't think that people want the same pets that theres nothing to do with them when you can just play the sims 2 pets you know? So they should add something new to it
  • Options
    Katwoman107Katwoman107 Posts: 70
    edited November 2010
    As if my siggy doesn't express my love enough, :lol: I would probably die and come back to life when they announce the release date for a pet expansion. I love animals already and just having that extra companionship with my single sim adds the perfect touch, I don't think there were ever a family in TS2 where I haven't have them an extra little critter running around. Personally I don't mind if seasons get some how added with pets together. JUST RELEASE PET ALREADY! hahaha 8)

Question: How do you all get these ideas/hints where a pet expansion would release soon? I would love to be filled in with the details. :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah, and I don't think that people want the same pets that theres nothing to do with them when you can just play the sims 2 pets you know? So they should add something new to it

That's the point I'm trying to make. They already did this with TS1 and TS2, please for the love of god come up with something else. If people want their pets then go back to playing it in TS1 or TS2. Not everybody was a fan of pets. I'm not saying don't add pets, I'm just saying if you are going to do so let that be the bonus part of the EP and have the EP focus on something else. Same with weather. Let it be a bonus. Why does the whole EP have to center around weather or pets????
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As if my siggy doesn't express my love enough, :lol: I would probably die and come back to life when they announce the release date for a pet expansion. I love animals already and just having that extra companionship with my single sim adds the perfect touch, I don't think there were ever a family in TS2 where I haven't have them an extra little critter running around. Personally I don't mind if seasons get some how added with pets together. JUST RELEASE PET ALREADY! hahaha 8)

Question: How do you all get these ideas/hints where a pet expansion would release soon? I would love to be filled in with the details. :oops: :oops:

The Weather/Pet fans seem to think the poster at the movies with the animals on it suggest that Pet's will be the next EP. They also think the pop ups that come up when you read the newspaper and it says something pertaining to weather means the next EP will be weather. I think there are a couple of threads about it too.
  • Options
    KB_Dancer_GirlKB_Dancer_Girl Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2010
    This will never happen in any chance...
    But how awesome would it be if EA chose to release both pets and seasons as two different eps at the same time?!
    Then there'd be no haters, and they'd still get big bucks.
    I personally think that would be awesome!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This will never happen in any chance...
    But how awesome would it be if EA chose to release both pets and seasons as two different eps at the same time?!
    Then there'd be no haters, and they'd still get big bucks.
    I personally think that would be awesome!

So that basically means people(who don't want weather or pets) have to shell out 80 bucks at one time for a game they probably won't play but a few days? Weather and pets may have been fun for a couple of days but after a while it got stale and I have a feeling if they bring it back it will be the same result. There's only so much you can do with weather or pets. EA can just add in pets and seasons/weather conditions gradually with each EP. The whole EP doesn't have to be about weather or pets.