Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 a waste?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Melmel2362Melmel2362 Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2009
    For all the people pointing out that this is a base game, etc....while you do make a valid point, I also think that you shouldn't have to wait for expansion packs to have a lot of fun with a game, which is the real reason behind a lot of the complaints.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009
    One of the problems, though not really a problem, is that going from Sims 1 to Sims 2 was a big step, largley because of the graphics and look. Sims 3 isn't that huge step up that Sims 2 was, so people aren't as impressed and are more nitpicky with it. Personally I love it and have few complaints with it. It was the same with Sims 2 though compared to Sims 1. After all of the expansion packs Sims 2 seemed lacking also when first introduced. With time I think people will grow on this game, and not just because expansion packs might be released.
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    Melmel2362 wrote:
    For all the people pointing out that this is a base game, etc....while you do make a valid point, I also think that you shouldn't have to wait for expansion packs to have a lot of fun with a game, which is the real reason behind a lot of the complaints.

So true.

I've never understood why people aren't up in arms about being piecemealed regurgitated ideas yet again.

EA knows their fanbase is complacent when it comes to expectations. That's why all the major things from each expansion pack of Sims 2 aren't in the base game, they know people will happily accept it with no fuss.
  • Options
    topdogtopdog Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    recieved this morning, was really looking forward to it aswell,boy was i disapointed, for starters the skin tones are horrible, the inside of th houses are so dull color wise, there seems to be zero pixel shaders in house, the clothes are as good as identicle to the maxis defaults in sims 2, the graphic options dont seem to work properly, constant graphic gliches wich cause crashing even though i obliterate the recommended specs, we waited months extra so they could get it fixed and it is rubbish, as others say i think now its time to lay the sims franchise to rest, why go back to the basic game when we have sims 2 with all the expansion, and to be honest i dont see much improvement graphic wise over sims 2, the amount of hair is very dissapointing, there should be hundreds of styles, hundreds of clothes, when we have a few basic meshes again, back to sims 2 for me im afraid, sorry EA but this is just not good enough, please please dont mak a sims 4... :(
  • Options
    CokieRaeCokieRae Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    MandeeLuv wrote:
    I think TS3 is so much betta then then TS2 things u can do on here r crazy. now we can have triplets and u can color everything the way u want. I cant wait to see what expansion packs they will come out wit. And the CAS I so much betta then TS2. i think they did a great job on this. Then on thing i wish the would do is make the expansion pack making magic or something that was the last expansion pack they made for TS1 and im sure they will do a pets they have for all of them that is gonna be great. Keep up the great work Sim makers this is the best one yet and i think it was worth the money

you could have triplets in sims 2
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think it was well worth it. I enjoy the game, and if you think about it, TS2 would be a "waste" too. TS1 had very nice expansions, and when you were given TS2, you were stripped of everything except the "bare essentials". About half of the EP's in TS2 were remakes of TS1.

So if TS3, in your context, was a waste, then so was TS2.

Not really, because the difference between the sims 1 base and the sims 2 base were phenominal. Having no expansion packs for sims 2 didnt matter much because you had soo much more to do.
  • Options
    melissafrashermelissafrasher Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm wondering if the people who are experiencing glitches are attributing it to the game when there's another culprit. My laptop died on me a couple of months ago and when I went to buy a new one last month I went armed with the system requirements for the sims3. I wasn't going to buy anything that wouldn't work.
    I had to ask the sales guy about the windows service pack 2 cuz I knew less than zero about it. Until I read the games SQ's I hadn't heard anything about it. He strongly advised me NOT to download it because as far as he knew it was still in beta mode and had a ton of bugs.

I have no idea if I'm right or not. It's just that the very 1st thing I noticed about the new game was that it loaded so super quick and smoothe - it actually surprised me quite a bit. And I remember being surprised when I first saw how many people were having trouble.

Anybody have any ideas? :hunf:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm wondering if the people who are experiencing glitches are attributing it to the game when there's another culprit. My laptop died on me a couple of months ago and when I went to buy a new one last month I went armed with the system requirements for the sims3. I wasn't going to buy anything that wouldn't work.
    I had to ask the sales guy about the windows service pack 2 cuz I knew less than zero about it. Until I read the games SQ's I hadn't heard anything about it. He strongly advised me NOT to download it because as far as he knew it was still in beta mode and had a ton of bugs.

I have no idea if I'm right or not. It's just that the very 1st thing I noticed about the new game was that it loaded so super quick and smoothe - it actually surprised me quite a bit. And I remember being surprised when I first saw how many people were having trouble.

Anybody have any ideas? :hunf:

My game runs very smoothly.
    My only problem is the time is a little slow, but nothing unbearable.
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2009
    The big problem on the BBS is that most simmers (simmers like you) tend to compare TS3 to TS2 (which we were used to play with 8 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs). However, when you compare TS3 to TS2 base game, TS3 is far better. :D

-More advanced visual effects
    -Way better graphics
    -Create a style
    -Open neighborhood
    -Moodlets, opportunities, classes
    -Universal aging
    -New building/furnishing tools

etc etc...

I agree with the above. yes I miss all the seasons and all that jazz but you know what? This game has huge potential. I mean come on now who the heck would want to go back to loading screens and repetitive game play.

Don't get me wrong I like TS2 with all the expansions but I sure would not like TS2 just by itself.

So give it sometime then come back and remember your posts. The game is going to be awesome.
  • Options
    mouchasmouchas Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont think expansion packs are a waste of money. But why am I going to buy more of what I already have. I think they could of made an expansion to Sims 2 with everything new that Sims 3 has.
    [/quote]

I agree. Or at least had everything in the Sims 3. I had more expectations for Sims 3. I am disappointed and already bored of it. I really was hoping for Vampires. And I was hoping that they would be more like Twilight Vampires in the sense that they can be out in the day, etc. :(