Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im starting to think that EA tricked us...

about the clubs.. you see in the trailer with a huge amount of sims in the club.. but in the game it's self, there really isn't much sims there.

I think this is a way that EA tricked us to make the game look more fun. There are some sims there.. but not very much.. which is leading me to believe this.

also in the trailer.. a celeb walks out and a ton of paparazzi took pictures of her.. well in the real game there really is only about 1 or two paparazzi that follow you.

This is my opinion.. but who knows, i could be wrong. :/

Comments

• Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited October 2010
    just like they tricked us into thinking the pretty hai on the bonde cover girl would be there? :(
  • Options
    shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2010
    tori104 wrote:
    just like they tricked us into thinking the pretty hai on the bonde cover girl would be there? :(
    The only sim who has EVER been featured on the cover that remains in-game is Mortimer Goth. Once in TS1 a family featured in a trailer for Vacation was released later on. That is it. To expect anything else is ignoring the trend. Use your creativity and make her yourself :-)

Also: To actually have the amount of sims featured in the trailer in a club would fry most computers quite quickly. It would also cause a lot of routing errors if it was packed wall to wall. Consider the 12 sims who do show to be a blessing.
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yep they tricked us. Just like every company does when they advertise their product to show it in the best possible light.

Does McDonald's "trick" us when they show a big mac like this
    [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/pandora4co/big_mac_01_1024x768.jpg "height=300""width=400"[/IMG]

But in reality you get this?
    2009-09-31-mcd-bigmac2.jpg

• Options
    littlemissleolittlemissleo Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited October 2010
    ^lol!
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited October 2010
    pandora4co wrote:
    Yep they tricked us. Just like every company does when they advertise their product to show it in the best possible light.

Does McDonald's "trick" us when they show a big mac like this
    [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/pandora4co/big_mac_01_1024x768.jpg "height=300""width=400"[/IMG]

But in reality you get this?
    2009-09-31-mcd-bigmac2.jpg

haha! very true! i just really hope they dont make an EP and advertise it to make it look really good.. and then it turns out to be.. you know.. :thumbdown:
    just like WA
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited October 2010
    lol

It's called "marketing" and marketing is rarely completely honest unfortunately. Take everything with a grain of salt. Always. Especially when it comes to appearances. Nobody from EA actually said your clubs would always be full. They just show you a staged video or screenshot to imply actual game play.
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited October 2010
    mmmm... Big Mac's....
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2010
    Actually, Twinbrook has livened up quite a bit since I converted the upper two floors of the Red Rendevous, one into a bar, and one into an arcade. The townies are coming out in force, and there's a even few new faces.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited October 2010
    My game has alot of sims in the clubs, if it is a hotspot for that night anywhere from 8-10 sims will be on the lot having fun.

Non hotspots have anywhere from 0-4 sims in them.

The game tells you if it is a dead spot or hotspot when you arrive.

I have no problems with it, love this expansion.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited October 2010
    Haha.. it's clearly for advertising purposes. EA is best at misleading :D

sims-3-wallpaper-13-1280x1024.jpg?t=1288409907
    Remember this picture? Look at the girl on the left... do our sims actually look like that? Especially the hair? I don't think so...
    It's just like the Late Night poster with the blonde wearing the sunglasses. Also misleading.. but whatever! haha.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited October 2010
    Nokuoro wrote:
    about the clubs.. you see in the trailer with a huge amount of sims in the club.. but in the game it's self, there really isn't much sims there.

You make it it seem...new. EA has pulled this for YEARS.
    Take a look at the "official" trailer for Sims2;
    just how much of the trailer is in the actual game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

:?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited October 2010
    They used hot spots during the pictures and videos thats why they had so many there.
  • Options
    SweetfaceSweetface Posts: 628 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Not saying that Marketing isn't truthful, and I don't condone EA's marketing practices...but could the hair in question possibly be an UNLOCKABLE item? Like when you reach the very tip top of the Celeb ladder. Just a thought.
  • Options
    ShaunaRShaunaR Posts: 102 New Member
    edited October 2010
    If you want to see other examples of this marketing style, just take a look at the opening video for either Sims 3 or Sims 2. Anyone remember the kids circling on the ceiling fan in the video trailer for Sims 2? And the beach scene on the opening credits has a lot more people in that party than I have every seen in one place on my game.

It happens. I don't have any problem finding plenty of people at the hotspots each night. Just read the newspaper prior to going out, and it will tell you where the hotspots are each night. They change every day, so you have to read the newspaper every day. Finally, the purpose for that newspaper!
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Sweetface wrote:
    Not saying that Marketing isn't truthful, and I don't condone EA's marketing practices...but could the hair in question possibly be an UNLOCKABLE item? Like when you reach the very tip top of the Celeb ladder. Just a thought.

actually the hair and clothing is the main thing to question against, They have most deffinitlly used cc in the videos and pictures befor acording to what i read from threads along time ago.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ugh....now I'm hungry for a Big Mac -.-
  • Options
    SaffronCat5SaffronCat5 Posts: 634 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Zolt65 wrote:
    Nokuoro wrote:

You make it it seem...new. EA has pulled this for YEARS.
    Take a look at the "official" trailer for Sims2;
    just how much of the trailer is in the actual game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

:?

WoW.. I wish it were more like that it looks funny..HeHe..
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited October 2010
    When they did that, they probably only had one club in the entire city...which is what you'd need to do if you want a load of people in the place. As it is, Bridgeport has too many clubs and not enough sims.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jestina wrote:
    When they did that, they probably only had one club in the entire city...which is what you'd need to do if you want a load of people in the place. As it is, Bridgeport has too many clubs and not enough sims.

You aren't kidding about not enough sims. I sent my sim walking all over town and there was no one. I feel like my sims are the last sims on earth. And, hot spot or not, I've never had a line to get in a club or bar. If there is someone there besides the people who work there it is a miracle. I have to say, so far Late Night is my least favorite EP. I am very disappointed in it.
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Sweetface wrote:

No. It's photoshopped! And I personally couldn't care less. I thought it was REALLY obvious from the beginning.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jestina wrote:
    You aren't kidding about not enough sims. I sent my sim walking all over town and there was no one. I feel like my sims are the last sims on earth. And, hot spot or not, I've never had a line to get in a club or bar. If there is someone there besides the people who work there it is a miracle. I have to say, so far Late Night is my least favorite EP. I am very disappointed in it.

Just get rid of some of the clubs...or play in one of the other city's and just add only one or two clubs to it.
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    lol

It's called "marketing" and marketing is rarely completely honest unfortunately. Take everything with a grain of salt. Always. Especially when it comes to appearances. Nobody from EA actually said your clubs would always be full. They just show you a staged video or screenshot to imply actual game play.

Correct. :thumbup:
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited October 2010
    Just throwing it out there that the clubs do have a capacity limit. I think 14 is the most you can get. Here. 13 sims in my Weylon's Haunt. It was a hotspot and it just closed when I took this.
    screenshot96g.jpg
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jestina wrote:
    Jestina wrote:

Just get rid of some of the clubs...or play in one of the other city's and just add only one or two clubs to it.

Thanks, I'm going to try and thin out some of the clubs and see if that works in my town. But, it wasn't just in the clubs that there were no sims. I couldn't find anyone on the streets either. I felt like my sim was Will Smith in I Am Legend and I was going to turn a corner and zombies were going to attack.
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited October 2010
    EA is also a very wealthy company so they can afford the monster computers that can render 16+ sims in a single place. If you don't see many people in clubs, it's the game keeping your computer from over heating.